Training Camp Updates.

Im not going to read too much into Niang but I’m glad he’s getting work with the 1s.   Looks like we are rotating guys around looking for the best 5.   I for one can live with Remmers at RT this year but would love Niang to win the position over Remmers.

I assumed it would be Remmers and Smith. Always saw Gay as the SAM. Hoping Baker takes outside corner. X is a complete mystery. A little surprised that Neme started #2 Mike. I think that is temporary though. Surprised about Dan getting snaps ahead of Thornhill in 2 safety looks. I assume that’s temporary.

it is going to be a fun camp 

13 minutes ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

Yeah, that was pretty ignorant.

yea you need to excuse old Fumblitis ..he can get pretty  glass 1/2 full at times but he gets it honest. If you seen as many dead bodies as he has from all the different types of causes you might of gotten that way too by the time you get his age. Being a Dr  being overly cautious is not necessarily a bad thing IMO

1 hour ago, oldtimer said:

yea you n.eed to excuse old Fumblitis ..he can get pretty  glass 1/2 full at times but he gets it honest. If you seen as many dead bodies as he has from all the different types of causes you might of gotten that way too by the time you get his age. Being a Dr  being overly cautious is not necessarily a bad thing IMO

I'm excited about Trey Smith, but yes.  Any kind of unexpected blood clotting episode in a young man is cause for worry.  I'm not the only one.  He fell to the sixth round for a reason. Let's hope it was nothing, but my knowledge about clotting tendencies keeps me thinking they'd better have another solid starter ready.  In young people, the first episode usually happens around age 20.  Then another a couple years later, then more closer together. I want to see him play and dazzle more than anyone, but not at the expense of his life just for our hopes and thrills. His doctors cleared him.  But they had a lot of pressure to do so. To me, he will always be day-to-day. One more episode, whether next month or two years or three, he will be on anti-coagulants for the rest of his life and out of football.

52 minutes ago, xen said:

Kelce & Hitch back at practice.  Remmers out today, Niang starting at RT.  Speculation it could just be load management for Remmers.

Kelce back but only did individual drills.  Remmers reported as tight hammy.  Neither seem to be in danger of missing much practice time.  Don't know about Hitchens.  It would be great to see some line vs. line to see how Niang and Smith look.