Training Camp Updates.

I agree.  The new O-line guys are going to lose big time to the D veterans on many, many play reps in camp. Not just against veterans, but guys like Kaindoh who only have to learn a few things to contribute and who played college ball last year.  Many of them don't reach their full potential quite awhile.   They have to learn the Chiefs system so well in their heads and repeat it enough for it to be automatic without having to think.  When they are thinking hard, they can't play as fast or react quickly. It isn't automatic for them.  So, they get beat, often embarrassingly.  It's just way too early to be concerned with a guy like Niang who hasn't played for two years and has never had a single NFL training camp or even OTA's in 2020.. The thing that seems absurd to me here is that so many people posting seem to be assuming that he is going to step right in and start at RT.  I don't think so. 

2 hours ago, Fmbl2187 said:

Hey, there is the new name for the team right there.  "The Kansas City Thiefs."  Only need to change one letter.

Here in Ca there's nothing wrong with being a thief as long as it's under $950 🤦‍♂️. As the world's going its becoming acceptable so thief's might work.

3 hours ago, jetlord said:

Isn't Hughes thought to be more of a slot guy than outside?  If he and/or Baker can live up to their draft status, the Chiefs CB group won't be the weakness that is forecast.  

Seems to be working both the slot and the outside. They might be trying to figure out where he belongs but I think the deciding factor will be whether or not Sneed sticks at outside.

I like the young upside among the group. Both Baker and Hughes have talent as shown in their college years, if Spags can translate that into NFL we'll have a very young & decent secondary with cheap contracts for quite a while. 

After what had been some solid days for the offense as camp began, quarterback Patrick Mahomes threw the ball away three times during Monday’s workout. As is well expected by now, Bieniemy made sure to verbally express his dismay.

“Being a competitor, we all want it to be perfect, but we understand the ebb and flow of practice,” said Bieniemy. “Sometimes you have good days, sometimes the guys on the other side have good days. The only thing you want to see is guys making sure that they continue to play with the effort that we expect them to play with. Then, when it’s all said and done with, we’ll coach it up on tape and just clean it up. So, [Monday], we didn’t have a very good day, but I’ll have an opportunity to really evaluate it once we go in there and look at it on tape.”

Bieniemy and his offensive coaches will evaluate Monday’s tape, establish what went wrong, and then address it with the players in anticipation of Tuesday’s workout, which will be critical: it’s the first padded look of the preseason.

“You want to see these guys communicate at all levels,” explained Bieniemy as he looked forward to Tuesday. “On top of that, you want to see them lined up and play hard together. You want to see them strain to finish. One thing about an offensive line group, they all have to work on gelling and making sure they’re on the same page.

“ I will say this: they’ve got a heck of an O-line coach that’s done a heck of a job with them. So far, so good. We come out here tomorrow with the pads on. Now we continue to roll.”

5 hours ago, Fmbl2187 said:

I agree.  The new O-line guys are going to lose big time to the D veterans on many, many play reps in camp. Not just against veterans, but guys like Kaindoh who only have to learn a few things to contribute and who played college ball last year.  Many of them don't reach their full potential quite awhile.   They have to learn the Chiefs system so well in their heads and repeat it enough for it to be automatic without having to think.  When they are thinking hard, they can't play as fast or react quickly. It isn't automatic for them.  So, they get beat, often embarrassingly.  It's just way too early to be concerned with a guy like Niang who hasn't played for two years and has never had a single NFL training camp or even OTA's in 2020.. The thing that seems absurd to me here is that so many people posting seem to be assuming that he is going to step right in and start at RT.  I don't think so. 

Well.........

2 hours ago, Fmbl2187 said:

Good news.  Of course, hiccups can cost a game.  But it's early.

Well, Clark did beat Zeus a couple times the other day.  Hopefully Zeus cleans up those hiccups. Or he could cost us a game then. 

8 minutes ago, DieHard said:

It’s got to be good reps going against Jones and he went against Clark also. Don’t like to see Remmers out but it’s good for Niang. 

My thoughts exactly.  Take the lumps now and learn and grow going against 2 really good guys

Be an interesting camp as I have no idea how to interpret reports. Couldn't stop the run or rush the passer last year. Does that mean if we hear our running game is struggling or more pressure to QB that the defense is better or our O line is young and really struggling? Can't wait for the real deal! 

The long awaited OL/DL one-on-ones wrapped up. New offensive line largely looked good, sans Orlando Brown Jr., who seemed to struggle a bit vs. Chris Jones, Mike Danna. Danna and Turk Wharton had very nice looks. I was rather impressed with interior — Thuney, Humphrey, Smith.

10 minutes ago, AFCWEST said:
The long awaited OL/DL one-on-ones wrapped up. New offensive line largely looked good, sans Orlando Brown Jr., who seemed to struggle a bit vs. Chris Jones, Mike Danna. Danna and Turk Wharton had very nice looks. I was rather impressed with interior — Thuney, Humphrey, Smith.

Can't remember the last time I've heard that about our interior OL. 

I hope Brown's struggles were simply because Jones turned into a beast. 

8 hours ago, sith13 said:

Hiccups are always a concern but if he ends up beating a healthy Remmers for the RT job I would be thrilled. Not sure how they would handle the backup LT situation but some shuffling could take care of that easily. 

Remmers has experience at both, doesn't he?