Training Camp Updates.

1 minute ago, Biggjliv4 said:

I've not really seem much coming out regarding CEH? Any idea how he's looking?

Had a good interview today with Bienemy there too on NFL Network. He is liking his 2nd year with TC. Picking up a lot more of the offense. Seeing this line and talked about the bad taste of injuries hampering him down at end of year plus SB loss.

8 hours ago, sith13 said:

Hardman showed talent in the last 2 years :o I hope he got his head straight and starts playing football but personally I need to see it in a real NFL game to believe. Too much disappointment over the years with "talent" at WR.

Surprised no team took a shot at Key with that size. It's not easy to find relatively big corners that can tackle. Hopefully he's the real deal, the DBs sure have been performing beyond their draft status with Spags. 

Key is a safety.  Played Safety in college and has played Safety in camp for us. 

Following practice, the Chiefs said that Callaway’s injury is a bone bruise. Since he left Thursday’s practice on a cart, this is good news.

As practice began, the reason for Duvernay-Tardif’s absence was unknown. After it concluded, the Chiefs said he has a hand injury.

Tight end hopeful Jody Fortson, who has impressed on offense at camp, fits that mold.

“Jody has really stepped up,” said Toub. “He put on like 20 pounds of muscle, and you can see it in his play. He’s playing a lot bigger, he’s playing with a lot more confidence, and the same thing is going on special teams. He’s holding up guys stronger. He doesn’t look like a wide receiver anymore; he looks like a tight end. So, he’s really stepped it up, and he’s definitely one of the guys that I’m looking forward to seeing.”

So too is undrafted safety Devon Key, who has impressed on the other side of the football.

“Devon Key is another one,” added Toub. “Obviously, being a young guy, it’s going to be important he goes in there and makes plays on special teams because he’s really not in a battle for maybe a one or two spot, but maybe a third spot, and it’s going to come down to special teams and what he can do there. He’s definitely that guy.”

Toub confirmed that wide receiver Mecole Hardman would start as the team’s punt returner, and Byron Pringle would start as the team’s kick returner.

“We’re going to start off with the way we ended last year,” noted Toub. “I think both of those guys have improved because we had OTAs, we didn’t have that last year, and now we’re having camp, and they’ve really developed on some of their weaknesses. They’re getting better seeing the ball and catching it coming forward, and I think both of them are going to take a good step forward.”

“Mike Hughes is a guy that is going to surprise a lot [of people],” mentioned Toub. “He’s a really good returner. He’s got great returner skills, and he hasn’t really been tapped in that department, and we’ve been working him back there as a punt returner as well as a kick returner. We’re going to get him in there and see what he can do. He’s been real impressive at practice.”

Not in KC 

A couple of familiar faces for K.C. Chiefs fans have earned some new free agent visits recently, giving them hopes of extending their NFL careers for another season. Both wide receiver De’Anthony Thomas and tight end Demetrius Harris recently worked out for new franchises this week with the Arizona Cardinals and New Orleans Saints, respectively.