Training Camp Updates.

3 hours ago, AFCWEST said:

Not in KC 

A couple of familiar faces for K.C. Chiefs fans have earned some new free agent visits recently, giving them hopes of extending their NFL careers for another season. Both wide receiver De’Anthony Thomas and tight end Demetrius Harris recently worked out for new franchises this week with the Arizona Cardinals and New Orleans Saints, respectively.

Thank god.

Mecole Hardman is listed as the Chiefs' No. 2 receiver on the team's first depth chart of 2021. 

It may be time to adjust the ranks. Following an offseason in which Kansas City brass talked up Byron Pringle as the team's potential No. 2 wideout, Hardman starts the season as a presumed starter alongside Tyreek Hill. Hardman, by all accounts, has made the leap as he enters his third NFL season. In June, The Athletic's Nate Taylor said Hardman "has made sizable improvements, whether it’s his route running, his consistency when catching the ball or his overall demeanor on the practice fields." More playing time and a more diverse route tree should make the speed demon more consistent for fantasy purposes in 2021. Hardman should be treated as a WR3/4 in 12-team leagues with game-breaking upside. 

Herbie Teope

@HerbieTeope
Don’t see WR Antonio Callaway (bone bruise), OL Darryl Williams (COVID list) out here today. Willie Gay (concussion protocol), Kyle Long (knee), Laurent Duvernay-Tardif (hand), Mike Remmers (back), RB Darrel Williams (unknown), Evan Baylis (ankle), Malik Herring (knee) at rehab.

The Kansas City Chiefs announced a pair of roster moves on Sunday.

After passing his physical and returning from the non-football injury list earlier this week, Chiefs TE Nick Keizer has retired from the NFL. Keizer was dealing with a back injury suffered away from the team. Clearly, it’s something more severe than initially let on. The team described Keizer’s injury as back spasms on the first day of training camp.

Placement on the Reserve/Retired list means that the Chiefs maintain Keizer’s rights if he were to return and play. Keizer was tendered a restricted free agent contract this offseason and set to make $780K this season in Kansas City.

In addition to Keizer’s retirement, the Chiefs announced that they had signed OG Bryan Witzmann. The veteran guard had been on the Chiefs’ roster earlier in the offseason but was released ahead of rookie minicamp

Eric Bienemy: “We gotta pick this shit up” Chris Jones got through with would-be sacks two plays in a row

Eric Bienemy: “We gotta pick this shit up” Chris Jones got through with would-be sacks two plays in a row

JfboLb_T_normal.jpg

Early impression from team work this morning: Chris Jones dominated. He’s been on another level this camp. #Chiefs

Mahomes has found a reliable beat-the-blitz option in Jerick McKinnon. Pressured immediately, he hit McKinnon on a swing pass that could’ve gone for 70. McKinnon turned his head quickly looking for the ball.

Chiefs offense having a rough day, particularly up front. Chris Jones has been a constant presence in the backfi

Just now, AFCWEST said:
Mahomes has found a reliable beat-the-blitz option in Jerick McKinnon. Pressured immediately, he hit McKinnon on a swing pass that could’ve gone for 70. McKinnon turned his head quickly looking for the ball.

I wonder why the #1 Pick CEH is not seen as a receiving option?  Im liking this pick less and less.

20 minutes ago, AFCWEST said:

I wonder why the #1 Pick CEH is not seen as a receiving option?  Im liking this pick less and less.

You're comparing a vet who has been a receiving option for numerous years to a guy who was a rook last year with no offseason.  By all accounts CEH has made a lot of strides in the pass game.  Let's see how they use him in actual games before we write it off.  The ability is there, it's the only reason I gave the pick a pass where I normally don't like RB picks in round 1.  

58 minutes ago, xen said:

It takes a lot longer for a new O-line to gel and get their shit straight with each other.  Fans are going to freak out in pre-season games, but I'm not worried.  Of course, false starts will be a problem all season most likely. They are going to be good, though, when all is said and done. Probably won't start three rookies initially.

2 hours ago, AFCWEST said:

Lack of glowing praise this camp has me feeling the same way.  I'll give it a little more time but the praise for Darrell and McKinnon is concerning.

1 hour ago, xen said:

You're comparing a vet who has been a receiving option for numerous years to a guy who was a rook last year with no offseason.  By all accounts CEH has made a lot of strides in the pass game.  Let's see how they use him in actual games before we write it off.  The ability is there, it's the only reason I gave the pick a pass where I normally don't like RB picks in round 1.  

I agree but you'd like to hear some more good things coming out of camp.  Been kinda silent on the CEH front.  Heard about Darrell and McKinnon a little but not much from CEH.   Time will tell though.

3 hours ago, AFCWEST said:

Mecole Hardman is listed as the Chiefs' No. 2 receiver on the team's first depth chart of 2021. 

It may be time to adjust the ranks. Following an offseason in which Kansas City brass talked up Byron Pringle as the team's potential No. 2 wideout, Hardman starts the season as a presumed starter alongside Tyreek Hill. Hardman, by all accounts, has made the leap as he enters his third NFL season. In June, The Athletic's Nate Taylor said Hardman "has made sizable improvements, whether it’s his route running, his consistency when catching the ball or his overall demeanor on the practice fields." More playing time and a more diverse route tree should make the speed demon more consistent for fantasy purposes in 2021. Hardman should be treated as a WR3/4 in 12-team leagues with game-breaking upside. 

Marcus Kemp has for sure improved offensively. Might be the third best wide receiver this camp behind Hill, Hardman.

And Nate Taylor saying Kemp is a lock to make the team.