Training Camp Updates.

• Safety Juan Thornhill continues to mix with the second and third teams — but after the workout, Reid assured his listeners there is nothing to it: “I think he’s way better than he was, and then every day, he’s getting a little bit better — and he’s getting more trust in his leg, which is the important thing. He just needs to keep going, keep working through — and if it’s bothering him, then you back him off a little bit and take a step forward from there.”
  • Reid on Remmers and the right tackle battle vs. Niang: “It was good to get [Remmers] back in there full-go — and I think he worked out pretty good. They’ll all play and Andy [Heck] rotates all of them in there. We’ve got full trust in him, though.”
  • Tight end Jody Fortson continues to make a strong case for the roster, making one of Monday’s plays of the day by bringing in a deep pass from quarterback Shane Buechele over safety Armani Watts down the right sideline. He appears to be one of the Chiefs’ most athletic skill players.
  • Despite cornerback Deandre Baker’s strong game against the 49ers, it was still Mike Hughes at right outside cornerback in the nickel. In Monday’s second-team looks, Baker was the left cornerback and Rashad Fenton was the right cornerback

We have waived/injured the following players: TE Evan Baylis WR Antonio Callaway We have waived DB Manny Patterson. We released WR Chad Williams. We placed RB Elijah McGuire on Injured Reserve.

Tight end Evan Baylis and wide receiver Antonio Callaway have been waived with injury designations. This means that if another team doesn't claim them before 3 p.m. Arrowhead Time on Wednesday, they will revert to the team’s Reserve/Injured list. Both players have missed a string of practices with injuries; Baylis has an ankle injury, while Callaway has a bone bruise.

Have we ever had a more talented roster?  I’m starting to think by midseason barring injuries that Oline could absolutely dominate teams.   The lb group has the potential to take a huge jump forward as well!  Secondary isn’t loaded with stars but Ward is serviceable, Hughes looks to taking advantage of his change in scenario, Baker looks to keep getting better and better from his injury, Fenton is a steady and capable back up and that is an amazing 5th db.    

At this point the biggest concerns seem to be #2/#3 wr and Thornhill.    We have the bodies at wr but none have seemed to take that big step forward but they are all steady and serviceable.   

A bright spot seems to be the TE depth.  Many think Gray play terrible but he had separation on one ball thrown to far in from of him and Hennes pass on his back shoulder was another bad pass.  I think the kid is a stud and is going to show out and Fortson has been showing out in camp.  Nice to have some quality depth at TE for a change.  

20 minutes ago, AFCWEST said:

We have waived/injured the following players: TE Evan Baylis WR Antonio Callaway We have waived DB Manny Patterson. We released WR Chad Williams. We placed RB Elijah McGuire on Injured Reserve.

Tight end Evan Baylis and wide receiver Antonio Callaway have been waived with injury designations. This means that if another team doesn't claim them before 3 p.m. Arrowhead Time on Wednesday, they will revert to the team’s Reserve/Injured list. Both players have missed a string of practices with injuries; Baylis has an ankle injury, while Callaway has a bone bruise.

Would have liked to seen Antonion play in a preaseason game.  Maybe he will be back if he gets healthy but my guess is he is done

Great and fun OL vs. DL battles up front during this one-on-one session. Chiefs rookie RG Trey Smith stonewalled Chris Jones on first block, then Jones got the better of Smith on next repetition with a power rush, got under Smith’s pads and tossed the mammoth rookie.

Toub also said he’s expecting to see good things from wide receiver Darrius Shepherd — the former Blue Springs High School player who averaged 18.7 yards per kickoff return during two seasons with the Green Bay Packers.

“He’s a solid catcher,” observed Toub. “I can count on him. He’s going to catch the ball great — [I’m] talking punt returns. He didn’t get an opportunity on kick returns. We’re going to try and get him one this week. But he’s a solid catcher; he gets north and south. [But] I still want to see that burst — you know, the ‘NFL burst.’ You want to see that. And he’ll probably get opportunities this week.”

• The defensive line-offensive line drills continue to be highly entertaining, with the feature matchup being Chris Jones and Trey Smith. Both took turns winning reps on Tuesday, with Jones tossing Smith on one turn — only for Jones to end up on his back on the next rep. Jones and Smith appear to be two of the best in their respective positions in the NFL; it is still amazing Smith fell to the sixth round. Other standouts in this look were Nick Allegretti, Joshua Kaindoh, Niang and Saunders.

9 minutes ago, AFCWEST said:
  • The defensive line-offensive line drills continue to be highly entertaining, with the feature matchup being Chris Jones and Trey Smith. Both took turns winning reps on Tuesday, with Jones tossing Smith on one turn — only for Jones to end up on his back on the next rep. Jones and Smith appear to be two of the best in their respective positions in the NFL; it is still amazing Smith fell to the sixth round. Other standouts in this look were Nick Allegretti, Joshua Kaindoh, Niang and Saunders.

If Smith can trade with Jones...I'll take that. Rookie vs one of the best D- Lineman in the league

53 minutes ago, AFCWEST said:

Damm we need video of this.

29 minutes ago, azchief21 said:

ycm8ibEE_bigger.jpg

Chiefs’ HC Andy Reid on how much he will play his starters Friday night at Arizona against the Cardinals in a game on ESPN: “We’ll go a half, somewhere there about, with the starters, and then the twos and threes will take the second half.”

Sweet. Hope for no injuries, but I want to see the line in action and Mahomes benefitting from it.