Training Camp Updates.

39 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

I really like Thompson aka  "The Termite" he's making a strong case to be the #2 RB

McKinnon is obviously #2.  Thompson looked good against #3's for Arizona, but he is a scatback.  He will be helpful in situations when the O-line is making little creases and the fast LBs and safeties are starting to lose a bit of speed late in a game like we saw last night. In Reid's schemes, I still think Williams will be #3 when he gets healthy.

1 hour ago, oldtimer said:

I really like Thompson aka  "The Termite" he's making a strong case to be the #2 RB

Hes definitely got a case to be the #2. Because he is pretty shitty. In 3 years I haven't seen 1 attribute this kid exhibits that stands out. If he makes the team it will be because of injuries, in my opinion. 

20 minutes ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

Hes definitely got a case to be the #2. Because he is pretty shitty. In 3 years I haven't seen 1 attribute this kid exhibits that stands out. If he makes the team it will be because of injuries, in my opinion. 

time will tell

Think we can all agree Mecole is the 2nd receiver on this team. He can get separation and his hands are solid, even in traffic. 

Not sure why there’s been debate about this. When you take a receiver in the 2nd, over DK Metcalf who I wanted more than anyone in the draft, you fuckin play him. 

those announcers were uncommonly bad..maybe it was just me but they seemed more knowledgeable about the Cards. Are these the ESPN A team? If so no wonder ESPN ratings suck soo bad..I feel terrible for Alex if he's joining those boobs. 

At one point they said we only kept 2 TEs the last couple of years on the roster……we kept 4 last year (Kelce, Keizer, RSJ, and the 4th just slipped my mind).    Why say something like that when you don’t know.   It’s like they were literally making crap up as they went.  

those announcers were uncommonly bad..maybe it was just me but they seemed more knowledgeable about the Cards. Are these the ESPN A team? If so no wonder ESPN ratings suck soo bad..I feel terrible for Alex if he's joining those boobs. 

Maybe Alex will help them be better.

2 hours ago, Fmbl2187 said:

These games really grab my attention.  It is like a puzzle to figure out what the coaches and GM's stategies are for the kind of team they want to work with for the season, to see what these kids are going to do, who they keep and why, etc. I love that.  The thing that drives me nuts are the yacking and stupid interviews with starters who are done and are on the bench and the mindless chatter of the TV people supposedly "covering" the game.  There are constantly plays going on, and I have no idea who did what, who screwed up, who did something right, who is showing athletic ability and mindset.  Instead, I hear constant chattering and focus on their own cuteness and personality.  These people have no idea who the players are and don't want to put the work into knowing the names from their uniform numbers.  I am left scratching my head on who did what, especially the twos and threes. Sometimes the cameramen don't even see the play. But we sure get to hear about why Kelce grew a mustache or what some starter thinks about cheese or onions.

You just stated very well what I've been thinking for the last two games.  In one case, the Chiefs got a sack and I have no idea who did it.  Do we really care if Jones is showing a sideline babe how to do a yoga move or how Murray feels about the chances for the Cards this season?  Show the game. 

2 hours ago, oldtimer said:

One major point.  Darrel can protect Mahomes, Thompson not so much.  Darrel is more likely to make it on third and two.  Thompson tries to hurdle over everything.  Darrel will make the team.  Thompson is auditioning for a job.  Okay, that was three points.  Thompson only sticks around if someone else in injured.  JMHO 

Chiefs C Austin Blythe will miss three weeks after undergoing sports hernia surgery.

The timeline gives Blythe a chance to return without missing games. Signed to a one-year, $3.9 million contract in March, Blythe is being counted on to improve an interior line that started Daniel Kilgore and Austin Reiter at center last season. With 22 days before the opener, Blythe will be in a race to get cleared for Week 1.

37 minutes ago, jetlord said:

One major point.  Darrel can protect Mahomes, Thompson not so much.  Darrel is more likely to make it on third and two.  Thompson tries to hurdle over everything.  Darrel will make the team.  Thompson is auditioning for a job.  Okay, that was three points.  Thompson only sticks around if someone else in injured.  JMHO 

I did notice that..he musta got a way with it one time so he thinks he can do it again

43 minutes ago, jetlord said:

You just stated very well what I've been thinking for the last two games.  In one case, the Chiefs got a sack and I have no idea who did it.  Do we really care if Jones is showing a sideline babe how to do a yoga move or how Murray feels about the chances for the Cards this season?  Show the game. 

We need a BINGO emogi. 

1 hour ago, AFCWEST said:

Chiefs C Austin Blythe will miss three weeks after undergoing sports hernia surgery.

The timeline gives Blythe a chance to return without missing games. Signed to a one-year, $3.9 million contract in March, Blythe is being counted on to improve an interior line that started Daniel Kilgore and Austin Reiter at center last season. With 22 days before the opener, Blythe will be in a race to get cleared for Week 1.

I'd double that.  6 weeks.

I think its clear thompson wont make the roster at rb unless there are massive injuries.

honestly at this point mckinnon looks like the #1 rb to me, but we all know he wont get snaps over clyde or williams.

as far as wr, hardman may be the most talented, but it’s clear mahomes has zero faith in him to run the correct route, so at this point its time to go with pringle and be on the lookout for a trade scenario.

the only other option is to make hardman the #2, play him darn near every snap of the season and pray to god by the playoffs he figures out the playbook. But personally i have given up on him and would rather give pringle, robinson (who also sucks), fountain, kemp, and powell snaps.

we should be on the lookout to trade a rb or an o lineman to a team for their 4th wr

1 hour ago, Lamardirts said:

Yeah I initially thought he would take Watts job.

Not a chance.  Watts is one of the irreplaceable gunners on ST's.  Toub would never stand for it.  Watts is also a decent backup in case of injuries to the safety crew. Plus, he is not a dim bulb. 100 Watts at least.

Reid provided an extensive injury update on Monday at his weekly press conference.

“As far as the injuries go, where we’re sitting right now, Yasir Durant is in the concussion protocol, (Rashad) Fenton — he has a hamstring strain, it happened just before the game (while he was fielding punts). Chris Jones is sick — not COVID, but sick. Dorian O’Daniel is also sick. Darrel Williams is in the concussion protocol. Austin Blythe did have surgery on a sports hernia and he’s doing well. Frank Clark, hamstring strain and Larry (Duvernay-Tardif) continues to improve.”

Reid also provided an update on running back Clyde Edwards-Helaire, who injured his ankle in the game against the Arizona Cardinals. “He’s doing well,” said Reid. “He just did the walkthrough. He’s got a sore ankle, but we’ll just see how that goes here.”