Training Camp Updates.

Andy says he likes to play MVPat in the preseason to get a feel for the new O-Line. Pat's going to have to learn to trust the line and to climb the pocket. A learning experience when he bailed to the right running for his life the other night when he could have stepped up a bit to a clean pocket. This is why Andy wins and develops QBs. Many coaches would have Mahomes and think they have the best QB in the league rested him on the sidelines. Always improving.

6 minutes ago, azchief21 said:

Andy says he likes to play MVPat in the preseason to get a feel for the new O-Line. Pat's going to have to learn to trust the line and to climb the pocket. A learning experience when he bailed to the right running for his life the other night when he could have stepped up a bit to a clean pocket. This is why Andy wins and develops QBs. Many coaches would have Mahomes and think they have the best QB in the league rested him on the sidelines. Always improving.

Personally I liked the 2018 Mahomes. Way more entertaining. 

8 minutes ago, azchief21 said:

Wait till you see Mahomes with a pocket as he runs through the route tree. Of course, I'm sure he'll still break the pocket and create a couple of jaw-droppers.

Im waiting. 50tds and over 5,000 yards in 16 games. 

Just now, azchief21 said:

More entertaining than what? I'm talking about this year's team. This year's O Line. This year's Mahomes. How you know 2018 is more entertaining than a season that hasn't been played yet?

Im not sure why you are going this way? My comment was I miss the 2018 Mahomes. Thats it. Nothing Else. 

2 hours ago, azchief21 said:

What if it's 4000 and 40 TDs but those yards are made up in the run game. Are you trying to say he wouldn't play better with a better O Line?

How about factoring in the fact that Mahomes will get the ball more times in each game, because the improved defense will get more three and outs and prevent many of those long time-consuming drives.  That was the main strategy opponents used against us.   The added possessions alone will be enough for him to have his cake and eat it on the ground, too.  That assumes that he won't sustain a season ending injury trying to run it without sliding to protect himself. He freaked me out the other night.  Stupid, stupid, stupid.

4 minutes ago, Fmbl2187 said:

How about factoring in the fact that Mahomes will get the ball more times in each game, because the improved defense will get more three and outs and prevent many of those long time-consuming drives.  That was the main strategy opponents used against us.   The added possessions alone will be enough for him to have his cake and eat it on the ground, too.  That assumes that he won't sustain a season ending injury trying to run it without sliding to protect himself. He freaked me out the other night.  Stupid, stupid, stupid.

I like your thinking except that injury stuff

2 minutes ago, azchief21 said:

I like your thinking except that injury stuff

I don't like to think of that either.  But you know I'm right.  PM is capable of learning to protect himself and still be a hero, can't he?  If he wants to be a hero, he can do it with his arm or with a run and slide, not a keeper up the middle and a head on crunch into somebody looking to decapitate him or destroy his knee.

2 minutes ago, Fmbl2187 said:

I don't like to think of that either.  But you know I'm right.  PM is capable of learning to protect himself and still be a hero, can't he?  If he wants to be a hero, he can do it with his arm or with a run and slide, not a keeper up the middle and a head on crunch into somebody looking to decapitate him or destroy his knee.

When I mentioned gaining the difference in the run game, I meant hand if off to the RBs. Not LJing it. 

1 hour ago, Fmbl2187 said:

It’s our offense staying on the field with long drives that’s gonna be key to our defense and success. Win the TOP, and wear them down. Can’t wait. 
I don’t care if mahomes doesn’t have huge numbers. I want to see the chiefs play some old school football and mix in some showtime when the defense is sucking wind. 

On Tuesday, Chiefs defensive coordinator Steve Spagnuolo weighed in on the 26-year-old.

“Those are hard decisions, first of all,” acknowledged Spagnuolo. “Like when I texted him [Monday] — because I didn’t get a chance to see him in the morning, but I had texted him to remember that he helped us win an AFC championship — and sometimes, this happens in the league. But I think more than anything, some of the other guys jumped up and did a nice job. I think what was good, I thought (general manager) Brett (Veach) made a good point: we give Taco a chance to maybe catch on with another team, so I wish him the best.”

For the 53-man roster under Spagnuolo in both 2019 and 2020, the Chiefs have kept 10 defensive linemen. The numbers wedged Charlton out of the mix.

“You got the next group of guys there — you got Demoane (Harris), you got Tim (Ward), you got Josh (Kaindoh). Right? You got a bunch of guys battling for positions.”

Second-year defensive end Mike Danna is another player who has stood out throughout training camp and the preseason.

“I’ve talked about Mike a lot,” added Spagnuolo. “You guys know how I feel about him — his intelligence, his natural ability. I think what coach Daly and Terry Braden do with him is outstanding. I’ve just seen him — you’re talking about a guy that was at Central Michigan that went to Michigan for a year, and he just keeps doing this, and if he can keep doing that, I think he’s going to help us.”

8 hours ago, AFCWEST said:
MIKE PENNELDL, UNSIGNED FREE AGENT
9765.jpg

Bears released DT Mike Pennel.

Pennel made an appearance in 14 games for the Chiefs last year but failed to survive beyond Chicago's second preseason game. He's totaled one sack and two tackles for loss in the past four seasons.

the wolf of wall street idgaf GIF

A Day 2 pick to the Kansas City Chiefs for G Laurent Duvernay-Tardif

The Cincinnati Bengals have bolstered an offensive line that nearly got 2020 No. 1 overall pick Joe Burrow killed last season, but the interior remains a potential problem, and they could use a solid veteran to take some pressure off of underwhelming potential starting guards Michael Jordan, Xavier Su’a-Filo and Quinton Spain.

Duvernay-Tardif could be on the outs with the Chiefs, who signed veteran Joe Thuney and used a second-round draft pick on Creed Humphrey. He’s 30 but, like Solder, could be fresh after a year off.

At the very least, the highly-respected vet would likely be a reliable presence inside, and he brings plenty of experience and playoff pedigree to a rebuilding team.

For Burrow’s sake, that’d be worth a third-round pick if the Chiefs were willing to participa

3 minutes ago, AFCWEST said:

A Day 2 pick to the Kansas City Chiefs for G Laurent Duvernay-Tardif

The Cincinnati Bengals have bolstered an offensive line that nearly got 2020 No. 1 overall pick Joe Burrow killed last season, but the interior remains a potential problem, and they could use a solid veteran to take some pressure off of underwhelming potential starting guards Michael Jordan, Xavier Su’a-Filo and Quinton Spain.

Duvernay-Tardif could be on the outs with the Chiefs, who signed veteran Joe Thuney and used a second-round draft pick on Creed Humphrey. He’s 30 but, like Solder, could be fresh after a year off.

At the very least, the highly-respected vet would likely be a reliable presence inside, and he brings plenty of experience and playoff pedigree to a rebuilding team.

For Burrow’s sake, that’d be worth a third-round pick if the Chiefs were willing to participa

A 3rd for ldt that's a no brainer if it were the case.