Training Camp Updates.

1 hour ago, reesebobby said:

I'm fine with Mahomes winning the job.  I just hope they had a fair competition and didn't just give it to him based on the big contract he signed.  

Yeah, just based on the first two pre-season games, Heine should have gotten a better shot.  What could Reid be thinking?

Just now, jetlord said:

Yeah, just based on the first two pre-season games, Heine should have gotten a better shot.  What could Reid be thinking?

Maybe he sees things in practice that we don't have access to.  Like I said, I'm comfortable going into the season with Mahomes as a starter.  He has experience in this offense and he's done well in the past.  But I hope they keep him on a tight leash and make a change at the first sign that he's struggling.  

1 minute ago, jetlord said:

Six WR and four TE?  Could happen or maybe they could stash Powell on the PC. 

I would not be shocked if Powell is waived. Veach has shown he wants some security in receivers. Signing Watkins as an example. Not sure he will keep a receiver project or future potential receiver on the roster. Other positions yes. Receiver maybe not. Powell has not shown much.

3 hours ago, jetlord said:

Six WR and four TE?  Could happen or maybe they could stash Powell on the PC. 

I don't think they will just let Powell go after drafting him. They will try to stash him there.  I doubt he would be snapped up. I forgot who that pick was compensation for. What did we lose to get that 5th round pick? Maybe that might factor in to the decision.

34 minutes ago, Fmbl2187 said:

I don't think they will just let Powell go after drafting him. They will try to stash him there.  I doubt he would be snapped up. I forgot who that pick was compensation for. What did we lose to get that 5th round pick? Maybe that might factor in to the decision.

Emmanuel Ogbah comp pick was Powell

1 hour ago, Fmbl2187 said:

I’d like to see Powell kept as the 6th WR. Can learn and grow from vets above him. And we wouldn’t lose him. I’d also keep Fountain. Put kemp on PS. I know he has done well in camp but he is so-so in games. And we have guys on the team that are also good gunners. We were fine when he was hurt and didn’t feel it on special teams. Guys like Fenton, Watts, Baker, Fountain, Powell can do the job. Even Keyes has helped there before. 
keep the guys with higher ceilings at WR over kemp. Kemp is replaceable on special teams. 

Hill

Hardman

Pringle

sign a guy that gets cut

Fountain

Powell

WR Antonio Callaway, WR Chad Williams and TE Evan Baylis were all waived with injury designations during the Chiefs’ first round of roster cuts. They all cleared waivers and as a result, reverted to injured reserve. RB Elijah McGuire was placed on injured reserve outright during the first wave of roster cuts.

All four players reached injury settlements with the Chiefs on Thursday, taking a payout instead of staying on injured reserve. Williams and McGuire are vested, meaning they hit free agency immediately. Callaway and Baylis will need to clear waivers before they’re able to sign with another NFL club.

This doesn’t necessarily mean that this is the last we’ll see of these players in Kansas City, though. When you agree to an injury settlement you can still re-sign with that team, but only after the period of time covered by the settlement, plus six weeks. For example, if the settlement between the Chiefs and Antonio Callaway pays him two game checks, he can re-sign after eight weeks.

This happened with the Chiefs and WR Gehrig Dieter last season. The veteran wideout took an injury settlement due to a back injury and later rejoined the team, signing with the practice squad during the regular season. He was eventually elevated to the 53-man roster too.

6 hours ago, oldtimer said:

WR Antonio Callaway, WR Chad Williams and TE Evan Baylis were all waived with injury designations during the Chiefs’ first round of roster cuts. They all cleared waivers and as a result, reverted to injured reserve. RB Elijah McGuire was placed on injured reserve outright during the first wave of roster cuts.

All four players reached injury settlements with the Chiefs on Thursday, taking a payout instead of staying on injured reserve. Williams and McGuire are vested, meaning they hit free agency immediately. Callaway and Baylis will need to clear waivers before they’re able to sign with another NFL club.

This doesn’t necessarily mean that this is the last we’ll see of these players in Kansas City, though. When you agree to an injury settlement you can still re-sign with that team, but only after the period of time covered by the settlement, plus six weeks. For example, if the settlement between the Chiefs and Antonio Callaway pays him two game checks, he can re-sign after eight weeks.

This happened with the Chiefs and WR Gehrig Dieter last season. The veteran wideout took an injury settlement due to a back injury and later rejoined the team, signing with the practice squad during the regular season. He was eventually elevated to the 53-man roster too.

Oh, good.  I was losing sleep over losing Chad Williams and Evan Baylis.