Training Camp Updates.

The National Football League has made it official. In a memo it sent to its clubs this week, the league said that the modified injured reserve rules that were put in place for the 2020 season will continue in 2021.

Under the modified rules, teams may return an unlimited number of players from their Reserve/Injured lists, provided that each returning player:

• was on the team’s initial 53-man roster on September 1
  • has been on the Reserve/Injured list for a minimum of three games or postseason bye weeks
  • is returned to the active roster within 21 days of being designated for a return to practice

2 hours ago, oldtimer said:

Like was mentioned earlier 1 on 1s can be deceiving but if Nate was not using an excessive amount of Hyperbole that is concerning.. CEH you no can blockee you no can playee 

You just put out a great blocker in front of him or throw to him instead.  Also, Niemann may be improved.  Glass half full?

24 minutes ago, reesebobby said:

I will say that if you put them both in football uniforms, I'm taking Tyreek at any distance.  

In Bolt's prime, Tyreek could not touch him.  But he is now 36 years old.  I don't care if Bolt could run 28 mph 18 years ago. Tyreek would beat him now, no matter what they are wearing. Anyway, by next year, Tyreek will have 2 super bowl rings.  He could afford to risk one of them, right?

Interesting. I agree with this approach!

Justin Herbert will not play during the preseason. 

New coach Brandon Staley confirmed Thursday that the majority of his starters will not see the field this exhibition season. That is in keeping with the philosophy of Staley's former boss Sean McVay. “Our practices are going to be a lot more like games than these preseason games,” Staley said. “The environment that we create on our practice field is where the real action is in the preseason.” Herbert has a few new faces to build chemistry with, but Staley is not incorrect that the practice field might be the best forum for that. This has no bearing on Herbert's ADP, which is typically in the QB7-9 range

21 minutes ago, Handswarmer said:

Because Mahomes was All World vs the Buccaneers? He cannot do it himself. He needs an O-line, hell any QB needs an O-line.

Brown getting walked backwards by Jones on One on Ones is not good.

Or it shows what Jones is.

Brown will not be facing many Jones's.  They always say "it is hard to keep up with the Jones's.

2 hours ago, Handswarmer said:

Because Mahomes was All World vs the Buccaneers? He cannot do it himself. He needs an O-line, hell any QB needs an O-line.

Brown getting walked backwards by Jones on One on Ones is not good.

lol we won 14 games last year and made the superbowl with hardly any line.  Nice try, sour grapes.

7 hours ago, xen said:

Odd he doesn't make it a 40 yard dash.......No way Hill wins a long race but I think he gets Bolt in the 40.  Also waiting until right after the season to race when Hill is tired and potentially dealing with nagging injuries is a big sus.   I think the best thing would be to race a 40 and then a 100.  

Hill losing a SB ring would be a great motivator, I hope he accepts the challenge :D 

Bolt ran a 4.22 at the combine in sneakers without actually preparing for it, Hill has no chance but to hope the injuries derail Bolt's capabilities. As the range gets longer Hill's little chance will diminish rather fast as there'll be fundamental factors like technique coming in and even guys running below 10 secs in the Olympics can't keep up with Bolt in that area. 

70 meters..  hell i dont know.. its easy to say bolt would smoke him.. except its not. 

fact is, at juco, they weren't that far off from each other.  but reek has been playing football.. 

that changes things a bit.. 

but yeah .. one of 7 gold medals vs, a superbowl ring.. I dont know if thats fair.. I think they should race for jerseys.. or something of that nature..  or hell even autographs, stating * beat me in a race.. 

that oughta be worth more to those two, than the gold medals or superbowl rings :)

Get Up host Mike Greenberg chipped in.

“Louis, and you know this well, Trey Smith once upon a time was the No. 1 high school football player in America,” Greenberg said. “There were health questions involving him that forced him to fall all the way to sixth — or the sixth-round, I should say — in the draft. He’s a player whose talent is rated well above that.”

Smith finished his high school cycle as the No. 4 offensive tackle and No. 14 overall prospect in the 247Sports Composite, a five-star player. And he excelled at Tennessee, making second-team All-SEC as a true freshman, starting games at right guard, then left tackle.

He returned to start seven straight games at left tackle as a sophomore before the Tennessee medical staff discovered blood clots in his lungs. He missed the rest of that season, and while those blood clots would eventually cause Smith to slide to the sixth round — he was projected as a late-first, early-second-round type of talent — they didn’t stop Smith from playing the next two years and reaching first-team All-SEC status in both seasons.

6 minutes ago, AFCWEST said:

Get Up host Mike Greenberg chipped in.

“Louis, and you know this well, Trey Smith once upon a time was the No. 1 high school football player in America,” Greenberg said. “There were health questions involving him that forced him to fall all the way to sixth — or the sixth-round, I should say — in the draft. He’s a player whose talent is rated well above that.”

Smith finished his high school cycle as the No. 4 offensive tackle and No. 14 overall prospect in the 247Sports Composite, a five-star player. And he excelled at Tennessee, making second-team All-SEC as a true freshman, starting games at right guard, then left tackle.

He returned to start seven straight games at left tackle as a sophomore before the Tennessee medical staff discovered blood clots in his lungs. He missed the rest of that season, and while those blood clots would eventually cause Smith to slide to the sixth round — he was projected as a late-first, early-second-round type of talent — they didn’t stop Smith from playing the next two years and reaching first-team All-SEC status in both seasons.

Somehow I missed the fact he also played left tackle in college. 

8 hours ago, sith13 said:

Hill losing a SB ring would be a great motivator, I hope he accepts the challenge :D 

Bolt ran a 4.22 at the combine in sneakers without actually preparing for it, Hill has no chance but to hope the injuries derail Bolt's capabilities. As the range gets longer Hill's little chance will diminish rather fast as there'll be fundamental factors like technique coming in and even guys running below 10 secs in the Olympics can't keep up with Bolt in that area. 

Meh running like that is all about form.  Bolt has been doing nothing but training his form his entire career.  That said he's a long strider so Reek may be able to get him in 40.  70 I think no chance