OK I'm the eternal pessimist....

Funny thing is I talked to a lot of folks attired in Chiefs gear on the Friday before the home opener and optimism was high.

Wonder where the majority of fans are now ?

My homer guess was 10-6. I guess it is now 9-7. :/

Some would say that 7-9 or 6-10 would be homeristic. No, thank you. If I go homer, I go the whole way. :)

Miami is much better, and the rest are very good. The only hope for the Chiefs will be if SF overlooks the Chiefs. I think they are the most vulnerable. All the others could overlook the Chiefs and still come out the victor. 

When preseason games began to expose this team, I immediately recognized their deficiencies, and said they would be 6 - 10 this season. I don't know that they will win 6 games now. The Chiefs could split with the Raiders, and finish with a single win. That would have shocked me last season, but now it wouldn't cause me to blink. 

The Chiefs have a lot of work to do. They have to work on their OL primarily. Fisher is not the bigger issue any longer. As inadequate as he is, Fisher is currently the second best player on the OL. They are a mess. 

The Chiefs have to find a WR. Avery has to go. Bowe is still the best of the lot, but he is nearing the end of his career. 35 year old Steve Smith, Sr. is better than anyone we currently have on our team. He was just signed for $2 M a season with the Baltimore Ravens. I don't want the Chiefs to count on signing Steve Smith, Jr. in 22 years from now. We need something now.  

I still said 0-16 from the beginning. Who exactly can this team beat? They are worse than I previously thought too. Yikes...

That's ridiculous. At the worst, some team will be banged up or injured. Sorry, I can't take your prediction seriously. But it doesn't matter. Some wouldn't take me seriously either.

That's ridiculous. At the worst, some team will be banged up or injured. Sorry, I can't take your prediction seriously. But it doesn't matter. Some wouldn't take me seriously either.

I really don't think it's that far fetched. JC will get injured at some point, he always does, fact. Our defense is already weaker from the loss of DJ and Devito. Berry is injury prone And our o line is a disaster, but we all know this already. Basically, we will be LUCKY to win one or two.

I'm not saying we are the worst in the NFL, I'm just saying we don't have the depth to produce results. We ONE offensive weapon, that's it. We have a few defensive weapons left but injuries happen, and they will happen.

Statistically speaking, it is highly improbable that team wins zero games.

It is most likely they win at least 2.

Since 1970 only 3 of 58 teams with the worst record* in the NFL have not won a game, or 5.2%

12 of 58 have only won a single game, or 20.7%.

31 of 58 have won two games, or 53.4%

8 of 58 have won three games, or 13.8%

and 4 of 58 have won four games, or 6.9%

* do note it is possible for multiple teams to have the worst record in the same year, thus 58 entries in 44 years.

Statistically speaking, it is highly improbable that team wins zero games.

It is most likely they win at least 2.

Since 1970 only 3 of 58 teams with the worst record* in the NFL have not won a game, or 5.2%

12 of 58 have only won a single game, or 20.7%.

31 of 58 have won two games, or 53.4%

8 of 58 have won three games, or 13.8%

and 4 of 58 have won four games, or 6.9%

* do note it is possible for multiple teams to have the worst record in the same year, thus 58 entries in 44 years.

So you're tellin me there's a chance.

Ok, so maybe 2 wins. I'm gonna expect the worst but hope for the best.

I really don't think it's that far fetched. JC will get injured at some point, he always does, fact. Our defense is already weaker from the loss of DJ and Devito. Berry is injury prone And our o line is a disaster, but we all know this already. Basically, we will be LUCKY to win one or two.

I'm not saying we are the worst in the NFL, I'm just saying we don't have the depth to produce results. We ONE offensive weapon, that's it. We have a few defensive weapons left but injuries happen, and they will happen.

I really find it difficult to support this post bro. When you throw out bogus statements or generalize it really weakens your argument. For example: you say, " JC will get injured at some point, he always does, fact." Yeah he had the torn ACL year. Things happen. but the other five seasons he has been in the league he has played in 78 out of 80 games. And we know one of those was against San Diego when none of the starters played anyway. So this is a false statement. Getting banged up and being inured are two different things. You also point the finger at Eric Berry as being "injury prone". Again...let's throw out the ACL tear season and look at the rest. In three other seasons Berry has started 47 out of 48 games. Don't know where you are getting your info but it ain't from the games.

Look, I understand as a fan we are all kinda down and disappointed right now. It's easy to point fingers and just throw in the towel. I think the Chiefs will win some games. How many we don't know. I have had my guts ripped out by this team more times than I can count...but there I am every Sunday watching and screaming at the tv. I am a fan for life...through thick and thin. Better days are ahead.

I really find it difficult to support this post bro. When you throw out bogus statements or generalize it really weakens your argument. For example: you say, " JC will get injured at some point, he always does, fact." Yeah he had the torn ACL year. Things happen. but the other five seasons he has been in the league he has played in 78 out of 80 games. And we know one of those was against San Diego when none of the starters played anyway. So this is a false statement. Getting banged up and being inured are two different things. You also point the finger at Eric Berry as being "injury prone". Again...let's throw out the ACL tear season and look at the rest. In three other seasons Berry has started 47 out of 48 games. Don't know where you are getting your info but it ain't from the games.

Look, I understand as a fan we are all kinda down and disappointed right now. It's easy to point fingers and just throw in the towel. I think the Chiefs will win some games. How many we don't know. I have had my guts ripped out by this team more times than I can count...but there I am every Sunday watching and screaming at the tv. I am a fan for life...through thick and thin. Better days are ahead.

I'm a fan, but enough is enough. JC will get injured this year, book it. He's the only weapon we have, the only guy teams have to scheme against, and our only hope at the same time. D Bowe can suck a fat one...lazy ass loser. Smith is screwed, but at least he got his deal.

Archived