Why the fuck are the Chiefs being so stubborn about this? I understand Okafor was much cheaper, but theres a reason why. It's because he offers little to nothing as a pass rusher.

I'm super glad we have a another player who can set the edge, but Houston could be a dangerous situational pass rusher. Get his ass signed and in camp.

1 minute ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

Why the fuck are the Chiefs being so stubborn about this. I understand Okafor was much cheaper, but theres a reason why. It's because he offers little to nothing as a pass rusher. I'm super glad we have a another player who can set the edge, but Houston could be a dangerous situational pass rusher. Get his ass in camp.

Even if guys like Taco end up being solid at DE Houston would be a decent backup which we'll need throughout the season. Right now our top 2 options are a guy who'll probably avoid jail but get suspended for quite a bit and a DT that'll line up outside. The rest are all unknowns and we have some cap space to play with as well. 

49 minutes ago, Balto said:

Gotta be money correct?

Probably not correct.  More likely someone needs to apologize, back down, and swallow their pride.  If it works out, then maybe the Chiefs could be a better defense.  Not holding my breath. 

11 minutes ago, jetlord said:

Probably not correct.  More likely someone needs to apologize, back down, and swallow their pride.  If it works out, then maybe the Chiefs could be a better defense.  Not holding my breath. 

Obviously just speculation but wearing the helmet kind of says that he's just up for coming to KC as long as the staff wants him here. Don't know if it was an issue triggered by Houston in which case the staff could be waiting for an apology but otherwise I don't think there seems to be an issues on Houston's side. 

30 minutes ago, sith13 said:

Even if guys like Taco end up being solid at DE Houston would be a decent backup which we'll need throughout the season. Right now our top 2 options are a guy who'll probably avoid jail but get suspended for quite a bit and a DT that'll line up outside. The rest are all unknowns and we have some cap space to play with as well. 

Completely agree. Houston would be a perfect rotational guy for any down and I don't get all the love regarding putting Jones in at DE. He's a top 3 DT, why mess with a good thing. Houston, Jones, Reed, and Clark coming at you on 3rd down...somebody I'd getting to the QB. Or Sneed knocking out the QB on a blitz. No need to over think this, get it done.

2 minutes ago, Biggjliv4 said:

Completely agree. Houston would be a perfect rotational guy for any down and I don't get all the love regarding putting Jones in at DE. He's a top 3 DT, why mess with a good thing. Houston, Jones, Reed, and Clark coming at you on 3rd down...somebody I'd getting to the QB. Or Sneed knocking out the QB on a blitz. No need to over think this, get it done.

Well because Jones wants the opportunity & it gives KC more options, less predictable & there is no downside.

2 minutes ago, AFCWEST said:

Well because Jones wants the opportunity & it gives KC more options, less predictable & there is no downside.

There's no harm in rotating Jones at DE but I don't think it relates to Houston situation. We already have need at DE and Houston is a known commodity that's proven at pretty much all aspects of the position. 

3 minutes ago, sith13 said:

There's no harm in rotating Jones at DE but I don't think it relates to Houston situation. We already have need at DE and Houston is a known commodity that's proven at pretty much all aspects of the position. 

Yes and I dont think the Jones issue has anything to do with signing Houston. There is never enough quality depth on an NFL roster and Houston could be an asset even if Jones were full time DE. Maybe Spags simply does not want him?

34 minutes ago, jetlord said:

as time goes on I have to  slowly lean to concurring with Jet  in all this  other than just not wanting to do the training camp thing which many  older Vets would prefer not to do. I have to think maybe  there has been a burnt bridge but then  was Veach  or Spags any part of the process back then? So it has to be Andy or Clark who pissed him off? Maybe Houston just dont like BBQ

Getting Houston back on the roster would be nice on a number of levels. Not the least of which he could get a ring out of it. Would loved to have had Chiefs like Tony G. , DJ, Tamba get that opportunity. 

Houston has proven he still has gas in the tank. Sign him!

1 hour ago, xen said:

Screenshot_20210730-122232_Chrome.jpg

have to wonder ..was he just training with a helmet and his old one was al he had? or is there a cryptic message in that pic? Could it be maybe the Chiefs just dont want him and the Bridge was burnt not from the Chiefs end but his? You certainly dont train like that with the thoughts of retiring. 

4 minutes ago, KC Warpaint said:

they get to keep their helmets?

maybe? I dunno  seen lots of players with  Helmets on their mantel . I figure they are custom made for each person so maybe the player buys them? Your guess is as good as mine but I'm not ready to believe that he has a new helmet and has yet to be signed.