It could be that Spags just doesn't see Houston as a fit....or it could be he doesn't want to take snaps away from developing young players....or the Chiefs may just want Houston as a 1 year rental but he wants a multi year deal....

Lots of possibilities. Anything is possible but if the Chiefs were interested don't you think he would be signed and in camp?

The more I look at this the more I’m both intrigued and perplexed. 
What does Houston want and how does wearing a Chiefs helmet on his workout video convey his wants? 
Well, it might be obvious that a 32 year old 3-4 defensive end that is still incredibly effective at his position wants to go to a contender. Not sure that has to be the Chiefs. But that’s a pretty definitive indication. 
There’s a lot of other things to consider. Does he want to finish his career as a Chief? Does he even fit in spags scheme? 
Money and a defensive scheme change probably led to his release. 
He is a borderline HOF type player. He could probably adjust. 
thoughts? 

Hard to say what the thought was. But with Clark and Okafor probably gone next year they may want to develop the younger guys.

I think Houston would have made sense instead of Okafor, but I don’t think signing both is a good move. I would rather have had Houston probably. 

1 hour ago, DieHard said:

Hard to say what the thought was. But with Clark and Okafor probably gone next year they may want to develop the younger guys.

I think Houston would have made sense instead of Okafor, but I don’t think signing both is a good move. I would rather have had Houston probably. 

Clark might not play this year.

21 hours ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

Why the fuck are the Chiefs being so stubborn about this? I understand Okafor was much cheaper, but theres a reason why. It's because he offers little to nothing as a pass rusher.

I'm super glad we have a another player who can set the edge, but Houston could be a dangerous situational pass rusher. Get his ass signed and in camp.

Yep and yep.

Ravens signed DE Justin Houston to a one-year, $4 million contract.

Houston turned down better offers to play for the Ravens. The 32-year-old took a step back in 2020 but remains an effective pass rusher, posting eight sacks on a 59% snap share. Houston gives Baltimore a veteran starter and should play in passing situations in a rotation with Pernell McPhee and Derek Wolfe. The blitz heavy Ravens are a strong fit for Houston, who fills the void left by Yannick Ngakoue and Matt Judon leaving this offseason. 

two things to note here:

One: On the open market, it appears that Houston was worth more than the $4 million the Ravens will pay him in 2021. So he was willing to take less than his market value to sign with the team he wanted.

Two: Despite clear fan sentiment to bring him back, that team wasn’t the Chiefs. So if Kansas City was among the teams talking to Houston about a one-year deal, it likely would have been for substantially more than $4 million — which the Chiefs have already demonstrated they aren’t willing to pay for a one-year rental of an over-30 defensive end.

In 2021, the Chiefs will face the Ravens in a Week 2 Sunday Night Football game in Baltimore.

On 7/31/2021 at 6:03 AM, Iluvhouse24 said:

This from the same source that told you we were signing Gurley and that Badger had been extended?

Never said a done deal signing, but it was rumored. Also I got the hb one misread. Maybe take the stick out of your ass Lukas and quit looking down through your nose. This is a discussion board and I brought what I saw to it.

Oh, so you know here is the link to your mistake saying it was a done deal on Gurley. Notice the question mark in the thread topic? Also never said it was a done deal. Funny, maybe you made a mistake? Gasp! And before you say take it easy or don't get your panties in a bunch I would suggest the same to you. Very funnytoo, we did go out and get another RB in Mckinnon.

On 7/31/2021 at 4:33 PM, dhitter said:

Ravens are a blitz happy team. Fortunately, Mahomes absolutely shreds blitzes. Bring it on Harbaugh!

We were Blitz Happy/Heavy because we really haven't had someone who can rush the passer since T-Sizzle circa 2018.

We have had modest success but have been run of the mill in Sacks. Now, Wink says Sacks aren't everything and that QB pressures are....

We got better as a Defense provided he stays healthy.

53 minutes ago, Handswarmer said:

We were Blitz Happy/Heavy because we really haven't had someone who can rush the passer since T-Sizzle circa 2018.

We have had modest success but have been run of the mill in Sacks. Now, Wink says Sacks aren't everything and that QB pressures are....

We got better as a Defense provided he stays healthy.

T-Sizzle?? WTF?