KC vs SF Your Take

3 hours ago, Lamardirts said:

I think he would.  Will Andy call plays to maximize this or continue to call long developing route patterns like he did last year?

Agree he needs to do that, but how do you get a zebra to change its stripes?  This is Reid's issue as well as PM's.  I just don't see it happening a whole lot.  I find it ironic that after all we have been through, we are yearning for more Alex Smith game manager  style. 

I think they will try but not be able to sustain it very long.  One big frown or grumble from Hill or Kelce, and that dog will be dead.

5 minutes ago, reesebobby said:

I did see the Super Bowl.  The O Line made it irrelevant.  With the line intact, Tyreek Hill made that defense look silly.

No doubt KC did not adjust. Going to a get it out fast would have made the game more competitive. Even Mahomes admits he left the pocket to soon to often. My point is to practice it more so when this situation occurs again is not suddenly foreign. I would not change the entire offense. I think Mahomes is weak , or maybe not disciplined, in this part of the game. 

5 minutes ago, Fmbl2187 said:

Agree he needs to do that, but how do you get a zebra to change its stripes?  This is Reid's issue as well as PM's.  I just don't see it happening a whole lot.  I find it ironic that after all we have been through, we are yearning for more Alex Smith game manager  style. 

I think they will try but not be able to sustain it very long.  One big frown or grumble from Hill or Kelce, and that dog will be dead.

No not that AS offense. Just the capabilty of using a Tom Brady Approach when needed.

1 hour ago, AFCWEST said:

Not like Smith but sometimes thats all the defense is giving you. SEE THE SUPERBOWL. 

The dink and dunk game of Smith and Brady are different. One played it safe and punting was not the end of the world and the other was safe till it was open and kill you and comfortable playing anyway. 

6 minutes ago, Troyofoc said:

The dink and dunk game of Smith and Brady are different. One played it safe and punting was not the end of the world and the other was safe till it was open and kill you and comfortable playing anyway. 

EXACTLY 

Um. I’ve been hearing this whole, “no one has ever won all preseason and regular season games ever that’s our goal” thing floating about a lot this offseason. Is it a crazed boast? An indication of absurd Hubris? 
I hear this, and I say, if any other pissed off running for his life in Super Bowl history quarterback is going to make this his mission then it’s Mahomes. Only Mahomes would aspire to that and possibly pull it off. Chiefs will beat the 49ers. Yep oh yeah. 

1 hour ago, gochiefsgo said:

Um. I’ve been hearing this whole, “no one has ever won all preseason and regular season games ever that’s our goal” thing floating about a lot this offseason. Is it a crazed boast? An indication of absurd Hubris? 
I hear this, and I say, if any other pissed off running for his life in Super Bowl history quarterback is going to make this his mission then it’s Mahomes. Only Mahomes would aspire to that and possibly pull it off. Chiefs will beat the 49ers. Yep oh yeah. 

C'mon.  Pre-season is to see who is going to make your roster and who is going to start or back up, and to get a  real game feeling.  If there is a coach playing to win in the pre-season, he is the coach of a bottom dwelling football team.

7 hours ago, Fmbl2187 said:

C'mon.  Pre-season is to see who is going to make your roster and who is going to start or back up, and to get a  real game feeling.  If there is a coach playing to win in the pre-season, he is the coach of a bottom dwelling football team.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/fansided.com/2021/06/11/kansas-city-chiefs-undefeated-season/amp/

Hey, Mahomes said it not me. I’m just glad football is on tonight! 

1 hour ago, gochiefsgo said:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/fansided.com/2021/06/11/kansas-city-chiefs-undefeated-season/amp/

Actually, now that I think about it, he must have been saying undefeated in regular season and playoffs all the way through and win the SB and he’s not talking about the preseason as well. 
Best case scenario in the preseason is that no one gets hurt. 
Rookies get significant playing time. 
etc.. 

15 hours ago, AFCWEST said:

EXACTLY 

Yeah, I agree with you and Troyofoc that we need that as one more functional part of the offense.  It must be really hard to have the pieces in place to be able to do that.  Having a great QB like Brady or Mahomes makes it possible.  At this stage of Mahomes' career, he seems to be just too driven to the spectacular play to discipline himself that much. I hope I'm wrong.  With Reid, we will remain a pass first offense. 60-40 will be the approximate numbers by the end of the season.

3 hours ago, gochiefsgo said:

Me, too.  If you think about it, Mahomes is a guy who would say that before every season.  He knows that is the mindset needed to be a leader of his players. 

Reid, though, is in a different kind of leadership position.  He needs the whole psychology of the team to remain balanced and determined throughout a long season, win or lose, health or injuries.

18 hours ago, reesebobby said:

Serious question:

Mahomes has been a starter for 3 years.  In those 3 years, he is 1 OT loss from 3 Super Bowls.  He averages over 12 wins a year, 4600 yards, 38 TDs, and 7 TDs a year.  We have probably the best offense in the league and one of the best in the history of the league.  We have led the league twice in yards, once in scoring, and have never been worse than 6th in either scoring or yards.   Why in the actual fuck do we want him to start dinking and dunking?

So, it’s really not a serious question. 😆

12 hours ago, Fmbl2187 said:

like Hank Stram?

Three rookies to watch.
1) Noah Grey TE Duke 

2) Nick Bolton LB Missouri 

3) Devon Key Db western Kentucky 

Pick 6 or huge tackle tonight for #24

4) These guys are going to make the final 53 and kick ass. 

gcg