KC Roster Moves & Your Take

Tight end Evan Baylis and wide receiver Antonio Callaway have been waived with injury designations. This means that if another team doesn't claim them before 3 p.m. Arrowhead Time on Wednesday, they will revert to the team’s Reserve/Injured list. Both players have missed a string of practices with injuries; Baylis has an ankle injury, while Callaway has a bone bruise.

14 minutes ago, AFCWEST said:

KC has a log jam at OL. Giants are one of several teams in serious need. Hoping KC can pick up a couple of draft picks for next season. LDT &  Wylie ?

I don’t think they part with either.  If Smith gets hurt who is playing RG? I think Allegretti is an option

2 minutes ago, Lamardirts said:

Long is injured and Remmers aid battling back issues and Durant has been used exclusively at tackle IIRC.   

Current usage no big deal. Lots of options for back up guards. Oline is versatile. At some point a couple of decent guys will get cut unless there are injuries. 

Just now, AFCWEST said:

Current usage no big deal. Lots of options for back up guards. Oline is versatile.

Just now, Lamardirts said:

Also, LDT had a no trade clause.

He may accept a trade vs a bench seat. He is a free agent next season so he needs to show something.

Just now, AFCWEST said:

So then who do you cut?

I’m not saying they wouldn’t trade guys but I think their purpose was build a line with quality depth and I just don’t think they are going to put guys behind this rookie right side that are inexperienced, changing a position or are rookies as well.   

I think they keep 10. 

Brown, Thuney, Creed, Smith, Naing

Remmers,Wylie, Blythe, LDT, Long. While Long is on the PUP you keep Durant.

I think Allegretti is the odd guy out or the trade candidate.   

2 minutes ago, Lamardirts said:

I’m not saying they wouldn’t trade guys but I think their purpose was build a line with quality depth and I just don’t think they are going to put guys behind this rookie right side that are inexperienced, changing a position or are rookies as well.   

I think they keep 10. 

Brown, Thuney, Creed, Smith, Naing

Remmers,Wylie, Blythe, LDT, Long. While Long is on the PUP you keep Durant.

I think Allegretti is the odd guy out or the trade candidate.   

I like Allegretti and he plays center. It will be interesting. Who knows maybe a 4th or 5th for a guy like LDT? 

With all that said,  I am with you that trading these guys for picks is what I hope they do.   Veach seems to do great at the back of the draft and extra ammo to move up and around for two guys that I personally think have hit their ceiling would be awesome!   I doubt the Chiefs feel the same way but getting something for guys who aren’t the future would be great.   

2 hours ago, Lamardirts said:

Long is injured and Remmers aid battling back issues and Durant has been used exclusively at tackle IIRC.   

Long will be back by the start of the season

Remmers is a big question Mark

and not true about Durant. He has focused more on guard but has RT capabilities. Played guard Saturday when first in. Then RT with the 3’s. 

if you look real hard you will see 79 playing RG against the Chargers in week 17 last year. 

53 minutes ago, jetlord said:

Isn't that what Blythe is for?  Allegretti play OG last year and while not even average, he is an option as a backup all along the interior but not really needed. 

I’d rather keep Allegretti over Blythe. Allegretti fits what we are transitioning to along the offensive line better. Bigger more physical lineman

2 hours ago, Lamardirts said:

I agree there are options but after last year I think they would rather have two guys with experience on our Oline than some 6th or 7th round pick.    

My thoughts exactly. Every year we get hit with multiple starters going down on the Oline. Keep the best and dump the rest. If someone wants a guy we are cutting then fine, let's trade.  But I would keep the guys I had the most confidence in.