KC Roster Moves & Your Take

1 hour ago, jetlord said:

Isn't that what Blythe is for?  Allegretti play OG last year and while not even average, he is an option as a backup all along the interior but not really needed. 

Nick Allegretti continues to get second-team center reps here and there. Austin Blythe at RG. I wonder if they’re going to keep one or the other there.

1 hour ago, DieHard said:

My thoughts exactly. Every year we get hit with multiple starters going down on the Oline. Keep the best and dump the rest. If someone wants a guy we are cutting then fine, let's trade.  But I would keep the guys I had the most confidence in.

So who do you think is kept? 

5 hours ago, AFCWEST said:
Nick Allegretti continues to get second-team center reps here and there. Austin Blythe at RG. I wonder if they’re going to keep one or the other there.

If one is cut or traded it will be Allegretti.

Blythe has played center for many years and is proven there. He is playing reps I believe at G as a back up. They are probably trying it with Allegretti st center too, but Blythewood is more proven.

Allegretti could not even beat out or get 2nd string with the centers we have had since he was here. He does though have more tradeable aspects as he us younger.

2 minutes ago, kkuenn said:

If one is cut or traded it will be Allegretti.

Blythe has played center for many years and is proven there. He is playing reps I believe at G as a back up. They are probably trying it with Allegretti st center too, but Blythewood is more proven.

Allegretti could not even beat out or get 2nd string with the centers we have had since he was here. He does though have more tradeable aspects as he us younger.

Although Allegretti fits more of what we are becoming on the offensive line. 
also is cheaper. 
and just because you played before doesn’t mean you should get any advantage. 
both Reiter and Wylie have played. Should we resign Reiter to play over Humphreys? Should Wylie replace Smith or Niang?

3 minutes ago, Palangi said:

Although Allegretti fits more of what we are becoming on the offensive line. 
also is cheaper. 
and just because you played before doesn’t mean you should get any advantage. 
both Reiter and Wylie have played. Should we resign Reiter to play over Humphreys? Should Wylie replace Smith or Niang?

Allegretti has played before. What has he shown to say he can do center now? I told you before I would eat Crow if he was our starting center this year. Did he play center in the pre season game at all? Think he was at guard. He is behind a rookie and I bet Blythe too when all said and done.

3 minutes ago, kkuenn said:

Allegretti has played before. What has he shown to say he can do center now? I told you before I would eat Crow if he was our starting center this year. Did he play center in the pre season game at all? Think he was at guard. He is behind a rookie and I bet Blythe too when all said and done.

Well Blythe was let go for a 4th round pick and UDRFA. That’s how much the Rams thought of him. Your clamoring For Reiter type. Why? Blythe doesn’t fit the scheme. Bad fit

4 hours ago, Palangi said:

Well Blythe was let go for a 4th round pick and UDRFA. That’s how much the Rams thought of him. Your clamoring For Reiter type. Why? Blythe doesn’t fit the scheme. Bad fit

And yet we signed him with Allegretti already here.

The defensive line-offensive line drills continue to be highly entertaining, with the feature matchup being Chris Jones and Trey Smith. Both took turns winning reps on Tuesday, with Jones tossing Smith on one turn — only for Jones to end up on his back on the next rep. Jones and Smith appear to be two of the best in their respective positions in the NFL; it is still amazing Smith fell to the sixth round. Other standouts in this look were Nick Allegretti, Joshua Kaindoh, Niang and Saunders.

huh? No Blythe mention…

1 hour ago, kkuenn said:

Maybe, not like Allegretti is rising to the top and getting reps. I think he will be the one we could trade as I said above.

not like at all. Haha

I think they are giving Allegretti reps at center to see if he is capable of being the backup center.  I think he does fit our team better but Blythe is a prove center in the league.   If Allegretti can prove himself there I think Blythe is the man out, but if he can’t he isn’t making this team as just a backup LG IMO.   

6 hours ago, Lamardirts said:

I think they are giving Allegretti reps at center to see if he is capable of being the backup center.  I think he does fit our team better but Blythe is a prove center in the league.   If Allegretti can prove himself there I think Blythe is the man out, but if he can’t he isn’t making this team as just a backup LG IMO.   

I agree with that. We have plenty of options at guard. Nick needs to separate himself with center skills. 

1 hour ago, KC Warpaint said:

can't be any worse than Gordon or Buchele fighting for the Practice Squad spot

Yes Rosen is worse.  I don’t think he’s good and he’s broken goods now.   The tools might be there but the being shipped all over has probably broken him mentally. Pass.

All the snap count analysis in preseason games has less to do with where players rank on the depth charts and more to do with getting looks at bubble players plus giving experience to younger players.  Maybe there's a little showcasing of a few players to create trade candidates.   I can't get all hung up on the number of snaps for Kaindoh, Fortson, Fountain, etc. at this point.  

3 hours ago, Palangi said:

I agree with that. We have plenty of options at guard. Nick needs to separate himself with center skills. 

But the thing is, he did not play in the pre season game at center at all. In fact it was Blythe then another guy getting the reps. You would think he would have had some reps.