Who will you be watching tonight?

My list includes DE Ward, Fenton, Fountain, and Chubb.  Of course, the O-line, Thornhill, Baker, and Gay/Bolton are also worth checking out, but they'll make the team no matter what.  I'm rooting for Fenton and hope he wins over Bell if the Chiefs only keep three TEs.  Ward looked good but it would be useful to see him against at least #2s.  Fountain is probably playing for a PS spot, but he looked good last week.  Know nothing about Cobb but he was a tiger against SFO.  

1 hour ago, jetlord said:

My list includes DE Ward, Fenton, Fountain, and Chubb.  Of course, the O-line, Thornhill, Baker, and Gay/Bolton are also worth checking out, but they'll make the team no matter what.  I'm rooting for Fenton and hope he wins over Bell if the Chiefs only keep three TEs.  Ward looked good but it would be useful to see him against at least #2s.  Fountain is probably playing for a PS spot, but he looked good last week.  Know nothing about Cobb but he was a tiger against SFO.  

Good list.  Really want to see the Oline keep getting better together. So far they look good. Hoping Kemp shows some of that Training Camp magic. And Hardman.

22 minutes ago, DieHard said:

Good list.  Really want to see the Oline keep getting better together. So far they look good. Hoping Kemp shows some of that Training Camp magic. And Hardman.

I think Bell is critical to open up the run & screen game. KC missed him last year.

On 8/20/2021 at 6:01 PM, AFCWEST said:

Last season nobody filled the role effectively. Bell is needed.

Dunno.  Andy doesn't use a lot of inline blocking with TEs even when he had Bell.  He mostly has them blocking in space, including in the screen game, and both Fortson and Grey have shown they can do this, plus have much higher upside as receivers.  You could likely carry Bell on the expanded PS this year and not risk losing one of the youngsters.  

4 minutes ago, xen said:

Dunno.  Andy doesn't use a lot of inline blocking with TEs even when he had Bell.  He mostly has them blocking in space, including in the screen game, and both Fortson and Grey have shown they can do this, plus have much higher upside as receivers.  You could likely carry Bell on the expanded PS this year and not risk losing one of the youngsters.  

Will be interesting to see what they do. I like the full back too. Nice problems to have.

Thornhill beasted last night. Good to see that athleticism on display. The pick was filthy. Oline looked solid. Run game was consistently good. Only negatives I saw that stood out was Mahomes seemed off his game and of course Key giving up a TD two weeks in a row. 

38 minutes ago, dhitter said:

Thornhill beasted last night. Good to see that athleticism on display. The pick was filthy. Oline looked solid. Run game was consistently good. Only negatives I saw that stood out was Mahomes seemed off his game and of course Key giving up a TD two weeks in a row. 

Key is gone.

4 hours ago, Calichief said:

For me it’s simple- what exactly does bell do, or could do that’s special ?

fortson can be special 

grey is special 

He's a much better inline blocker than any of our tight ends.  Andy likes having that on the roster.  While he doesn't use it that much, he also doesn't use a fullback much but yet here we are with another fullback.

No idea what he'll do.

1 hour ago, xen said:

He's a much better inline blocker than any of our tight ends.  Andy likes having that on the roster.  While he doesn't use it that much, he also doesn't use a fullback much but yet here we are with another fullback.

No idea what he'll do.

Having Bell as an a rare in line blocker isn't worth losing Fortson.  But like DRob and Sorenson, Andy seems to go that way.