chiefs vs cardinals preaseason week 2

2 hours ago, kkuenn said:

Fountain is looking good

Waaay good...at least against their threes. At the very least he has sure hands and makes quick decisions.  Speaking of quick decisions, DRob is the opposite. He's afraid to run at anyone.  "Paralysis juking" is what I call it.  He's toast.  That should be a quick decision by the staff.  I've seen enough of him.

Was at the game tonight…..front row about 15ft from the bench.  Never been that close and while it really wasn’t the best spot to watch the game it was GREAT to see the players and how they interact.

Some observations:

1). The OL is 100% set unless injury happens.  It’s Brown, Thuney, Humphrey, Smith and Niang.  ZERO question about this and being so close and watching the players interact it’s clear who the starters are.  Smith and Niang seemed like best friends while Reemers did seem to interact with everyone but on a more “vet player coach” type of level..…..funny side not is Wylie doesn’t seem to be very popular haha /shrug and Brown is such a big man…wow!

2). Beuchelle was the only player that before, during after a series and end of game that went to EVERY player and gave a fist bump type of “good job/let’s do this”.  At first it seemed kinda annoying but honestly….players looked to respond to it very well.

3). Watts and Fountain LIVED on the bike tonight!  Cramping or something maybe?

4). Mahomes looked very “practice” like on the sidelines.  Not that he wasn’t into the game but seemed very bored and maybe to much vanilla offense was called.  Example of being bored or maybe trying to excite was the no look pass to Hardman that should of been a TD if he would of actually looked at him lol.  Again, Pat was bored and I think he looked like he was tired of practice/preseason and wants the training wheels taken off to let him fly!  Shouldn’t be worried he was just bored.

I’m sure I’m missing somethings but very fun game to watch over all.

59 minutes ago, Calichief said:

The trenches are going to be incredible. 

Exactly.  While all the attention has been on the O-line, the D line is way better.  Adding Reed is huge.  Saunders seems to have stepped up.  Wharton has all the tools but has added technique since last season.  The DEs, with Jones moving out, won't be any worse and could be better.  This could be an above average defense and if Thornhill and Hughes keep balling, they could be top ten.  Add that to the league's best offense and.................

9 hours ago, Balto said:

Was at the game tonight…..front row about 15ft from the bench.  Never been that close and while it really wasn’t the best spot to watch the game it was GREAT to see the players and how they interact.

Some observations:

1). The OL is 100% set unless injury happens.  It’s Brown, Thuney, Humphrey, Smith and Niang.  ZERO question about this and being so close and watching the players interact it’s clear who the starters are.  Smith and Niang seemed like best friends while Reemers did seem to interact with everyone but on a more “vet player coach” type of level..…..funny side not is Wylie doesn’t seem to be very popular haha /shrug and Brown is such a big man…wow!

2). Beuchelle was the only player that before, during after a series and end of game that went to EVERY player and gave a fist bump type of “good job/let’s do this”.  At first it seemed kinda annoying but honestly….players looked to respond to it very well.

3). Watts and Fountain LIVED on the bike tonight!  Cramping or something maybe?

4). Mahomes looked very “practice” like on the sidelines.  Not that he wasn’t into the game but seemed very bored and maybe to much vanilla offense was called.  Example of being bored or maybe trying to excite was the no look pass to Hardman that should of been a TD if he would of actually looked at him lol.  Again, Pat was bored and I think he looked like he was tired of practice/preseason and wants the training wheels taken off to let him fly!  Shouldn’t be worried he was just bored.

I’m sure I’m missing somethings but very fun game to watch over all.

It's easy to speculate, so I should just shut up, but have trouble with not speculating.  Mahomes was not as accurate at the end of last season, either. And that not pre-season. In the last few games last year, he looked like he was overthrowing guys.  Maybe it was to avoid interceptions.  He sure would rather avoid an interception with a throw no one can get.  Even with that, Henne seemed to make better throws many times last year when he was needed.  No one likes to say it, but Mahomes has yet to perfect the amount of speed and loft on balls depending on the receiver, route, and coverage.  He needs to do that a little better.  I wonder if all the endorsements and sneakers and foot races and purchasing part of the Royals and become his own franchise might not be interfering in his actual quarterbacking a bit.  It seems that a guy like him would have learned to use the pocket a little better by now.  He won't forever have a Kelce  to outmuscle a defender or a HIll to outrun his overthrows.  He also can't be taking risks with injury.  Twice last night he took scary hits while running and never slid.  He could destroy our season by trying that shit.

5 minutes ago, Fmbl2187 said:

I  I wonder if all the endorsements and sneakers and foot races and purchasing part of the Royals and become his own franchise might not be interfering in his actual quarterbacking a bit.  

I mentioned the same thing last night to POOT but added getting married and now a kid..she told me not to blame the new wife or kid lol

17 minutes ago, Fmbl2187 said:

It's easy to speculate, so I should just shut up, but have trouble with not speculating.  Mahomes was not as accurate at the end of last season, either. And that not pre-season. In the last few games last year, he looked like he was overthrowing guys.  Maybe it was to avoid interceptions.  He sure would rather avoid an interception with a throw no one can get.  Even with that, Henne seemed to make better throws many times last year when he was needed.  No one likes to say it, but Mahomes has yet to perfect the amount of speed and loft on balls depending on the receiver, route, and coverage.  He needs to do that a little better.  I wonder if all the endorsements and sneakers and foot races and purchasing part of the Royals and become his own franchise might not be interfering in his actual quarterbacking a bit.  It seems that a guy like him would have learned to use the pocket a little better by now.  He won't forever have a Kelce  to outmuscle a defender or a HIll to outrun his overthrows.  He also can't be taking risks with injury.  Twice last night he took scary hits while running and never slid.  He could destroy our season by trying that shit.

I agree 100%. Its as if the famous WASP PLAY  has gotten inti his head.

8 minutes ago, AFCWEST said:

I agree 100%. Its as if the famous WASP PLAY  has gotten inti his head.

I think he will have some life and game growing pains. 25 years old and worth 1/2 a billion dollars. Everything has been easy for for him in the scheme of things. 2 super bowl and barely missed a third.  May need a rough patch to level set, but he's got a great support system to mature through it.

But he'll rock it and I have zero worries about him. Playing behind a shit line will leave you jittery for a bit I imagine. 

59 minutes ago, jetlord said:

Mahomes was hurting last year with a turf toe at the end of the season.  Not making excuses for him, but that could be a factor.  Getting his bell rung in the Brown's game didn't help either. 

True. I be singing Paens to him again...I hope.

32 minutes ago, azchief21 said:

Our CBs are a strength on this team. Sneed hits, covers, blitzes. I would take Pringle, Fountain and Kemp over Stutter-Step D-Rob. Liked what I saw with O-line. McKinnon will be a big part if he stays healthy

Maybe Hughes can beat out Ward for a starting role.  We can hope. 

19 hours ago, Calichief said:

Patrick mahomes isn’t throwing that pick in the regular season.

teams are going to play two deep. No more deep balls. 

trust the run, to open up the deep shit. Pretty simple this year.

teams are gonna guy try what Tampa did until we beat it

browns, ravens, sd, Philly right off the bat with great defense 

MaPat needs to learn to step up in the pocket. Easy fix as he'll begin yo trust his line. The Brady works the pocket best. Mahomes can work on this.

5 hours ago, jetlord said:

Maybe Hughes can beat out Ward for a starting role.  We can hope. 

I like Hughes' height on contested catches, but everyone here seems to have less respect for Ward than I do.  It always seems to me like he is sticking like glue to his receiver. Almost too close, and receivers can trick him into PI penalties at times.  I think Ward is very good, though, and prevents QB's from throwing his way. It is hard to see and measure what doesn't happen. His biggest strength is discouraging QB's from throwing his way.  My biggest beef with CW is that it seems like he never turns his head to track the ball.  He seems to rely entirely on what the receiver in front of him is doing.  But I'll take him. He is an asset overall. I agree with you that the CB crew is a strength on this team, not a weakness as many have claimed for several years.  Spags has these guys trained up really well, also.

I really like this group of cornerbacks. Spags seems to get more out of secondary players than anyone else. They’re better here than where they were before and after they leave they’re not as good. Breeland may prove that theory wrong but I doubt it. 

14 hours ago, DefensiveMan said:

MaPat needs to learn to step up in the pocket. Easy fix as he'll begin yo trust his line. The Brady works the pocket best. Mahomes can work on this.

Yes. I would like to see the two step two second pass game executed. Im not sure Mahomes is very good at the short quick passing game?