Expectations

7 hours ago, azchief21 said:

Anything less than a Super Bowl win will be a huge disappointment 

Fans from five or six other teams are saying the same thing.  There's too many variables such as injuries, bad bounces, bad calls, and off days.  Winning the SB is the goal and the Chiefs have as good chance, maybe better than anyone.  Still their odds are listed at 19%.  Disappointed if/when they lose?  Yes.  Huge disappointment if they don't win it all, not me.  It's a long season.  Enjoy the ride. 

11 minutes ago, jetlord said:

Fans from five or six other teams are saying the same thing.  There's too many variables such as injuries, bad bounces, bad calls, and off days.  Winning the SB is the goal and the Chiefs have as good chance, maybe better than anyone.  Still their odds are listed at 19%.  Disappointed if/when they lose?  Yes.  Huge disappointment if they don't win it all, not me.  It's a long season.  Enjoy the ride. 

I'll enjoy every game, every quarter, every minute and then be hugely disappointed if they don't win the SB

11 hours ago, jetlord said:

Exactly. Its entertainment. Its fun getting together with other NFL fans. Its one and done in the playoffs and anything can happen. Need health and some good luck. Talent is not enough. 

It does feel like we are in our "window".  Also feels like we will have more than 1 window in Patrick's career.  Or a big long window.  

That said, even making 3 super bowls in a row is rarified air.  Only 3 teams have ever done that and 2 of those 3 are probably considered the biggest dynasties in NFL history.  I will be disappointed if we don't win the Super Bowl.  And that's a pretty amazing shift in expectations over 5 years.  

5 hours ago, reesebobby said:

It does feel like we are in our "window".  Also feels like we will have more than 1 window in Patrick's career.  Or a big long window.  

That said, even making 3 super bowls in a row is rarified air.  Only 3 teams have ever done that and 2 of those 3 are probably considered the biggest dynasties in NFL history.  I will be disappointed if we don't win the Super Bowl.  And that's a pretty amazing shift in expectations over 5 years.  

French Doors maybe?

58 minutes ago, Wolfscall said:

I don't really care about going undefeated. Getting back to the Super Bowl and wiping that stupid grin off of Brady's face is all that matters to me.

Honestly I'd rather not make it  than lose to Brady in the bowl again. We got are ass handed to us but Brady being on the otherside and winning the mvp. Made me sick.

2 hours ago, Troyofoc said:

Honestly I'd rather not make it  than lose to Brady in the bowl again. We got are ass handed to us but Brady being on the otherside and winning the mvp. Made me sick.

Brady didn’t hand us our ass. The TB Dline did that via the practice squad Oline. 
I want Brady in the SB. Bad. 

34 minutes ago, Burpo The Mad Clown said:

Brady didn’t hand us our ass. The TB Dline did that via the practice squad Oline. 
I want Brady in the SB. Bad. 

Definitely didn't mean Brady handed it. Anyone who watched knows it was the bucs D. And ofcourse I would want nothing more than to beat the bucs in the bowl this year. Was meaning losing the bowl was worse because he was the qb. All the sunshine being blown up his ass after was tuff to stomach.

12 minutes ago, Troyofoc said:

Definitely didn't mean Brady handed it. Anyone who watched knows it was the bucs D. And ofcourse I would want nothing more than to beat the bucs in the bowl this year. Was meaning losing the bowl was worse because he was the qb. All the sunshine being blown up his ass after was tuff to stomach.

Yeah, I can’t disagree with that. Nauseating.