https://www.google.com/amp/s/syndication.bleacherreport.com/amp/2947505-1-trade-each-nfl-team-should-propose-before-the-2021-season.amp.html

was reading this article about 1 trade for every team before the season. Interesting takes on teams that might go after some of our players. LDT, Fenton, and Ward get mentioned. 

here is a trade thought to New England. 

Robinson and LDT

for

N’keal Harry and  a 6th round pick

4 hours ago, Palangi said:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/syndication.bleacherreport.com/amp/2947505-1-trade-each-nfl-team-should-propose-before-the-2021-season.amp.html

was reading this article about 1 trade for every team before the season. Interesting takes on teams that might go after some of our players. LDT, Fenton, and Ward get mentioned. 

here is a trade thought to New England. 

Robinson and LDT

for

N’keal Harry and  a 6th round pick

I’d do that in a New York minute

Not sure what value Robinson has in a trade but if they are up for it I wouldn't even think twice. I don't know about LDT's plans, he may be contemplating retirement after his current contract but regardless they would be getting rid of a guaranteed rookie contract in favor of two serviceable options. 

10 minutes ago, DieHard said:

My thought is that a 6th round pick isn’t much better than an UDFA. When the playoffs come around and we have injuries, I would rather have Fenton and LDT than a 6th in my back pocket.  Trading depth can come back to haunt you. 

Are you sure about that?   😉

6_226_Chiefs_hero.png

1 hour ago, DieHard said:

My thought is that a 6th round pick isn’t much better than an UDFA. When the playoffs come around and we have injuries, I would rather have Fenton and LDT than a 6th in my back pocket.  Trading depth can come back to haunt you. 

The thing is we have the depth to make the trade. 
Allegretti, Durant, Long, Remmers are all capable of playing guard. And at the same level that I believe LDT would give us. 

i didn’t put Fenton on the trade. It was Robinson and he is replaceable. 

i believe the Patriots would do it as they are frustrated with Harry. And a change of scenery might do him good. 

Adding a 6th and a first round talent at wr would be a nice haul for two depth pieces we really don't need.    Veach seems to do well finding gems in the middle and late rounds.  That 6th could help us move up in the 4th or 5th if Veach was so inclined and Harry could benefit from an organization that isn't run like a military platoon.   

A Day 2 pick to the Kansas City Chiefs for G Laurent Duvernay-Tardif

The Cincinnati Bengals have bolstered an offensive line that nearly got 2020 No. 1 overall pick Joe Burrow killed last season, but the interior remains a potential problem, and they could use a solid veteran to take some pressure off of underwhelming potential starting guards Michael Jordan, Xavier Su’a-Filo and Quinton Spain.

Duvernay-Tardif could be on the outs with the Chiefs, who signed veteran Joe Thuney and used a second-round draft pick on Creed Humphrey. He’s 30 but, like Solder, could be fresh after a year off.

At the very least, the highly-respected vet would likely be a reliable presence inside, and he brings plenty of experience and playoff pedigree to a rebuilding team.

For Burrow’s sake, that’d be worth a third-round pick if the Chiefs were willing to participa

2 hours ago, AFCWEST said:

A Day 2 pick to the Kansas City Chiefs for G Laurent Duvernay-Tardif

The Cincinnati Bengals have bolstered an offensive line that nearly got 2020 No. 1 overall pick Joe Burrow killed last season, but the interior remains a potential problem, and they could use a solid veteran to take some pressure off of underwhelming potential starting guards Michael Jordan, Xavier Su’a-Filo and Quinton Spain.

Duvernay-Tardif could be on the outs with the Chiefs, who signed veteran Joe Thuney and used a second-round draft pick on Creed Humphrey. He’s 30 but, like Solder, could be fresh after a year off.

At the very least, the highly-respected vet would likely be a reliable presence inside, and he brings plenty of experience and playoff pedigree to a rebuilding team.

For Burrow’s sake, that’d be worth a third-round pick if the Chiefs were willing to participa

Doesn't LDT have a no trade clause?  So why would he go from a SB contender to a bottom feeder?  Why would he give up the post season money and maybe a ring?  He's getting paid in KC whether he crack the lineup or not. 

7 minutes ago, jetlord said:

Doesn't LDT have a no trade clause?  So why would he go from a SB contender to a bottom feeder?  Why would he give up the post season money and maybe a ring?  He's getting paid in KC whether he crack the lineup or not. 

Maybe he does not want be a back up? Maybe he is playing for a new contract next year? Maybe the new team will give him an new deal? Maybe not?

Just now, AFCWEST said:

Maybe he does not want be a back up? Maybe he is playing for a new contract next year? Maybe the new team will give him an new deal? Maybe not?

Can't prove the opposite of any of that, but even the Bungles wouldn't give up a second day pick for a back up lineman who will likely retire soon. 

Just now, jetlord said:

Can't prove the opposite of any of that, but even the Bungles wouldn't give up a second day pick for a back up lineman who will likely retire soon. 

There is nothing indicating he is planning to retire. I would take a 5th. With Cinn its almost a late 4th. 

3 hours ago, arthur75 said:

I think the chiefs need to look at  the middle linebacker from the cowboys that is now 2nd string. Leighton Vander Esch I think would make a great addition plus I think he could use a change of scenery. He is only 25. Hitchens had gotten better but to me this would be an upgrade. 

he seems to be injury prone ..pass

There is nothing indicating he is planning to retire. I would take a 5th. With Cinn its almost a late 4th. 

The Chiefs should take anything, just to shed his salary.  That's assuming that Long is projected to be back soon.  Wylie, Durant, LDT......better to get a late pick than just release one of them. 

On 8/25/2021 at 9:28 AM, Palangi said:

The thing is we have the depth to make the trade. 
Allegretti, Durant, Long, Remmers are all capable of playing guard. And at the same level that I believe LDT would give us. 

i didn’t put Fenton on the trade. It was Robinson and he is replaceable. 

i believe the Patriots would do it as they are frustrated with Harry. And a change of scenery might do him good. 

Allegretti - I will give you.

Durant - not good enough to keep IMO

Long - Long injury history and been hurt since OTAs

Remmers - OT with a bad back and your backup RT. 

22 minutes ago, DieHard said:

Allegretti - I will give you.

Durant - not good enough to keep IMO

Long - Long injury history and been hurt since OTAs

Remmers - OT with a bad back and your backup RT. 

I think Durant has shown some good things as a swing guard back up

11 minutes ago, Palangi said:

I think Durant has shown some good things as a swing guard back up

I think he is behind Allegretti, Remmers, Blythe, LDT, Wylie, Wanogho and not all of those will likely make it. Even tougher when Long comes back. Even if we traded LDT, he would be a long shot I think.  It will be interesting to see if they keep 9 or 10 and which ones. This group looks so much better than last year.

NJ.com reports the Giants' offensive line has "had a rough camp overall." 

Per beat writer Zack Rosenblatt, "Thursday might’ve been one of their worst days." Rosenblatt believes the "time to sound the alarm for the Giants offensive line has already came and went." Rosenblatt singled out RT Matt Peart as someone who got absolutely dominated by the Patriots in joint practices. Neither Peart nor LT Andrew Thomas covered themselves in glory last season, and the G-Men did little to address what was one of the league's very worst lines. It is something to remember when drafting Saquon Barkley or superflexing Daniel Jones. 

NJ.com reports the Giants' offensive line has "had a rough camp overall." 

Per beat writer Zack Rosenblatt, "Thursday might’ve been one of their worst days." Rosenblatt believes the "time to sound the alarm for the Giants offensive line has already came and went." Rosenblatt singled out RT Matt Peart as someone who got absolutely dominated by the Patriots in joint practices. Neither Peart nor LT Andrew Thomas covered themselves in glory last season, and the G-Men did little to address what was one of the league's very worst lines. It is something to remember when drafting Saquon Barkley or superflexing Daniel Jones. 

So would a team like the NYG trade a late rounder for a Wylie or Allegretti, or would they wait for someone like them to be released.  Kind of like playing chicken, but they would be in position to claim someone early on with their record. 

3 minutes ago, jetlord said:

So would a team like the NYG trade a late rounder for a Wylie or Allegretti, or would they wait for someone like them to be released.  Kind of like playing chicken, but they would be in position to claim someone early on with their record. 

Good points.