Update on the Orlando Brown Trade- Increased value for Ravens

With the Trade of Rookie CB Shaun Wade to the Patriots, the Ravens pick up a 2022 7th rd pick and a 2023 5th Rd pick.

Wade was picked with the 4th Rd pick KC traded for OBJR. Wade dropped in the draft from a potential 1st rd pick to 4th rd after intitally opting out of the 2020 season, then re-joining the team after 5 games.

Updated Orlando Brown Jr. trade:

Ravens receive:

- Odafe Oweh
- Ben Cleveland
- 2022 4th-round pick
- 2022 5th-round pick
- 2022 7th-round pick
- 2023 5th-round pick

Chiefs Receive:

- Orlando Brown Jr.
- Nick Bolton
- 2022 6th-round pick

How is this increased value?   You drafted a guy at a position you have a log jam for two picks lower in the draft, the lower round you have to wait two years just to get him in Balt and then probably wait another year or two for him to develop.   I understand getting something for nothing but the value is decreasing.

5 hours ago, Lamardirts said:

How is this increased value?   You drafted a guy at a position you have a log jam for two picks lower in the draft, the lower round you have to wait two years just to get him in Balt and then probably wait another year or two for him to develop.   I understand getting something for nothing but the value is decreasing.

No, turned one of your picks into two from the Patriots

As long as Ravens do a good job of getting something out of picks in the future it may work out nicely for them. However giving up a 4th round player for a future 5th and a 7th isn't increasing value at all. Overall I think Ravens lost in terms of pick value. However if you believe you will get nothing out of a player even salvaging something down the line is a plus. 

8 hours ago, sith13 said:

As long as Ravens do a good job of getting something out of picks in the future it may work out nicely for them. However giving up a 4th round player for a future 5th and a 7th isn't increasing value at all. Overall I think Ravens lost in terms of pick value. However if you believe you will get nothing out of a player even salvaging something down the line is a plus. 

11 hours ago, Lamardirts said:

Dude a 5th rounder two years down the road and a 7th rounder next year for a 4th rounder from 2021 is laughable.   Spin it how you want but that is not even close to equal value. 

Okay, hear me out:

Traded a guy who wasn't go to resign with us and could have been had pn the FA market next year for 1st and a 4th

Traded the player the 4th round pick was used on, whop also wouldn't be on the roster this year, for a 5th and 7th

Trading away people who won't be on your roster for picks

If Veach did it, you would all be screaming

"Veach is fleecing __________ team for that"

"It's not fair what Veach is doing to the rest of the League"

Blah blah

58 minutes ago, Handswarmer said:

Okay, hear me out:

Traded a guy who wasn't go to resign with us and could have been had pn the FA market next year for 1st and a 4th

Traded the player the 4th round pick was used on, whop also wouldn't be on the roster this year, for a 5th and 7th

Trading away people who won't be on your roster for picks

If Veach did it, you would all be screaming

"Veach is fleecing __________ team for that"

"It's not fair what Veach is doing to the rest of the League"

Blah blah

You titled this post increased value. It was posted here to brag.  I know why Balt did what it did by getting something for a player they weren’t going to keep.  That was a good decision but Balt absolutely unequivocally did not increase value on the initial trade.  It’s possible they draft a stud in 2023 and that changes things but until then they lost value in this recent trade.  

And no we wouldn’t be singing Veach’s praises.   We would commend him on getting something for a player they would eventually cut and admitting they missed on a draft pick, but that’s it.  It wouldn’t be considered a plus or good thing by any means.

I think we can all agree that as long as Lamar is the quarterback, a couple of late round picks really don't matter.  Maybe you'll find some OL depth.  Or maybe get lucky and snag a starter that contributes.  But it looks like you are hitching your wagon to LJ and you'll go as far as that takes you.  

20 minutes ago, Lamardirts said:

You titled this post increased value. It was posted here to brag.  I know why Balt did what it did by getting something for a player they weren’t going to keep.  That was a good decision but Balt absolutely unequivocally did not increase value on the initial trade.  It’s possible they draft a stud in 2023 and that changes things but until then they lost value in this recent trade.  

And no we wouldn’t be singing Veach’s praises.   We would commend him on getting something for a player they would eventually cut and admitting they missed on a draft pick, but that’s it.  It wouldn’t be considered a plus or good thing by any means.

Im sure Hands will take this out for 10-15 years of drafts and trades. I did not like this trade day 1. Way too much to give up for one year and then a massive contract. Now Im rooting for Brown this year.  I think Veach did great with his two #2s and that 6th! Overall: Great draft for KC. Veach has executed his plan extremely well. Nothing else matters for KC. If it works out well for Balt that fine. Both teams can win.

Ill take another AFC championship and let Balt win the day on the trade. LOL

Chiefs are building to win another SB this year and keep The Franchise Healthy.....Brown fits both objectives.

Currently, the Chiefs  are the SB favorites.....as we all know - it will always come down to the health of the players.

That said, Veach is a proven genius and his 2021 draft is already being lauded as a steal.

w

24 minutes ago, KC Warpaint said:

Ozzie would have never drafted a player and then traded him before ever playing a down with the team, whoever did the draft evaluations for the ravens needs to get his ass kicked

I thought only the raiders did that.

23 hours ago, Handswarmer said:

With the Trade of Rookie CB Shaun Wade to the Patriots, the Ravens pick up a 2022 7th rd pick and a 2023 5th Rd pick.

Wade was picked with the 4th Rd pick KC traded for OBJR. Wade dropped in the draft from a potential 1st rd pick to 4th rd after intitally opting out of the 2020 season, then re-joining the team after 5 games.

Updated Orlando Brown Jr. trade:

Ravens receive:

- Odafe Oweh
- Ben Cleveland
- 2022 4th-round pick
- 2022 5th-round pick
- 2022 7th-round pick
- 2023 5th-round pick

Chiefs Receive:

- Orlando Brown Jr.
- Nick Bolton
- 2022 6th-round pick

Loop Waiting GIF

16 minutes ago, jetlord said:

If the Mods were doing their job correctly, they would move this to the Ravens room.  🙂

I guess he can't get why this Board isn't talking how great lamar is and how  the Ravens Gm is a wizard at the front office game. The Ravens board just gets it unlike here blah blah blah.