Just now, AFCWEST said:
Cmp Att Pct Yds TD Int Rtg Att Yds Avg TD
Texas Longhorns
2016 12 236 391 60.4 2,958 21 11 136.0 96 161 1.7 2
2017 9 137 213 64.3 1,405 7 4 126.8 62 99 1.6 2
2018 2 30 44 68.2 273 2 1 130.8 10 8 0.8 0

I dont think he clears waivers. KC can cut Henne and bring him back if Mahomes gets hurt. 

Im not trying to rip the kid. I just saw in the first half multiple times of checking down to the back WAAAAYYY too early in panic before there was pressure or the wrs could get downfield. Then he simply missed a toss to the rb from 2 feet away, and then the 2nd half was not good.

i just think it’s important to not get overly hyped and waste a roster spot on this. I actually think there are much better practice squad candidates as well but thats whatever

2 hours ago, AFCWEST said:

As a back up potentially playing with the #1s I think he can get it done as well as Henne and eventually better. Wont happen but he has tools.

He missed too many open guys and made some major mistakes that Henne wouldn't do.  Put him on the PC and let him learn. 

4 hours ago, jetlord said:

He missed too many open guys and made some major mistakes that Henne wouldn't do.  Put him on the PC and let him learn. 

I thought he looked good and was confident in his throws.   The int looked like a bad route.   Also you have to consider there is no way for the guy to build rapport with 15 different wr's.    Guy took us down mulitple times for TD drives and looked poised and relaxed doing it.   I wouldn't cry if they kept him over Henne but I understand the importance of a veteran backup qb.  Hope they can find an injury and shelf him this year to be our #2 next year. 

Per AA: I agree

That said, we should say a few things about Steve Buechele who has looked darn solid in relief of Henne in the preseason. He outlasted Anthony Gordon, the team’s QB4 who was cut earlier this preseason when initial roster cuts were due in previous weeks. He also looked like he was more pro-ready than other drafted quarterbacks this preseason with the way he handled himself in the pocket and progressed through his reads.

The Chiefs often don’t keep a QB3 around on the active roster, but Buechele should be an easy call on the practice squad and for more reason than just having an extra signal caller around. There’s some solid pro potential here, and it will be interesting to watch him develop over time if he sticks in the system.

8 minutes ago, jetlord said:

So is it worth a roster spot to lock him (#2 next year?) or can the Chiefs risk moving him to the PS this year?  Not sure how much longer Henne will be around and it would be a significant cap saving to replace Henne. 

Would be a gamble that I would make. Cut Henne. Good thing Im not the GM LOL

45 minutes ago, jetlord said:

No way Henne is cut this year.  He cemented his job in the CLE playoff game last year.  Not to say Buechele couldn't have won that game, but I'd hate to risk it. 

Had Henne not thrown a horrible int he wouldn’t have had to make that scramble. I’m thankful we had him last year but the truth is his Henne is most valuable as a veteran presence and another experienced voice in the film room.   I feel like the need for that is less and less important the more Mahomes develops.     I’m happy with Henne but I wouldn’t be upset to take a chance on Buechele.

I think Buechele sticks around at the PS but I don't really expect the Chiefs spending a roster spot to keep him around. Definitely had some nice throws but too raw to actually be a backup and as pointed out Henne's veteran presence is valuable.

On 8/30/2021 at 9:33 AM, sith13 said:

I think Buechele sticks around at the PS but I don't really expect the Chiefs spending a roster spot to keep him around. Definitely had some nice throws but too raw to actually be a backup and as pointed out Henne's veteran presence is valuable.

Yet in 2019 KC picked this guy up off the street and won games. Vet presence at this point is overrated. I think Mahomes has it.

Matt Moore

Matthew Erickson Moore

Position: QB Throws: Right

6-3219lb (190cm, 99kg)

51 minutes ago, AFCWEST said:

Yet in 2019 KC picked this guy up off the street and won games. Vet presence at this point is overrated. I think Mahomes has it.

Matt Moore

Matthew Erickson Moore

Position: QB Throws: Right

6-3219lb (190cm, 99kg)

Moore already had an established NFL career some of which as a starter. He wasn't simply a street FA that came in out of nowhere. I think we may have Henne's replacement in Buechele but I don't think that's in 2021. 

19 minutes ago, sith13 said:

Moore already had an established NFL career some of which as a starter. He wasn't simply a street FA that came in out of nowhere. I think we may have Henne's replacement in Buechele but I don't think that's in 2021. 

Yes I knew that. The point is Henne could be on the street and come in for a few games if Mahomes is hurt. His value as a veteran voice is ZERO. Why would a guy that is 38-9 listen to a career back up? Im hoping Beuchelle goes to the PS. Could have saved , I think, 4 million cutting Henne

55 minutes ago, jetlord said:

Little surprised about Kemp.  I thought the Chiefs would move Powell to the PS and keep Kemp.  So much for the "Toube decides the last few positions" theory.  

Kemp will get resigned or put on PS.  He's vested so no waivers for him.  He's a FA at this point.