Predicting Cuts & Keeps? Your Thoughts.

8 minutes ago, AFCWEST said:

I think Robinson will make the team. Forstom makes it. Fountain Makes it.

Surprise cuts Thompson, Powell & Watts gone.

Key is gone. 

Mahomes & Henne

CEH, Darrell, McKinnon, Burton (Gore and Thompson to PS if possible)

Hill, Hardman, Pringle, Robinson, Fountain, & Kemp.  (Powell gets cut and makes it the PS)

Kelce, Bell, Gray, Fortson

Brown, Thuney, Creed, Smith, Niang      Remmers, LDT, Allegretti, Wylie     Long on PUP, LDT makes 53 only to be put on IR.  Wanogho, Durant, or another teams cut will get called up to round out 53.

Jones, Clark, Danna, Kaindoh, Ward, Okafor

Nnadi, Reed, Saunders, Wharton

Hitchens, Gay, Bolton, Niemann, DOD

HB, Sorensen, Thornhill, Watts 

Ward, Sneed, Holmes, Fenton, Baker, Keyes/Bootle

Winchester

Butker

Townsend

I think Veach is searching the cut or exploring trades to upgrade S, DB, WR, DE and LB.

7 minutes ago, Lamardirts said:

Mahomes & Henne

Hill, Hardman, Pringle, Robinson, Fountain, & Kemp.  (Powell gets cut and makes it the PS)

Brown, Thuney, Creed, Smith, Niang      Remmers, LDT, Allegretti, Wylie     Long on PUP, LDT makes 53 only to be put on IR.  Wanogho, Durant, or another teams cut will get called up to round out 53.

Winchester

Butker

Townsend

I think Veach is searching the cut or exploring trades to upgrade S, DB, WR, DE and LB.

Good take. Blythe IR?

1 hour ago, Lamardirts said:

Mahomes & Henne

Winchester

Butker

Townsend

Good list except I'm not sure DOD makes it.  Harris and Cobb have about as much claim.

5 hours ago, jetlord said:

Good list except I'm not sure DOD makes it.  Harris and Cobb have about as much claim.

I think DOD is a Toub guy though....but i agree others have looked better.   Same could be said for Sorensen, Watts, and Niemann also.

2 minutes ago, gochiefsgo said:

I think Thompson is gone in favor of Gore. Maybe.  

i like thompson but for every good thing he does he then does two stupid things. he still as a futrure in the NFL but it isn't going to be in KC

Robinson played like a man fighting for his job last night, he looked good but will it be enough, can't see us keeping 4 TE's

AP:There was a strong sign that the Chiefs are comfortable keeping four tight ends on this roster. On Mahomes’ 5-yard touchdown pass to tight end Blake Bell, there were three other tight ends on the field — Kelce, Noah Gray and Jody Fortson. Chiefs head coach Andy Reid drawing up pass plays with four tight ends on the field at once (14 personnel) is an indication Fortson will be on this roster come Tuesday.

AP:If there were any lingering questions about right tackle, there shouldn’t be. Rookie Lucas Niang took all the first-team plays again, all but confirming a three-rookie offensive line. The second-team offensive lineup was worth noting, with Andrew Wylie sliding from right tackle to right guard as Mike Remmers went from left tackle to right tackle. The rest of the line went as follows — Prince Tega Wanogho at left tackle, Yasir Durant at left guard and Nick Allegretti at center.

AP: 

Like most other head coaches, Reid likes to have three quarterbacks available. But unlike other coaches, he doesn’t like to use three roster spots for them. Instead, recent seasons have seen him keep two quarterbacks on the active roster — these days, Mahomes and an experienced backup like Chad Henne — and have a developmental quarterback on the practice squad.

But that might be hard to manage when the Chiefs get to the final cutdown. In the team’s three preseason games — including over more than three quarters on Friday — undrafted free agent rookie Shane Buechele completed 37 of 53 passes for 422 yards, three touchdowns and two interceptions. That’s a passer rating of 96.6.

And Buechele has played like a complete professional, appearing calm and poised as he directed the Chiefs’ offense down the field. In a two-minute drill before halftime on Friday, he conducted a 12-play, 1:37 drive leading to a touchdown pass to Marcus Kemp just as if he’d been doing it on an NFL field for his whole life.

All of that said, if Buechele is waived on final cutdown day so that he can be signed to the Kansas City practice squad the next day, it’s unlikely that another NFL team will claim him — after all, he’s still an undrafted rookie.

But the way he’s played should make the Chiefs at least consider the possibility that they need to adjust their usual routine.

We talk a lot about the transformation of the oline but that wasn't the only offensive position group with a complete overhaul.

Kelce

Nick Keizer

Deon Yelder

Ricky Seals-Jones

Last 3 couldn't block or catch

Kelce

Belldozer

Noah Gray

Jody Fortson

All 4 can block and catch.  Last 2 can move similar to Kelce.  Belldozer an excellent inline blocker.  Total cost besides contracts:  one 5th round pick.

More proof that Veach is a goddamn Sorcerer.

1 hour ago, KC Warpaint said:

i like thompson but for every good thing he does he then does two stupid things. he still as a futrure in the NFL but it isn't going to be in KC

Robinson played like a man fighting for his job last night, he looked good but will it be enough, can't see us keeping 4 TE's

We kept 4 much shittier tight end last year.

Thompson is 100% cut at rb and I wouldn’t classify it as a surprise.

at wr i would go with hill, pringle, hardman, robinson and kemp. I haven’t seen much from the other guys but might keep powell for potential purposes but most likely him and fountain are ps candidates. They need to be searching the waiver wire and trade arena hard to upgrade the wr group

keep all 4 tight ends 

defense seems fairly straightforward on who to keep i would just note i want khalen saunders on the roster and I think tim ward had clinched a spot. Also i want watts over key at the safety spot

10 minutes ago, CranjisMcbasketball said:

Thompson is 100% cut at rb and I wouldn’t classify it as a surprise.

at wr i would go with hill, pringle, hardman, robinson and kemp. I haven’t seen much from the other guys but might keep powell for potential purposes but most likely him and fountain are ps candidates. They need to be searching the waiver wire and trade arena hard to upgrade the wr group

keep all 4 tight ends 

defense seems fairly straightforward on who to keep i would just note i want khalen saunders on the roster and I think tim ward had clinched a spot. Also i want watts over key at the safety spot

Maybe KC can get a pick for Thompson? 

1 hour ago, AFCWEST said:

Maybe KC can get a pick for Thompson? 

Don't see it.  RBs, especially back up RBs, are a dime a dozen and everyone knows KC will release either Thompson or Gore and probably both.  Why trade when they can be picked up free?  If either isn't picked up, they be brought back for the PS. 

I’m not a fan of Thompson. Just as nervous him carrying the ball as I am Robinson. 
isn’t Powell our draft rookie? They may keep him. 
I’m on the fence with Robinson. Only thing that keeps him there is his knowledge of the playbook and I’m not to sure the other WR on the lower tier have that. 
Kemp can maybe replace him.

52 minutes ago, Holmes4six! said:

I’m not a fan of Thompson. Just as nervous him carrying the ball as I am Robinson. 
isn’t Powell our draft rookie? They may keep him. 
I’m on the fence with Robinson. Only thing that keeps him there is his knowledge of the playbook and I’m not to sure the other WR on the lower tier have that. 
Kemp can maybe replace him.

AP: Darwin Thompson: Darwin Thompson has been great this preseason, but he’s caught in a tough spot. The Chiefs have some extra skill players they likely will be trying to keep. If they keep four tight ends and a fullback, it might be tough to justify four other running backs. Newcomer Jerrick McKinnon has carved out a role as a playmaker, and the team sees Darrel Williams as a reliable backup. So Thompson has to not only convince the team he’s earned the No. 4 running back job, but also that the Chiefs should carry a fourth running back at all. That means potentially having to cut an extra tight end, receiver or offensive lineman. In the preseason finale, Thompson had six touches for 25 yards — has he done enough?

10 minutes ago, AFCWEST said:

AP: Darwin Thompson: Darwin Thompson has been great this preseason, but he’s caught in a tough spot. The Chiefs have some extra skill players they likely will be trying to keep. If they keep four tight ends and a fullback, it might be tough to justify four other running backs. Newcomer Jerrick McKinnon has carved out a role as a playmaker, and the team sees Darrel Williams as a reliable backup. So Thompson has to not only convince the team he’s earned the No. 4 running back job, but also that the Chiefs should carry a fourth running back at all. That means potentially having to cut an extra tight end, receiver or offensive lineman. In the preseason finale, Thompson had six touches for 25 yards — has he done enough?

No, not to stay in KC...he will be better off to go to a team that suffered RB losses in the Preseason like Jacksonville

6 hours ago, xen said:

We kept 4 much shittier tight end last year.

Not sure why everyone thinks this is such a big surprise.  Like you said we kept 4 craptastic TE's the entire season last year.    

And for the others Robinson isn't going anywhere.  He doesn't have the potential ceiling of some of the young guys but he's experienced and he knows this offense well.  My hope is they find a spot for Fountain.    Hill, Hardman, Pringle, Robinson, Kemp, and Fountain.   I think Fountain provides us with a guy we don't currently have on the roster and Powell showed so little that he should be able to make it to the PS.    With that said I have my doubts Fountain will make it.