Predicting Cuts & Keeps? Your Thoughts.

8 minutes ago, Fmbl2187 said:

I'm not.  He is good on ST's (and today, Gay has a bad toe that could be turf toe). DOD knows the defensive schemes. But it's mainly special teams.

That DOD is one mystery we'll never find out. Showed promise then Niemann came in and swiped the roll.

17 minutes ago, Fmbl2187 said:

I'm not.  He is good on ST's (and today, Gay has a bad toe that could be turf toe). DOD knows the defensive schemes. But it's mainly special teams.

If Gay can't play when the season starts, the Chiefs need to move Cobb up from the PC.  He showed a lot more than DOD or Neiman.  

38 minutes ago, dhitter said:

Just watched Fortson's presser. Very open and refreshing responses. I hope he can get on the field enough to show his hard work paid off and he was worth the investment the team made in him.

Not sure what the team invested on him other than a PS spot for two years.  It seems that everyone was pulling for him and his presser was good.  One can't help rooting for someone so appreciative of where he's gotten.  

5 hours ago, jetlord said:

Not sure what the team invested on him other than a PS spot for two years.  It seems that everyone was pulling for him and his presser was good.  One can't help rooting for someone so appreciative of where he's gotten.  

Time and attention to coach him up certainly is an investment I would think.

The release of WR Marcus Kemp is a procedural move, a source tells me. As a vested veteran, WR Kemp becomes a free agent and doesn't go through waivers. The club can re-sign him after placing an injured player on IR, likely an offensive lineman.

Just like that, we find out Kemp is back which alleviates some concerns. Austin Blythe seems a likely candidate to hit injured reserve given that Derrick hints toward it in his post and he’s already missed recent practices after undergoing a sports hernia surgery.

53 minutes ago, jetlord said:

Wish Ward had made the Chiefs roster.  He might do more than Okafor, but guess his pre season success was mainly against scrubs.  Stilll..........

Yes..I'm a little concerned about our pass rush this year. Frank Clark is not a very good rusher,  if he even plays the full season.  Dana is not a pass rushing threat..Kaindoh might not even see much of the field and Okafor stays in the damn tub!

Contrary to popular belief,  I think moving Jones to DE will actually decrease his sack numbers and teams will most definitely run to his side until he gets more discipline with his contain responsibilities. 

Ward was young and hungry and definitely passed the eye test better than Dana and Kaindoh when it came to pass rush. 

5 hours ago, AFCWEST said:
The release of WR Marcus Kemp is a procedural move, a source tells me. As a vested veteran, WR Kemp becomes a free agent and doesn't go through waivers. The club can re-sign him after placing an injured player on IR, likely an offensive lineman.

Just like that, we find out Kemp is back which alleviates some concerns. Austin Blythe seems a likely candidate to hit injured reserve given that Derrick hints toward it in his post and he’s already missed recent practices after undergoing a sports hernia surgery.

I guess we will see....I haven't seen him added to the practice squad yet...I sure would like to see him make the team.

40 minutes ago, ClarksvilleChief said:

I guess we will see....I haven't seen him added to the practice squad yet...I sure would like to see him make the team.

He doesn't go on the PS.  The Chiefs will designate Long to the IR and sign Kemp to the 53.  At least that's how it's been projected for the past couple of days.   Thompson is signed elsewhere so it's surprising that Gore hasn't been put on the PS yet.  

45 minutes ago, jetlord said:

He doesn't go on the PS.  The Chiefs will designate Long to the IR and sign Kemp to the 53.  At least that's how it's been projected for the past couple of days.   Thompson is signed elsewhere so it's surprising that Gore hasn't been put on the PS yet.  

So, I don't understand the hold up... How hard is it to throw someone one IR?

Players reportedly joining the Chiefs' practice squad

Waived Chiefs headed elsewhere

• The Indianapolis Colts claimed defensive back BoPete Keyes.
  • The New York Jets claimed defensive end Tim Ward.
  • Running back Darwin Thompson is joining the Tampa Bay Buccaneers practice squad "rather than returning to the Chiefs," per McDowell.

• Active roster moves

• The Chiefs are re-signing Marcus Kemp to the active roster with a corresponding move incoming, per Verderame.

This is what i was worried about guys, i fear with the releases of taco and tim ward our 2nd and 3rd best d ends after chris jones are no longer on the roster. I have high hopes for danna and hopefully frank clark can provide something positive… but jesus, with clark you are hoping he is both available and not dog feces, seems like a long shot. We all know okafor is average at best, at this point im assuming wharton is gonna get some snaps at d end

22 minutes ago, CranjisMcbasketball said:

This is what i was worried about guys, i fear with the releases of taco and tim ward our 2nd and 3rd best d ends after chris jones are no longer on the roster. I have high hopes for danna and hopefully frank clark can provide something positive… but jesus, with clark you are hoping he is both available and not dog feces, seems like a long shot. We all know okafor is average at best, at this point im assuming wharton is gonna get some snaps at d end

Cuts and other FA will be there. 

56 minutes ago, CranjisMcbasketball said:

If Ward & Taco were better they would be on the team.

3 hours ago, artsy said:

Yes..I'm a little concerned about our pass rush this year. Frank Clark is not a very good rusher,  if he even plays the full season.  Dana is not a pass rushing threat..Kaindoh might not even see much of the field and Okafor stays in the damn tub!

Contrary to popular belief,  I think moving Jones to DE will actually decrease his sack numbers and teams will most definitely run to his side until he gets more discipline with his contain responsibilities. 

Ward was young and hungry and definitely passed the eye test better than Dana and Kaindoh when it came to pass rush. 

Surprised the CHiefs did not see that based on their EYE TESTS. LOL

It's a little surprising that the Chiefs didn't put any RB on the PS.  I thought Gore would be there for sure.  Same with Taco.  Veach said in his presser that they knew Ward wouldn't last so don't know why they didn't get another late seventh for him.  Not too many other surprises. 

1 minute ago, jetlord said:

It's a little surprising that the Chiefs didn't put any RB on the PS.  I thought Gore would be there for sure.  Same with Taco.  Veach said in his presser that they knew Ward wouldn't last so don't know why they didn't get another late seventh for him.  Not too many other surprises. 

I think Gore is there.