Predicting Cuts & Keeps? Your Thoughts.

1 hour ago, Palangi said:

Ugh wasting a spot on Mahomes boy…Deiter. 
seriously it’s time to move on. 

Is Dieter Patrick's designated driver or something? I see that John Brown is looking for a job. He could take Robinson's job tomorrow.

Just now, AFCWEST said:

So your think the Chief Brass are asses? Not Competent? Blind? Sorry you feel this way. 

Well I do think their is some sort of gentleman's agreement with Dieter and it probably stems from Mahomes but lets be honest its not likely his spot is keeping a future stud from getting on the eventual 53.   I'm more puzzled by Niemann than Dieter though.

Just now, Lamardirts said:

Well I do think their is some sort of gentleman's agreement with Dieter and it probably stems from Mahomes but lets be honest its not likely his spot is keeping a future stud from getting on the eventual 53.   I'm more puzzled by Niemann than Dieter though.

Im not puzzled because I dont have all the insider info, film  and experience. Im just a fan with a worthless opinion. Im ok with that. GO CHIEFS>

6 minutes ago, Lamardirts said:

I fully expect him to know more than us but that joker posts all sorts of garbage about his contract and other issues that aren't always true, so apparently he doesn't know everything either.

Well at the very least he is correct about fans and press not knowing. Ive seen mostly positive posts from HB. He has team first attitude. 

@AFCWEST i mean its easy to take the opinion that every move the chiefs make, have made, and will ever make is 100% correct, but we all know thats not true, and if we dont voice opinions on what we think the mistakes  and good decisions are, then what the heck is the point of the message board.

2 hours ago, AFCWEST said:

Well at the very least he is correct about fans and press not knowing. Ive seen mostly positive posts from HB. He has team first attitude. 

I love the dude just seems a little sensitive at times when he replies to comments of us ignorant fans.   I believe he is a good dude and he has every right to comment back.   Maybe they kept Lammons in case HB doesn’t get back from COVID list in time so like you said he has far more info than I have.

10 hours ago, AFCWEST said:

True. We see about 10% of what the staff does yet we think we can call them morons for their decisions. We also think a player kicking ass against scrubs means he is better than the guys playing against NFL starters.

The Chiefs freed up cap space by renegotiating Andrew Wylie’s contract.

Between all of the competition, the Chiefs had some leverage and apparently decided to use it to earn a bit of a discount on Wylie, giving him a guaranteed spot in exchange for the cap space. Wylie’s original deal was set to be $2.133 million as a restricted free agent, but now the Chiefs will only guarantee $920K (numbers per OTC).

It’s a good thing the Chiefs brought back Wylie for another season in the end, because he’s been a very undervalued member of this organization for the last few years. Wylie is a better performer up front than some realize and he’s versatile to step up and play immediate reps at either guard spot. While the Chiefs have others who can do the same, the team learned hard lessons last year about how injuries can cascade and ruin a season.

14 hours ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

Keeping Gehrig Deiter and not PTW is fucking asinine. Asinine. How does this kid not at least make our PS with the preseason he had?

According to a list I've seen this morning, PTW is on the PS.  Also, some of the signings that were reported haven't happened yet.  We need something official to be sure of anything, but the Chiefs won't issue it until the dust settles, it seems. 

5 hours ago, ClarksvilleChief said:

After being released during 53-man roster cuts, a veteran receiver is back with the Kansas City Chiefs.

20210831033549412.jpg

According to the NFL’s official transaction wire, the Chiefs have re-signed WR Marcus Kemp to the 53-man roster. The former 2017 undrafted free agent proved his value on both offense and special teams yet again this offseason, which made his release a bit of a surprise.

Chiefs GM Brett Veach spilled the beans to reporters that Kemp would be back on the active roster today, citing the move as purely procedural. As a vested veteran, Kemp was not subject to waivers, which allowed the team to not risk losing him while they sorted out other situations on the roster.

“He’ll be back,” Veach told reporters of Kemp on Wednesday. “He’ll be back. I would anticipate him being back on the active roster, and we’ll have a corresponding move at a certain time here. We have some different areas to do different things, but I’d expect it’s safe to say that Marcus Kemp will be back here and be ready to contribute, hopefully by Week 1.”

The corresponding move, at least for the time being, was Tyrann Mathieu’s placement on the Reserve/COVID-19 list. His placement on the list temporarily clears a spot for Kemp. When Mathieu returns to the 53-man roster, the Chiefs will have to make another move in order to keep Kemp around.

Kemp’s return means the Chiefs will carry six receivers on the 53-man roster for the time being. That could always change in the future, should the team face injuries and a roster crunch at another position.

16 minutes ago, azchief21 said:

Veach: "When not practicing with the practice squad, Dieter will be performing his duties as the Mahomes family nanny."

If that's what it takes to keep mahomes happy and content then so be it.  He'll just be one of the players who don't dress on Sundays regardless.