Predicting Cuts & Keeps? Your Thoughts.

36 minutes ago, sith13 said:

Dieter is just a placeholder for a roster spot for Long or HB. I don't know why they picked him instead of some other guy with some value that could be protected but may be the rest aren't as good as we have thought. 

Good points. Most of these guys cleared waivers so maybe a few in the entire league will become good NFL players. After all ,including the practice squad , somebody is #69. 

I was bored one night and I watched the Denver game in 2017 when Mahomes made his debut. He was rough around the edges but you could even tell then he was special. He had a real good thing going with Albert Wilson that game. It's too bad he didn't have him in 2018 and beyond. The thing that amused me the most was Robinson returning a punt and instantly running backwards. I think he lost about 7-8 yards. Just Robinson being Robinson...

8 minutes ago, Dan4pres said:

I was bored one night and I watched the Denver game in 2017 when Mahomes made his debut. He was rough around the edges but you could even tell then he was special. He had a real good thing going with Albert Wilson that game. It's too bad he didn't have him in 2018 and beyond. The thing that amused me the most was Robinson returning a punt and instantly running backwards. I think he lost about 7-8 yards. Just Robinson being Robinson...

Ive secretly been hoping the dolphins would cut albert wilson because I noticed the same thing 

17 minutes ago, Dan4pres said:

Not a popular opinion but I think Mahomes should have started the whole season his rookie year.

2 hours ago, Dan4pres said:

I think KC could have started Mahomes game one and went further in the play offs.

If Mahomes didn’t have the tutelage of Alex Smith, who actually had his best NFL season statistically before he was traded away, teaching him the ins and outs of the starting QB role , he may not have been the Uber crazy success he was in his first two seasons without AS 11 mentoring him. 
That was generous and extremely wise. 
But yeah, he seemed attuned enough to make things interesting even as a rookie but why risk his career as a rookie QB without that mentorship? 

4 minutes ago, gochiefsgo said:

If Mahomes didn’t have the tutelage of Alex Smith, who actually had his best NFL season statistically before he was traded away, teaching him the ins and outs of the starting QB role , he may not have been the Uber crazy success he was in his first two seasons without AS 11 mentoring him. 
That was generous and extremely wise. 
But yeah, he seemed attuned enough to make things interesting even as a rookie but why risk his career as a rookie QB without that mentorship? 

Sure: Maybe KC gets in as a wild card. I like Mahomes in the playoffs way better. He grew up with Elite Athletes all around him. So this stage was never to big. This veteran mentoring stuff is BS to me. Mahomes arrived mature, balanced, experienced and not in AWE. KC drafted him because they new Smith would never get it done. Now if Farve or Brady were the mentor I get that. Smith could have mentored from the bench.

Just now, AFCWEST said:

Sure: Maybe KC gets in as a wild card. I like Mahomes in the playoffs way better. He grew up with Elite Athletes all around him. So this stage was never to big. This veteran mentoring stuff is BS to me. Mahomes arrived mature, balanced, experienced and not in AWE. KC drafted him because they new Smith would never get it done. Now if Farve or Brady were the mentor I get that. Smith could have mentored from the bench.

Wow. I kinda disagree cause I think, even a middle tier QB, who was a 1-1 overall selection, who took two teams deep into the playoffs, is an excellent mentor for an unproven gunslinger from a bombs away college offense. I think AS totally was a positive influence on #15. 

2 minutes ago, gochiefsgo said:

Wow. I kinda disagree cause I think, even a middle tier QB, who was a 1-1 overall selection, who took two teams deep into the playoffs, is an excellent mentor for an unproven gunslinger from a bombs away college offense. I think AS totally was a positive influence on #15. 

I did not say AS wasnt a great influence. Even if KC lost more games with Mahomes he would have played better & better and maybe still gone further in the playoffs. Smith is a great person no question. 

46 minutes ago, AFCWEST said:

I did not say AS wasnt a great influence. Even if KC lost more games with Mahomes he would have played better & better and maybe still gone further in the playoffs. Smith is a great person no question. 

Yeah, maybe we all kind of feel like there have been, perhaps, missed opportunities to have every Mahomes inclusive season be a Championship one if certain things had been implemented. The thing is that, so many things have to go right to actually win one that I’m almost certain Brady must have sold his soul to the devil at this point. 

Tough to determine how starting from day one would impact Mahomes. More playing time would definitely be better to progress in certain areas but there's also the risk of certain issues becoming habits since it takes longer to correct them. Considering the weird offense in TT I think it was for the best to have Mahomes sit out his rookie season and focus entirely on his adjustment. 

Regarding Wilson I think he was a very poor man's Antonio Brown but he sure would be better than anything we have not named Hill at this point. Solid #3 who may have been a solid #2. 

2. OT Mitchell Schwartz

The Kansas City Chiefs’ decision to move on from right tackle Mitchell Schwartz earlier this offseason was a bit surprising. While Schwartz missed 10 regular-season games and the playoffs with a back injury, he had never previously sat out a contest.

A first-team All-Pro in 2018, the 32-year-old should remain one of the league’s most reliable right tackles if healthy. While his back surgery may give some teams pause, Schwartz recently shared a workout video suggesting that he is at least close to 100 percent.

A return to Kansas City to provide depth would make a lot of sense this late in the preseason, as the learning curve would be minimal. The Steelers would also be a logical landing spot. He would be a more proven option than Zach Banner, who has only two career starts.

Best Fits: Kansas City Chiefs, Pittsburgh Steelers

The Chiefs current starters on the line are pretty much set and looked okay so far.  Schwartz probably wouldn't come back for backup pay.  Could he be the swing tackle?  Can the Chiefs afford to pay Schwartz and slow Niang's development?  Just not sure how Schwartz would fit in at this point unless he signed for a team friendly, depth contract.  

42 minutes ago, jetlord said:

The Chiefs current starters on the line are pretty much set and looked okay so far.  Schwartz probably wouldn't come back for backup pay.  Could he be the swing tackle?  Can the Chiefs afford to pay Schwartz and slow Niang's development?  Just not sure how Schwartz would fit in at this point unless he signed for a team friendly, depth contract.  

Agree. Yet todays strength is one injury away from not. If Niang is hurt or not what KC is expecting Schwartz could be THE GUY. Seems he loves KC. 

2 hours ago, AFCWEST said:

Agree. Yet todays strength is one injury away from not. If Niang is hurt or not what KC is expecting Schwartz could be THE GUY. Seems he loves KC. 

The only injury that would wreck the line is Brown.  There's a backup at every position except LT.  Sure, the line would be diminished, but not devastated.  Remmers, Long (when available), LDT, Blythe, and even Wylie and Allegretti all have experience as starters and while not good, they can play as fill ins.  

2 hours ago, jetlord said:

The only injury that would wreck the line is Brown.  There's a backup at every position except LT.  Sure, the line would be diminished, but not devastated.  Remmers, Long (when available), LDT, Blythe, and even Wylie and Allegretti all have experience as starters and while not good, they can play as fill ins.  

I think Veach stated Thuney is a potential LT prior to trading for Brown. So Thuney moves over and the other guys fill in at left guard.