Predicting Cuts & Keeps? Your Thoughts.

1 minute ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

He didn't say that. He said he could play center or either guard spot. He's never started a game at tackle in the NFL.

Screenshot_20210904-090523_Chrome.jpg

You may be misinformed. Just because you cant find it in writing does not mean he did not say it. For me its just fun to think about Sunday Football. I choose  not to worry about things until it actually shows up. 

Video https://youtu.be/gTQNgyW6odI

“Yeah, I’d say still current NFL player,” said Schwartz. “You know, I’m in the last stages of recovery here hoping to kind of get over this final hump. It’s taken a little longer than I would have liked or we would have liked but once I’m 100% fully ready to go, I think I can make that decision and figure out what’s next for me.”

Schwartz went on to say that he is still dealing with pain and until he feels like he can get back the way he has felt the last nine years and play at his usual high level, talk of a return is kind of a “moot point.”

Even if Schwartz does get fully recovered some time this season, there is no telling wether or not the Chiefs would be interested in re-signing him. Obviously, signing a healthy Mitchell Schwartz would be a no-brainer for the Chiefs or any other NFL team but the Chiefs have had to move on and should Lucas Niag be playing well at RT, it might not make sense for the Chiefs to bring Schwartz back.

19 hours ago, azchief21 said:

The Super Bowl

Meh, I doubt Schwartz comes back the same player. He’s had way too much down time and has probably lost some muscle mass and strength. 
and this point rolling with Niang is our best option. Remmers is adequate as a RT backup. 

2 minutes ago, Palangi said:

Meh, I doubt Schwartz comes back the same player. He’s had way too much down time and has probably lost some muscle mass and strength. 
and this point rolling with Niang is our best option. Remmers is adequate as a RT backup. 

Agree but he may be fine with a more limited role. Seems to really LOVE KC AREA and the TEAM. Nothing wrong with an extra million or two and a SB RING.

4 hours ago, AFCWEST said:

You may be misinformed. Just because you cant find it in writing does not mean he did not say it. For me its just fun to think about Sunday Football. I choose  not to worry about things until it actually shows up. 

Has Joe Thuney played tackle?

Thuney has spent the majority of his career in the NFL at left guard, but he's also demonstrated the ability to play elsewhere along the offensive line. Thuney has lined up at center and offensive tackle during his professional career, making two starts at center in 2020,

Thuney later elaborated a bit on his positional versatility in an exclusive interview on KCSP-AM 610 Sports Radio in Kansas City.

“So I started two games last season at center and then filled a little bit at left tackle in 2019 at the end of one of the games,” Thuney said. “The rest of my career has all been at left guard. So a little variety, but like I said, I just want to be on the field in any capacity, anyway. It doesn’t really matter, I just want to be out there playing with the guys and trying to contribute with winning.”

5 hours ago, AFCWEST said:

Even if Schwartz does get fully recovered some time this season, there is no telling wether or not the Chiefs would be interested in re-signing him. Obviously, signing a healthy Mitchell Schwartz would be a no-brainer for the Chiefs or any other NFL team but the Chiefs have had to move on and should Lucas Niag be playing well at RT, it might not make sense for the Chiefs to bring Schwartz back.

I'm not sure. Schwartz needs to prove his health to the NFL if he wants to make a comeback and that means signing a cheap deal to showcase himself. I think he wouldn't mind doing that in a system where he's known to be the best in the NFL. I don't see him replacing Niang if the youngster plays well but I can see Schwartz being the next man up if something happens somewhere along the line. 

5 hours ago, AFCWEST said:
Has Joe Thuney played tackle?

Thuney has spent the majority of his career in the NFL at left guard, but he's also demonstrated the ability to play elsewhere along the offensive line. Thuney has lined up at center and offensive tackle during his professional career, making two starts at center in 2020,

Thuney later elaborated a bit on his positional versatility in an exclusive interview on KCSP-AM 610 Sports Radio in Kansas City.

“So I started two games last season at center and then filled a little bit at left tackle in 2019 at the end of one of the games,” Thuney said. “The rest of my career has all been at left guard. So a little variety, but like I said, I just want to be on the field in any capacity, anyway. It doesn’t really matter, I just want to be out there playing with the guys and trying to contribute with winning.”

I said he's never started an NFL game at tackle. I didn't say he'd never been an injury replacement. If you are comfortable with him there, that's your opinion. I wouldnt be, but that's my opinion.

My point was you said multiple times that Veach had spoken about Thuney playing tackle, and he didnt.

59 minutes ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

I said he's never started an NFL game at tackle. I didn't say he'd never been an injury replacement. If you are comfortable with him there, that's your opinion. I wouldnt be, but that's my opinion.

My point was you said multiple times that Veach had spoken about Thuney playing tackle, and he didnt.

OK YOU WIN  LOL

On 9/4/2021 at 5:56 PM, Iluvhouse24 said:

I only win if Brown goes down and we don't end up with Remmers at LT. If that happens we all lose. I hope they'd flip Niang over there or promote PTW from the practice squad. But I guess that will be a bridge to cross later.

I am not we. I just enjoy the game. Great that KC always has a chance. For many years that was not the case. So I will roll with the good times hoping for the best.

1 hour ago, AFCWEST said:

I am not we. I just enjoy the game. Great that KC always has a chance. For many years that was not the case. So I will roll with the good times hoping for the best.

Me, too.  As long as I can watch them play, have a chance, and read about it, I'm good.  Except if we lose. Then I feel depressed, morose and terrible all week and indulge in anger and self-pity and pretend it doesn't bother me in the presence of other human beings...except on this forum.

Just now, Fmbl2187 said:

Me, too.  As long as I can watch them play, have a chance, and read about it, I'm good.  Except if we lose. Then I feel morose and terrible all week and indulge in anger and self-pity and pretend it doesn't bother me in the presence of other human beings except on this forum.

Yes. I simply turn off all the media BS after a loss. I make an effort to not place too much importance on a win. Best of all its not likely to happen often. So just get into the playoffs. Wild card or whatever. TB proved you dont need the best record to win it all.  I think that first round by stuff is not worth the stress. Looking forward to another enertaining Chiefs season.

1 minute ago, AFCWEST said:

Yes. I simply turn off all the media BS after a loss. I make an effort to not place too much importance on a win. Best of all its not likely to happen often. So just get into the playoffs. Wild card or whatever. TB proved you dont need the best record to win it all.  I think that first round by stuff is not worth the stress. Looking forward to another enertaining Chiefs season.

It's totally escapist for me.  This is maybe the best of times in Chiefs history.  Watching the news is depressing and makes me angry and sad, and the networks make money by doing just that. The Chiefs help me enjoy being alive, despite women being raped on city streets, children being shot down in school rooms, and slow poisons seeping into the air, water, and food.  Despite war, pandemics, stupidity, and greed, the Chiefs keep a smile on my face and hope in my heart LOL.

1 minute ago, Fmbl2187 said:

It's totally escapist for me.  This is maybe the best of times in Chiefs history.  Watching the news is depressing and makes me angry and sad, and the networks make money by doing just that. The Chiefs help me enjoy being alive, despite women being raped on city streets, children being shot down in school rooms, and slow poisons seeping into the air, water, and food.  Despite war, pandemics, stupidity, and greed, the Chiefs keep a smile on my face and hope in my heart LOL.

Exactly.