Regular Season Predictions? Bonus Playoff predictions

I estimate 3. The schedule is tough enough that 4 is a possibility. I realize that's not much different than your number but 5 vs. 3 is huge come playoff time. I do agree Cleveland and Buffalo are probably our biggest games but Baltimore is still good and Tennessee will be interesting with Julio. I think the AFC West is improved (except for LV) but they are a year away from really competing with the Chiefs in my opinion. The Chargers scare me more than anyone in the Division, their personnel has always been good but they can't get out of their own way and are injury prone. I'll be interested to see what Herbert does for an encore...he's pretty impressive. Denver's Offense can't hang 30 on us and they will need to. I think the Chiefs are better than last year but our record may not completely reflect that. JMHO.

2 minutes ago, Dan4pres said:

I estimate 3. The schedule is tough enough that 4 is a possibility. I realize that's not much different than your number but 5 vs. 3 is huge come playoff time. I do agree Cleveland and Buffalo are probably our biggest games but Baltimore is still good and Tennessee will be interesting with Julio. I think the AFC West is improved (except for LV) but they are a year away from really competing with the Chiefs in my opinion. The Chargers scare me more than anyone in the Division, their personnel has always been good but they can't get out of their own way and are injury prone. I'll be interested to see what Herbert does for an encore...he's pretty impressive. Denver's Offense can't hang 30 on us and they will need to. I think the Chiefs are better than last year but our record may not completely reflect that. JMHO.

Chargers look like a mess. They kept a second year QB on the sidelines during the exhibition games. New coaches and your QB sits? I expect them to start slow as a result.

1 hour ago, artsy said:

Yea, some (not all) are brushing off the AFC West team. I believe we will split with the Donkeys and Chargers. Teddy almost beat us with Carolina! And they didn't have shit. No defense, no christian mcaffery, no nothing. And the chargers are young and hungry.

12-5, with the 1 or 2nd seed. ( We play both teams that could possibly take the the top seed..Cleveland and Buffalo) So if we beat both of them, we could probably still get home field with 5 losses.

They had Christian fyi

1 hour ago, AFCWEST said:

HMM. I dont see the schedule as BRUTAl. A few easy games and playing the NFC division full of losers. AFC West is not the toughest division. So thats  6 of the games. 

I’d say that the raiders got better and have beat us twice recently. Denver is loaded everywhere except qb. And bridgewater doesn’t make mistakes. And the chargers are coming. This isn’t 3 4 years ago. 

34 minutes ago, Dan4pres said:

Teddy did just that last year with less.

Just now, Calichief said:

I’d say that the raiders got better and have beat us twice recently. Denver is loaded everywhere except qb. And bridgewater doesn’t make mistakes. And the chargers are coming. This isn’t 3 4 years ago. 

I agree. I think KC will win 4 or 5 of those games. I predict 12-5. Not sure the Raiders are better? Chucky is out of touch. I just dont see the schedule as brutal. 

I guess to each their own. The O-Line is already better than at any time last year (including when they still had Schwartz-I think he was playing in pain and wasn't his normal self in 2020). The defense is already better than at any time last year. The run defense will be better, I think the DB room is vastly improved. Not a big Ward fan and I hope that Baker and Hughes make him a backup at some point. If Clark sticks around and get his game going again, the defense could be scary good.  I really think the Chief's biggest opponent is their indifference. I feel that caught up to them several times last year and they still only lost one meaningful game. If the Chiefs could just keep their freaking feet on the gas pedal, I'm not sure anyone can beat us. That won't happen every game of course and some teams have the talent to beat us on a given Sunday. Five losses still just seems like a lot for the way this team is now built. I see a lot of pundits saying the Chiefs will regress this year and be a 5-6 loss team this year. Like Patrick says, I'll see it when I believe it.

3 minutes ago, artsy said:

I dont remember christian playing when they played us

He had 2 tds, one receiving and rushing and had like 150 plus yards total.  He went back to being injured the next week. Don't know what to tell you but he was shredding us pretty good.

Just now, kkuenn said:

He had 2 tds, one receiving and rushing and had like 150 plus yards total.  He went back to being injured the next week. Don't know what to tell you but he was shredding us pretty good.

Ok, thanks. Well that explains why they almost WON!

On 9/1/2021 at 5:17 PM, Dan4pres said:

I think all but one of the season losses will be that tough stretch in the first 5 games.  But that will be good.  It will both put us under the radar a bit with some bad comments from the sports press that will give Chiefs a chip on their shoulder, but it will also give us a "pay back" mentality when we face them again in the playoffs.

In terms of momentum going into the playoffs, this front-loaded schedule is the best of all possible worlds from the standpoint of team psychology.  If backloaded, we will be beat up and worn out by playoff time.

1 minute ago, Fmbl2187 said:

I think all but one of the season losses will be that tough stretch in the first 5 games.  But that will be good.  It will both put us under the radar a bit with some bad comments from the sports press that will give Chiefs a chip on their shoulder, but it will also give us a "pay back" mentality when we face them again in the playoffs.

In terms of momentum going into the playoffs, this front-loaded schedule is the best of all possible worlds from the standpoint of team psychology.  If backloaded, we would be beat up and worn out by playoff time.

5 hours ago, Fmbl2187 said:

One other thing about a front-loaded schedule is that the young guys on the front lines who are not yet used to such a long season of tough NFL football, will be strongest in the early part of the season. It is one more reason for me to predict. 14-3.

Maybe, but it's also a possibility that experience gained during the season would offset the tiredness.  Smith and Niang will be tested early and often during the first five games. 

7 hours ago, Holmes4six! said:

I’m thinking 2-3 losses. 
I believe we are going to see a different chiefs team especially in the first quarter of the season. Dink and dunk run the ball 10 play drives. We are going to wear down teams and our d will feast. 

I read an article, I think on AP, yesterday, that tried to rate each position group compared to last year.  It seemed extremely conservative and seemed to underestimate the improvement in many areas, especially on the lines..  Most of all, it seemed to completely disregard the improved youth and depth in nearly every area. Youth provides a hell of a lot.  Experience and coaching often wins games, but depth wins seasons.  I want to see us win 13 or 14 games, but mainly I want to see our young guys develop into real solutions to the dilemma of loss of many crucial players to free agency after this season.  An awful lot of last contract year guys. Win the season but not so much that the young guys don't get the reps needed to keep us going beyond the end of 2021.  Losing more than 2 or 3 games may be a necessity for securing the next several years after that.