Regular Season Predictions? Bonus Playoff predictions

Just now, Fmbl2187 said:

I read an article, I think on AP, yesterday, that tried to rate each position group compared to last year.  It seemed extremely conservative and seemed to underestimate the improvement in many areas, especially on the lines..  Most of all, it seemed to completely disregard the improved youth and depth in nearly every area. Youth provides a hell of a lot.  Experience and coaching often wins games, but depth wins seasons. Youth wins following seasons.  I want to see us win 13 or 14 games, but mainly I want to see our young guys develop into real solutions to the dilemma of loss of many crucial players to free agency after this season.  An awful lot of last contract year guys. Win the season but not so much that the young guys don't get the reps needed to keep us going beyond the end of 2021.  Losing more than 2 or 3 games may be a necessity for securing the next several years after that.

The Chiefs are fortunate to have a team that is a contender this year but also has a number of players who have the best years ahead of them.  The O-line is an obvious area, but Mahomes, CEH, Sneed, the D0line (with the exception of Clark), and the two LBs drafted in the last two years, Thornhill, Hughes, and Baker are all potential solid starters.  My point is that even if Clark, Hitch, HB, and Ward are gone in a few years, the team will still be competitive.  It's a great time to be a Chiefs' fan. 

Chiefs will be a wildcard team this year at 11-6.  They will struggle to find rhythm during the regular season but will start to roll in the playoffs.  They will lose a close game in Cleveland to the Browns in the AFC West Championship game.  

7 minutes ago, Mr Ev said:

Chiefs will be a wildcard team this year at 11-6.  They will struggle to find rhythm during the regular season but will start to roll in the playoffs.  They will lose a close game in Cleveland to the Browns in the AFC West Championship game.  

So do you have Cleve winning this weekend too? 

30 minutes ago, AFCWEST said:

So do you have Cleve winning this weekend too? 

Yeah, I just don’t feel good about it from a Chiefs standpoint.  I can see and feel the Browns hunger whereas the Chiefs seem to be a little on cruise control.  We need a lot to go right this season in order to have a shot at the super bowl, like any team does.  Case in point, when we won in 2019, it seemed like the stars aligned when Baltimore when down and we had those two tremendous come back victories.  Now, we have to take into account covid as well.  

2 minutes ago, Mr Ev said:

Yeah, I just don’t feel good about it from a Chiefs standpoint.  I can see and feel the Browns hunger whereas the Chiefs seem to be a little on cruise control.  We need a lot to go right this season in order to have a shot at the super bowl, like any team does.  Case in point, when we won in 2019, it seemed like the stars aligned when Baltimore when down and we had those two tremendous come back victories.  Now, we have to take into account covid as well.  

Its very difficult to beat any decent NFL Team two times in one season. We shall see. Cleve has to deal with the same stuff and Covid too. DWBH

1 minute ago, Mr Ev said:

:lol:  What does their hunger look like.? Also (and this is no small thing), what does it feel like?  It must be terrifying. I know without a doubt that the Chiefs mindset is one of total complacency. How do I know this?  Andy Reid called me, and I literally fell asleep.

24 minutes ago, Fmbl2187 said:

:lol:  What does their hunger look like.? Also (and this is no small thing), what does it feel like?  It must be terrifying. I know without a doubt that the Chiefs mindset is one of total complacency. How do I know this?  Andy Reid called me, and I literally fell asleep.

I can sense the sarcasm, point taken.  This is a forum after all so I’m just trying to contribute to the conversation.  I think you know what I mean though, the terms, “hunger,” and,”feelings,” used all the time in sports so I’m not sure why you’re being so literal.  Watching some of their interviews and mic’d up stuff, I can sense and feel their desire to beat the Chiefs.  They feel that they should have won that game last year and are out to show everyone they were the better team.  I don’t get the sense that the Chiefs are as intense as the Browns,  that’s all.  

17 hours ago, Mr Ev said:

I can sense the sarcasm, point taken.  This is a forum after all so I’m just trying to contribute to the conversation.  I think you know what I mean though, the terms, “hunger,” and,”feelings,” used all the time in sports so I’m not sure why you’re being so literal.  Watching some of their interviews and mic’d up stuff, I can sense and feel their desire to beat the Chiefs.  They feel that they should have won that game last year and are out to show everyone they were the better team.  I don’t get the sense that the Chiefs are as intense as the Browns,  that’s all.  

Maybe it doesn't always work the same way, but one example is the 2015 KC Royals.  They unexpectedly made it to the WS in 2014 and there's never been a hungrier team than they were the following year.  Will the Chiefs react the same way after the SB loss?  I'd say yes.  The opportunities are so rare and in pro football, each game is so important, that we should expect the Chiefs to come out on fire.  Will the Brownies be the same?  Maybe, but playing in Arrowhead rather than in the mistake on the lake, takes some of the energy out.  That's not saying the Chiefs are more likely to win, but just that they won't be out motivated.