Chiefs Practice Squad

1 hour ago, Palangi said:

I’m not sure if he is on 53 or just practice squad. Either way he was at practice today. 
i wonder if we put 2 on IR and it hasn’t been reported yet. With Kemp getting one of the spots and prince the other

There’s another spot on the 53 with Matthieu going on the COVID List.

10 hours ago, Dan4pres said:

Yes, I believe that is right. He was wondering if we put 2 players on IR/PUP and I believe only Long was on IR. Both LDT and Blythe are on the active roster.

So when HB comes back from the COVID time out, who gets dropped from the 53?  Will that cascade down through the PS?  Same for Long.  This roster isn't a done deal yet.  

2 minutes ago, Dan4pres said:

My guess is either Lammons or O'Daniel. Due to Gay's injury, I would bet it's Lammons. I know that is one of Toub's guys but I've never seen him show out on D. My guess is that Watts sticks around but you never know. 

Watts is probably safe because the Chiefs only have four safeties. Lammons has been under the radar all TC so I don't know how safe he really is.  HB should be back next week.  Gay also may make it back, but the Chiefs aren't really saying what's wrong with him.  Blythe and LDT also expected to practice soon.  Would be nice to see a healthy team for the first game.  

5 hours ago, jetlord said:

Watts is probably safe because the Chiefs only have four safeties. Lammons has been under the radar all TC so I don't know how safe he really is.  HB should be back next week.  Gay also may make it back, but the Chiefs aren't really saying what's wrong with him.  Blythe and LDT also expected to practice soon.  Would be nice to see a healthy team for the first game.  

Well I guess we know about Gay now.....and how Kemp made the 53.

1 hour ago, jetlord said:

Because he couldn't step in to the "X" receiver spot in his rookie year?  He has a lot to learn about a very complex system.  It's not shocking that he didn't pick it up immediately.  Give it some time. 

I have low expectations for Powell.  So far he has met them

13 minutes ago, xen said:

I have low expectations for Powell.  So far he has met them

Powell was a fifth round pick that does only one thing, run precise routes.  He didn't do that the way KC needs him to do it so he's not on the roster.  Maybe he'll learn and maybe he is a wasted pick.  It's too early to be disappointed.  JMHO

3 hours ago, jetlord said:

Because he couldn't step in to the "X" receiver spot in his rookie year?  He has a lot to learn about a very complex system.  It's not shocking that he didn't pick it up immediately.  Give it some time. 

He came from one of the most complex passing offenses in the nation. My understanding is it had less to do with learning the playbook and more to do with performance. I hope you're right, but I'm doubtful.

2 hours ago, mex said:

He came from one of the most complex passing offenses in the nation. My understanding is it had less to do with learning the playbook and more to do with performance. I hope you're right, but I'm doubtful.

It's not make or break for the Chiefs either way.  But we should recall several other young players who started slowly and became productive players.  Powell may never amount to a good player, but why white him off so quickly?

13 hours ago, jetlord said:

It's not make or break for the Chiefs either way.  But we should recall several other young players who started slowly and became productive players.  Powell may never amount to a good player, but why white him off so quickly?

that's racist