Its nearly time for week 1.. Its time for the browns

Not really sure about this game, since every year is different; but I think the Chiefs will win. I just watched the divisional round game again, and the Browns were playing really well, better than I remember. 

Having said that, when Mahomes was in, the Chiefs had no issues moving the ball, even against the Browns pass rush. I think if he played the whole game the Chiefs would have won by a greater margin. 

Not really a solid analysis, but I agree with a lot of what's been said in this thread. Protect Mahomes , meaning new O line is playing well. Get up on them early. Chiefs LB's need to play well. 

1 hour ago, KC Warpaint said:

boy BSPN was jumping all over the Browns Nuts saying that they are built to take down KC

I think they have to do do that to make things entertaining and keeping the conversation going. I think it works both ways, and have heard some people go too far I'm comfortable with when praising the Chiefs. 

16 hours ago, dhitter said:

I am praying Mahomes and Co. opens a can of (get that SB loss out of our system) woop ass on them.

Any of us obviously could be wrong, but picking the Browns to me seems far-fetched.  My reasons include 1) Size and strength of O-line compared to last year, which I don't think they can game plan for. 2) J Reed,  a healthy Frank Clark, C Jones playing outside, an improved secondary (I believe), Mike Danna and Tershawn Wharton and defensive line depth greater than Browns which will keep them fresher on a hot early September day. 3) Multiple tight end sets that Reid loves and has the personnel to carry out eliminating our red zone incompetence from last season 4) Jerrick McKinnon vs. L'Veon Bell from last year in the RB corps 5) Playing in a full Arrowhead, 6) Reid's famously difficult training camps that get the team in top form by the first game, 7) Butker's range and Townsend's improvement. There are many others that more than balance the improvements in the Browns and their desperation to win. Mahomes can step up into the pocket now and has new, unexpected targets in the mid-range. Reid and Spagnuolo having unlimited time to have game planned for this game, compared to the quick prep needed later in the  rest of the season. I just could never forecast a loss in this game, even with the improvements in the Browns.  I also can't see it because Baker Mayfield is simply not as good as Mahomes.  Never has been.  Never will be.  He is a fine Alex Smith type QB who manages games well, that's all. He can't carry a team by himself.

1 hour ago, Fmbl2187 said:

Any of us obviously could be wrong, but picking the Browns to me seems far-fetched.  My reasons include 1) Size and strength of O-line compared to last year, which I don't think they can game plan for. 2) J Reed,  a healthy Frank Clark, C Jones playing outside, an improved secondary (I believe), Mike Danna and Tershawn Wharton and defensive line depth greater than Browns which will keep them fresher on a hot early September day. 3) Multiple tight end sets that Reid loves and has the personnel to carry out eliminating our red zone incompetence from last season 4) Jerrick McKinnon vs. L'Veon Bell from last year in the RB corps 5) Playing in a full Arrowhead, 6) Reid's famously difficult training camps that get the team in top form by the first game, 7) Butker's range and Townsend's improvement. There are many others that more than balance the improvements in the Browns and their desperation to win. Mahomes can step up into the pocket now and has new, unexpected targets in the mid-range. Reid and Spagnuolo having unlimited time to have game planned for this game, compared to the quick prep needed later in the  rest of the season. I just could never forecast a loss in this game, even with the improvements in the Browns.  I also can't see it because Baker Mayfield is simply not as good as Mahomes.  Never has been.  Never will be.  He is a fine Alex Smith type QB who manages games well, that's all. He can't carry a team by himself.

Good points. Browns have lost 15 consecutive opening games. 15 I hope the law of averages, way over due, does not show up this Sunday.

1 hour ago, Fmbl2187 said:

5) Playing in a full Arrowhead

That will be the toughest thing to overcome, Fans and Tailgating = Loud, Liquored up. Will have to make sure my Surround Sound in my Man Cave is ready for this 😆

Is there ever a year in which there isn't a bunch of Browns hype proclaiming "this is their year"? Every year it's them and the Cowboys; really the entire NFC East hype bullshit for ratings. 

I think the first half will be rough and then we pull away with the score appearing closer than the game really was.

16 minutes ago, NCK Chiefs Fan said:

don't remember who said it or where I saw it, but some so called expert said that the Browns will go to the SB and lose to GB.

Browns have a very good team and could win it all. The best team does not always get to the big game. Good test for KC. If HB does not play its a real test for KC.

Mathieu was first reported to be in the COVID protocol on September 1.

“Tyrann’s still in the protocol,” said Reid. “We’ll just see how that goes. He is getting better, though, which is a good thing.”

Since Mathieu has been reported to be vaccinated, so long is he is asymptomatic, he can return to the team after two negative tests 24 hours apart. Perhaps Reid’s comments mean that Mathieu has received one negative test, and the Chiefs may see him back at practice by the end of the week.

“As long as everything’s physically OK, and (vice president of sports medicine and performance) Rick (Burkholder) and the docs stay on top of that, and we’re in communication with him, obviously, so if he can go, he’ll go. If he can’t, then he can’t.

“[We will] make sure he’s safe to do it, though.”

25 minutes ago, AFCWEST said:

Mathieu was first reported to be in the COVID protocol on September 1.

“Tyrann’s still in the protocol,” said Reid. “We’ll just see how that goes. He is getting better, though, which is a good thing.”

Since Mathieu has been reported to be vaccinated, so long is he is asymptomatic, he can return to the team after two negative tests 24 hours apart. Perhaps Reid’s comments mean that Mathieu has received one negative test, and the Chiefs may see him back at practice by the end of the week.

“As long as everything’s physically OK, and (vice president of sports medicine and performance) Rick (Burkholder) and the docs stay on top of that, and we’re in communication with him, obviously, so if he can go, he’ll go. If he can’t, then he can’t.

“[We will] make sure he’s safe to do it, though.”

I was wondering the same thing.  If someone is asymptomatic but tested positive, how can they be getting better other than to later receive a negative test?  CLE will be prepping assuming HB is going to play, so why make it secret?  Just Reid playing his habitual games, probably 

1 minute ago, jetlord said:

Just noticed the injury report for this weekend.  KC has about 13 players listed as questionable for the game in addition to HB.  The Browns have even more if I counted correctly.  Injury reports are a joke. 

Where did you find that? 

47 minutes ago, jetlord said:

Just noticed the injury report for this weekend.  KC has about 13 players listed as questionable for the game in addition to HB.  The Browns have even more if I counted correctly.  Injury reports are a joke. 

i just looked at NFL.com and the browns have 10 listed... Chiefs: No Injuries to report

3 hours ago, jetlord said:

I was wondering the same thing.  If someone is asymptomatic but tested positive, how can they be getting better other than to later receive a negative test?  CLE will be prepping assuming HB is going to play, so why make it secret?  Just Reid playing his habitual games, probably 

Yeah...not gonna lie. Will be majorly disappointed and concerned about the defense if Tyrann does not play. Andy never seems to shoot from the hip. Every answer is cloaked and guarded. Just the way it is.

It concerns me that some think not having Tyrann will greatly hurt the Chiefs or they may loose.  I want him out there like everyone, but if his absence cripples the Chiefs defense that much, I don't know what to say about the defense. 

This isn't a criticism,  just a concern because I don't know jack shit, and am counting on you all's opinions who have followed the Chiefs better than I have this off season. 

18 hours ago, Biggjliv4 said:

Is there ever a year in which there isn't a bunch of Browns hype proclaiming "this is their year"? Every year it's them and the Cowboys; really the entire NFC East hype bullshit for ratings.

Don't forget to throw the Chargers in that mix.