Its nearly time for week 1.. Its time for the browns

Chiefs DC Steve Spagnuolo said that S Tyrann Matheiu's status for Sunday is "up in the air right now."  

Mathieu has been on the COVID-19 list since September 1st and has only done virtual meetings with the team in preparation for this week's game against Cleveland. Spagnuolo also noted that there are different game plans depending on if Mathieu can play or not on Sunday. The Chiefs defense was already a bit of a contrarian play, but if you are aiming to use them in Week 1, note that Mathieu's absence would mean a lot for them. 

On 9/6/2021 at 6:10 PM, robgar said:

Score predictions, hot takes, hows it gonna go down.. 

Will Reed keep his streak of starting hot?

Will the browns get revenge.. 

Just how loud will Arrowhead be on sunday.. 

But Mostly Lets Go CHIIIIIIIIEEEEEEFFFFFSSS!!!!!!

will there be a Helmet to helmet that is not called?

Replacing Mathieu, the player

So Mathieu may now be in line to legitimately miss his first game as a Chief (he rested Week 17 last year with all the other starters). That should mean more playing time for third-year safety Juan Thornhill, who had an interesting training camp in his own right.

Because he missed OTA (organized team activities) sessions, the Chiefs had Thornhill report to St. Joseph three days early with the rookies and quarterbacks.

“He missed all of that OTA time,” explained defensive coordinator Steve Spagnuolo back in late August. “Juan and I talked; I thought that set him back a little bit mentally. We have a few wrinkles here and there.”

After Thornhill recovered from an early-camp groin injury, he mixed with the first team, second team and sometimes the third team.

Then there was a breakthrough of sorts, when he recorded a diving interception against the Arizona Cardinals in the Chiefs’ second preseason game.

“I’m back,” the 25-year-old declared after the game. “There were times last season I was doubting myself. I was never 100% — I just had to fight through the pain. This offseason, I’ve just attacked it. I’m trying to get my knee back to 100%, and I can definitely say I’m back.”

I think the Chiefs get out to a big lead quickly. Browns come out running get shut down. 3 and out. 1st play on the Offense. CEH takes it to the house.

2nd drive for Cleveland. Chris Jones strip sack. Sneed picks it up and scores.

3rd drive for Cleveland. 3 and out. Chiefs get it back and March it down the field methodically and score again. 

21-0 to start. Cleveland regroups and scores on next drive. KC Closes out first half with another sustained drive, but only come away with 3. 

24-7 at half.

3rd quarter Chiefs score again

31-7

Reid takes foot off the gas and Cleveland answers with 14 points.

31-21 end of 3rd.

Jones goes apeshit in 4th qtr with 3 sacks. Chiefs add one more TD.

Chiefs win 38-21

This is how it goes. It has been foretold. Mark it down.

25 minutes ago, Docbarnabee said:

I think the Chiefs get out to a big lead quickly. Browns come out running get shut down. 3 and out. 1st play on the Offense. CEH takes it to the house.

2nd drive for Cleveland. Chris Jones strip sack. Sneed picks it up and scores.

3rd drive for Cleveland. 3 and out. Chiefs get it back and March it down the field methodically and score again. 

21-0 to start. Cleveland regroups and scores on next drive. KC Closes out first half with another sustained drive, but only come away with 3. 

24-7 at half.

3rd quarter Chiefs score again

31-7

Reid takes foot off the gas and Cleveland answers with 14 points.

31-21 end of 3rd.

Jones goes apeshit in 4th qtr with 3 sacks. Chiefs add one more TD.

Chiefs win 38-21

This is how it goes. It has been foretold. Mark it down.

I like it

Tyrann Mathieu activated from COVID list in time to play vs. Browns

After a week or more spent holding our collective breath in Chiefs Kingdom, the K.C. Chiefs have announced they’ve activated star safety Tyrann Mathieu from the COVID/reserve list just in time to play on Sunday against the Cleveland Browns.

The Chiefs made a surprise move when they first placed Mathieu on the COVID/reserve list late last week after he’d tested positive for the coronavirus. The move brought a cloud over the team’s secondary given his overall importance, but the team remained positive in the early going with the belief he would be back for the team’s season-opening game and even practice leading up to the Browns contest.

Unfortunately for the Chiefs and Mathieu, things had not gone according to plan until Saturday as Mathieu continued to miss practice throughout the week. Late this week, defensive coordinator Steve Spagnuolo admitted they had a Plan B in the event Mathieu could not go. Finally on Saturday, the literal last day for the Chiefs to activate him in time to play on Sunday afternoon, the team got their answer.

6 hours ago, AFCWEST said:

I assume HB is out. Its up to the offense. KC will need a huge day from Mahomes and at least 40 points. I think they get it. KC 41 Cleve 38. Mahomes with a game clinching touchdown drive as time runs out.

So HB is playing and I will change my result. KC 41- Cleve 24