KC @ DEN

• Replies 413
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kudos to KC.  They hung in there despite being badly out manned.  I kept expecting DEN to pull away and they never did.    

Alex Smith played exceptionally.  The defense somehow kept us in this game.  Knile Davis made some plays!  Travis Kelce is a player!  How about Tamba Hali running over Montae Ball!?

You really can't tell much about a team until after 4 games.  Is this the shitty team who lost to TEN and they somehow got up for a division rival?  Or are they a tough gritty bunch that just threw up a lemon week one?  

Kudos to KC.  They hung in there despite being badly out manned.  I kept expecting DEN to pull away and they never did.    

Alex Smith played exceptionally.  The defense somehow kept us in this game.  Knile Davis made some plays!  Travis Kelce is a player!  How about Tamba Hali running over Montae Ball!?

You really can't tell much about a team until after 4 games.  Is this the shitty team who lost to TEN and they somehow got up for a division rival?  Or are they a tough gritty bunch that just threw up a lemon week one?  

Exactly, I think a lot of it hangs in the Miami game. A win down south would give great hope for this season.

Well if you all remember right.  KC took Denver down to the last minutes in the prior meeting as well.    Hell it was almost Identicl.  They may just take it to em on the Sunday night game.  I hope they are still somewhat in the running at that point.

gret post...

I was wondering the same thing..

A Smith was on his game..but the play calling at the goal line was baaad.....on another site someone made the comment Alex tore into andy after the 2 rollout calls into the teeth of the denver D..something to watch?

gret post...

I was wondering the same thing..

A Smith was on his game..but the play calling at the goal line was baaad.....on another site someone made the comment Alex tore into andy after the 2 rollout calls into the teeth of the denver D..something to watch?

Well I hope Alex did let Reid know how stupid the playcalling was. Reid definitely "shit the bed" in the redzone yesterday.

I thought KC was in for a thrashing. I predicted the loss would be monumental. Why not? Their offensive line was missing three due to free agency, one from PEDs, and another is now finished for the season. Denver was supposed to have one of the best defensive lines, and good linebackers. I fully expected a massacre. 

Something strange happened. KC was in position to tie the game on the final two plays. We can argue play calling, but there they were inside the three yard line with two shots to get the ball in the end zone for a tie. We can postulate whether Reid would have gone for the win. It didn't get that far. In the end, the Chiefs sort of crumbled, and faltered. However, they did provide a reason to watch, which was far more than I anticipated. 

The Chiefs lost two more starters at Denver. They will have to call upon more reserves against Miami. Charles and Berry will not be available, and it is anyone's guess when they will return. High ankle sprains can be tricky. Yet, there is some hope that the Chiefs won't lay an egg like they did at home against Tennessee. 

Is all that was wrong righted? Nope, but the world is suddenly not coming to an end either. Maybe the Chiefs will finish high in the race for the best player in the draft. Moral victories don't count, but that is about all we can cling to at this point. 

Archived