WEEK 1 BROWNIES GD THREAD

2 hours ago, jetlord said:

Bolton made some very good plays, but also played like a rookie at times.  He'll learn.  Was anyone more worthless than Neiman?  He's not even close to covering anyone as far as I could tell.  Also, I've been on the "replace Ward" for over a year.  Today reinforced that feeling. 

Spags got to let Baker take over. It's time

3 hours ago, Fmbl2187 said:

Winning against a key conference rival in the first game is just as important in Game 1 as it would be late in the seaon.  That is my point.  I could end up to be a key thing, no matter how much season is left.

Agreed 

1 hour ago, jetlord said:

Agree.  Every game counts the same and winning against contenders is more important.  It just seemed a little early to talk playoff implications just after squeaking by in the opening game.  I usually wait until about game three before doing it.  🙂

Hahaha. I've been seeing numerous articles about next year's draft and who the Chiefs should take. Get on the stick, man.

6 hours ago, Chiefmanzada said:

Was at the game. Arrowhead was deafening. 

The punter felt the nerves and dropped that ball thanks to the fans. 

after a year of no fans, your first game with fans is at arrowhead...

where the noise is a physical force.. especially in those situations.. 

I anticipated the crowd playing a factor in the game.. 

9 hours ago, azchief21 said:

I thought Bolton played well. He wraps up very well but I agree, Gay, Clark & HB will make a difference.

I did, too.  Bolton looked to me to be a long term major force.  I was very happy with his play.  As for Niemann,  I am not sure why all the hate, but I am certainly not sure why he is Reid/Spags favorite as a first line backup.  I don't see the future growth in him.  He is making mental errors at a rate that should be decreasing but don't seem to be at this point. I know that he is good on ST's., but he is not bad enough at LB to receive the disdain that some express in these posts at this point in my opinion.

9 hours ago, jetlord said:

Bolton made some very good plays, but also played like a rookie at times.  He'll learn.  Was anyone more worthless than Neiman?  He's not even close to covering anyone as far as I could tell.  Also, I've been on the "replace Ward" for over a year.  Today reinforced that feeling. 

I have historically disagreed with you about Ward, but I am starting to come around.  I think he is a good corner, but just won't take the next step.  He has reached his ceiling and may be regressing some.  He never gets his head around and always seems to be a split second late defending a pass.

Did they give a reason for why Baker was inactive?  Healthy scratch?

1 hour ago, SEMO said:

I have historically disagreed with you about Ward, but I am starting to come around.  I think he is a good corner, but just won't take the next step.  He has reached his ceiling and may be regressing some.  He never gets his head around and always seems to be a split second late defending a pass.

Did they give a reason for why Baker was inactive?  Healthy scratch?

The deal with Ward is that he was a fill in when several FAs didn't pan out several years ago.  He played okay for being a cheap rookie and many thought he would progress.  Last year he took a step backward and seemed to get worse as time went on.  This season, he's regressed again although it's still a small sample size.  Baker, if healthy, and Hughes at least have upside.  Sneed is a stud and Fenton makes some plays and still has upside.  Probably Baker is out because the staff doesn't trust that he's 199% after the broken leg.  He looked pretty fast in  pre-season but again, a small sample size.  Not sure how Lammons fits in. 

1 hour ago, DieHard said:

I liked what I saw from Bolton. Not perfect but pretty damn good for a rooks first game. I hope Gay rocks out, but I won’t be surprised if Bolton ends up the better player. The corners are fine if we can bring pressure. Can’t just be Jones.

Bolton can react quickly and bust people's chops,  and his tackling soundness is terrific, but Gay's tools are out of sight.  He could end up like Derrick Johnson according to one opinion I read. I would be extremely surprised if Bolton turned out better, but I like the hell out of Bolton. We could have a really top LB corps in another year or so.

1 hour ago, Fmbl2187 said:

Bolton can react quickly and bust people's chops,  and his tackling soundness is terrific, but Gay's tools are out of sight.  He could end up like Derrick Johnson according to one opinion I read. I would be extremely surprised if Bolton turned out better, but I like the hell out of Bolton. We could have a really top LB corps in another year or so.

I’m hoping Bolton and Gay turn into what Tampa has with white and David