WEEK 1 BROWNIES GD THREAD

9 minutes ago, moons314 said:

I was happy to see Fisher go, but I don’t think Brown is an upgrade outside of being younger.  I’m really scared we’re going to give him a huge contract and he’s going to struggle to be average protecting mvp’s blindside.  

He was going against one of the best pass rushers. I think he did fine and held his own. Upgrade for sure over Fisher.

7 minutes ago, kkuenn said:

He was going against one of the best pass rushers. I think he did fine and held his own. Upgrade for sure over Fisher.

Brown played well today. He's faced Garrett a lot in Baltimore, but the only difference is schemes. He'll get better, our line will get better. 

15 minutes ago, Palangi said:

Think about who he went against. He ran Garrett past Mahomes all game and stone walked all inside moves. He played good. And will continue to get better. 

I agree and took that into account. After watching Fisher over the years I've seen him do some of the same things against elite players. At least to my eye, it looked like he did. 

Mahomes also helps the way he plays, Romo mentioned that and I agree. You or someone else mentioned how one play was on Mahomes. That may be true, but I think he helps more than hurts the O linemen.  

I do agree that Brown did good on the inside moves, the only thing Garrett seemed to be able to do is rush outside, but he did it very well. That's maybe something Brown has over Fisher.

I wholeheartedly hope you're right, believe me.

That second sack was more on mahomes than anything else.. he dropped back, right to where clowney and garrett where redirected to.. 

Saw some pretty good play for a oline without much time together.. \

2 sacks 5 qb hits.. chris jones 2 sacks 4 qb hits.. 

1 minute ago, Fmbl2187 said:

Looks like we may have just saved first seed.

Long way to go. 
chargers are going to be a handful.

the raiders offense 

Broncos will be better.

we need our defense to play well this year.

they were clutch at the end 

1 minute ago, robgar said:

yes, sometimes patrick helps his oline.. sometimes he hurts them.. 

these guys havent played together long enough to make any judgement.. 

They played well.. all 5 of the big guys up front. 

Yes and they should get better each week. Run game was still awful.