WEEK 1 BROWNIES GD THREAD

I think we all need to acknowledge that not having Clark, Badger, and Gay completely changes this defense and what we do schematically. 

I'm not gonna tell you I think that's gonna fix everything because we played without any fire and looked lost out there for most of 3 quarters. But Spagnuolo loves to attack and he called a remarkably conservative game today. That's somewhat personnel based. 

They have a lot to work on, but beating a playoff team with chip on its shoulder on a day when we looked like crap for about the first 40 minutes is pretty encouraging.

6 minutes ago, robgar said:

what missing 3 out of 11 starters .. might of made a difference? hrmmm..

its not like 2 of those guys are team leaders are anything.. oh.. sorry.. they are.. 

Caught Cleve at the right time. They have 7 new guys on D. Likely to also get much better later in the season.

39 minutes ago, Palangi said:

He was fine. And I would say he did good considering he went against the top DE in the game. Have some perspective

Perspective?  You blamed Mahomes for taking too deep of a drop, as if Brown had pushed his guy deep, when in reality, Brown didn’t even touch the defender on that play.  

5 minutes ago, moons314 said:

Perspective?  You blamed Mahomes for taking too deep of a drop, as if Brown had pushed his guy deep, when in reality, Brown didn’t even touch the defender on that play.  

I think that was me.. and  no he didnt touch him.. but had mahomes stepped up.. they both go behind him.. and there was room. so.. at least i didnt see mahomes laying flat on his back with no olinemen in the picture.  like in a certain game i dont wanna talk about. 

18 minutes ago, robgar said:

what missing 3 out of 11 starters .. might of made a difference? hrmmm..

its not like 2 of those guys are team leaders are anything.. oh.. sorry.. they are.. 

Agree yes but Cleve also had guys out, tossed out and injured during the game. KC needs a lot of work on D. Spags is up to that challenge.

Just now, AFCWEST said:

Agree yes but Cleve also had guys out, tossed out and injured during the game. KC needs a lot of work on D. Spags is up to that challenge.

that dq.. they should a thrown him outta the stadium.. 

that was completely uncalled for. 

35 minutes ago, qnet said:

I agree and took that into account. After watching Fisher over the years I've seen him do some of the same things against elite players. At least to my eye, it looked like he did. 

Mahomes also helps the way he plays, Romo mentioned that and I agree. You or someone else mentioned how one play was on Mahomes. That may be true, but I think he helps more than hurts the O linemen.  

I do agree that Brown did good on the inside moves, the only thing Garrett seemed to be able to do is rush outside, but he did it very well. That's maybe something Brown has over Fisher.

I wholeheartedly hope you're right, believe me.

Fisher was nowhere near as good on inside moves. Fisher struggled against inside moves

14 minutes ago, moons314 said:

Even more of an example of Mahomes getting to deep. Even Romo said Mahomes went to deep

Just now, KC Warpaint said:

more in Mayfield's Head

KC was extremely lucky to win that game. 3-0 in turnovers and those were key turnovers. That pass to Hill was really lucky the defender did not make a simple adjustment. Im sure Cleve fans are pissed off. Hey a wins a win but KC played poorly.