WEEK 1 BROWNIES GD THREAD

2 minutes ago, AFCWEST said:

KC was extremely lucky to win that game. 3-0 in turnovers and those were key turnovers. That pass to Hill was really lucky the defender did not make a simple adjustment. Im sure Cleve fans are pissed off. Hey a wins a win but KC played poorly. I did not see much to get excited about. It was ugly. 

36 minutes ago, AFCWEST said:

While I respect your opinion, I will humbly disagree.  To say we are lucky to win this game seems a bit harsh to me.  Have we forgotten how many years it took for the Chiefs to have the kind of player like Mahomes that so many other teams seem to have had over the years?  The amount of times I saw Peyton or Brady lead game winning drives after their teams seemingly didn’t deserve a win…I’ll take it.  Mahomes had a great interview after the game.  Gave credit where credit was due and knows improvement is needed.  He’s a leader and we are lucky to have him, you agree no doubt.  

Edited by Mr Ev
Misspelling

2 hours ago, Calichief said:

Long way to go. 
chargers are going to be a handful.

the raiders offense 

Broncos will be better.

we need our defense to play well this year.

they were clutch at the end 

What I was thinking when I posted that about first seed what that Cleveland and the Chiefs will no doubt meet in the playoffs, and if they are both competing for first seed at that time, the Chiefs would get it because we ended up on top today.

1 hour ago, DefensiveMan said:

Anyone else think CEH missed a bunch of holes today?

Yes d man. He did miss holes. I recall one run where he should have bounced out side and it was wide open. That why I said I wanted to see McKinnon. 
CEH is a good back but would love to see McKinnon and his speed when he hits holes. 
Sure do miss hunt. Love how that guys runs.

42 minutes ago, AFCWEST said:

The best teams win ugly games like that.  I was amazed that we could play a defensive line like the Browns with a brand new O-line containing three rookies and do as well as they did.  We were beaten on the lines but not by that much.  It takes awhile for an O-line to gel, but I have no doubt they will.  It might take several more games, but they will.  They are extremely well coached.

4 minutes ago, Fmbl2187 said:

What I was thinking when I posted that about first seed what that Cleveland and the Chiefs will no doubt meet in the playoffs, and if they are both competing for first seed at that time, the Chiefs would get it because we ended up on top today.

Playoffs?  You kiddin' me?  Don't talk to me about playoffs.

Less than 6% into the season and you want to talk about playoffs.  🙂

22 minutes ago, jetlord said:

Playoffs?  You kiddin' me?  Don't talk to me about playoffs.

Less than 6% into the season and you want to talk about playoffs.  🙂

Winning against a key conference rival in the first game is just as important in Game 1 as it would be late in the seaon.  That is my point.  I could end up to be a key thing, no matter how much season is left.

1 minute ago, Fmbl2187 said:

Winning against a key conference rival in the first game is just as important in Game 1 as it would be late in the seaon.  That is my point.  I could end up to be a key thing, no matter how much season is left.

I thought the Browns had more fire and determination.  They came out firing and sure played a hell of a game.  I thought they’d win this game because of all the build up prior to this weekend.  I’m glad I have Mahomes on my side…

2 hours ago, jetlord said:

Missing Gay and Clark was a big deal, especially against a team with two top RBs.  But HB made the big difference in my opinion.  He gets the DBs in position as well as covering well.  Maybe it would have made a TD difference, maybe not.  We'll see next week. 

I thought Bolton played well. He wraps up very well but I agree, Gay, Clark & HB will make a difference.

1 hour ago, AFCWEST said:

KC was extremely lucky to win that game. 3-0 in turnovers and those were key turnovers. That pass to Hill was really lucky the defender did not make a simple adjustment. Im sure Cleve fans are pissed off. Hey a wins a win but KC played poorly.

There are no simple adjustments on Hill. Just mass confusion and chasing.

51 minutes ago, azchief21 said:

I thought Bolton played well. He wraps up very well but I agree, Gay, Clark & HB will make a difference.

Bolton made some very good plays, but also played like a rookie at times.  He'll learn.  Was anyone more worthless than Neiman?  He's not even close to covering anyone as far as I could tell.  Also, I've been on the "replace Ward" for over a year.  Today reinforced that feeling. 

2 hours ago, Fmbl2187 said:

Agree.  Every game counts the same and winning against contenders is more important.  It just seemed a little early to talk playoff implications just after squeaking by in the opening game.  I usually wait until about game three before doing it.  🙂