Brown Jr looks like trash

4 minutes ago, Biggjliv4 said:

Are you implying the room should measure a man on more than just 1 game? Blasphemy 

Are you implying the room should measure a man on more than just 1 game? Blasphemy 

Yes I Am

Yes I Am

Yes I Am

He's been selected to two pro bowls out of three years playing, and his dad was a legend.  He is huge and smart.  Just because he protected on the right side a very mobile QB who could be a RB doesn't mean he can't protect anyone else. I just think this is way premature.  As others have said, let the line gel.  No one has any idea what he can do until then.  This thread is just ridiculous.

37 minutes ago, azchief21 said:

The title of this thread may be a little harsh after one game in a new system with an entirely new line that includes 3 rooks.

And only gave up 1 sack to the top DE in the league. Pushed him around the hoop all game. The sack that was given up was more on Mahomes dropping way too deep. 

3 hours ago, artsy said:

Uhhh, because Brown can't modify his?? Brown is a road grader, not a finesse tackle. Soooo, it seems easier IMO to have mahomes shorten his drops, than try to have Brown do something he can't physically do.

If you bring in a guy via trade at such an important position, and you expect your all world QB to adjust to him as opposed to the other way around, that's god awful management of the roster.  Expecting Mahomes to become a 3 step drop guy to accommodate a new tackle literally takes a big part of what makes Mahomes so special.  There's no way that Andy Reid has that in his long term plan, and no way would they have made the deal to bring in Brown is they thought that was the best way to handle him.  

Brown was bad yesterday.  It doesn't matter how big or small a QB's drop is if the tackle can't even put a finger on the pass rusher before he blows by him.  I'm not panicking yet, as it was the first game, against some defensive talent, but after the story of camp with Brown struggling against a speed rush, and then this game, if this becomes a trend, I'll be very leery of giving him the huge contract that he wants.  Struggling against a speed rush is a good way to get a QB hurt.  Hopefully he gets it figured out. 

55 minutes ago, moons314 said:

If you bring in a guy via trade at such an important position, and you expect your all world QB to adjust to him as opposed to the other way around, that's god awful management of the roster.  Expecting Mahomes to become a 3 step drop guy to accommodate a new tackle literally takes a big part of what makes Mahomes so special.  There's no way that Andy Reid has that in his long term plan, and no way would they have made the deal to bring in Brown is they thought that was the best way to handle him.  

Brown was bad yesterday.  It doesn't matter how big or small a QB's drop is if the tackle can't even put a finger on the pass rusher before he blows by him.  I'm not panicking yet, as it was the first game, against some defensive talent, but after the story of camp with Brown struggling against a speed rush, and then this game, if this becomes a trend, I'll be very leery of giving him the huge contract that he wants.  Struggling against a speed rush is a good way to get a QB hurt.  Hopefully he gets it figured out. 

He wasn’t bad. He was average. One game. Mahomes ran right into one of those sacks. 

1 minute ago, DieHard said:

Those who wanted rid of Fisher got their wish. He will not be as good against the pass as Fisher but he will be fine. We didn’t have much choice but to make the trade. It was a good move. 

There were lots of other avenues that could have been pursued. Several teams replaced their LT. I will root for Brown but this team is getting top heavy in salaries plus loss of picks.  Paying Brown vs Matheu or other contract years approaching. Signing a free agent is better than trading picks and paying BIG. See Frank Clark.

3 minutes ago, AFCWEST said:

There were lots of other avenues that could have been pursued. Several teams replaced their LT. I will root for Brown but this team is getting top heavy in salaries plus loss of picks.  Paying Brown vs Matheu or other contract years approaching. Signing a free agent is better than trading picks and paying BIG. See Frank Clark.

Who did you want?

1 hour ago, DieHard said:

Who did you want?

I dont know enough to say get this guy or that guy. I trust Kc decisions are way better than my BS. There were more options. Maybe even more trade options. None of us know. I simply object to picks and then big contracts. They could have kept the pick and drafted a guy. To say there were no other options is simply not the case.

2 hours ago, moons314 said:

If it turns out to be a long lasting or permanent problem, at least we got him on a short contract that can be not renewed.  Not a big risk.  I've got an idea.  Let's see what actually happens over the course of the season. A road grader is not necessarily a bad thing. We just adjust strategies against teams with great speed rushers.  Our coaches and Mahomes are capable of all kinds of different strategies for different teams. Beating Cleveland by 4 points, a team desperate to get payback, hardly seems like a cause for great concern at this point.  Hell, reading this stuff , one would think we lost 45-10.

17 minutes ago, Palangi said:

I guess Reid and Mahomes have a different take than some of you guys. 
https://www.arrowheadpride.com/2021/9/13/22671546/reid-mahomes-praise-debut-of-new-chiefs-offensive-line

What do you think they would say? Oline played fine but what KC says publicly is always class vs objective.

12 minutes ago, AFCWEST said:

What do you think they would say? Oline played fine but what KC says publicly is always class vs objective.

They have things to work on.

It was their first game as a unit. The communication will get better

they will continue to learn the offense and grow as the season goes along  

there are plenty of things he could have said, but he didn’t. Seemed pleased with them and singled out the two tackles too. But hey you continue to stick to your story  

Creed had 41 pass blocking attempts with 0 qb hurries or hits given up. Thuney did fine and Smith was good

Glad to see Niang do well for almost 2 years since last playing. Brown will be fine and not always go against the top or one of the best DE either in the NFL. Imagine LDT, Reiter at C, whoever we had at LG and Fisher in this game. Then say we would have been better off.

If by mid season Brown still looks uneven and getting beat by lesser talent than Myles Garrett I would say we can seriously question the trade. But after week 1? In a new system? Against Myles Garrett and Clowney? 

I think it's a tad premature to make any definitive statements concerning Brown's abilities.

12 hours ago, AFCWEST said:

I dont know enough to say get this guy or that guy. I trust Kc decisions are way better than my BS. There were more options. Maybe even more trade options. None of us know. I simply object to picks and then big contracts. They could have kept the pick and drafted a guy. To say there were no other options is simply not the case.

I was routing for the LT out of Pittsburg ..Villanueva but seeing as the off season went on and nobody wanted him and now he's Balt's RT I guess he wasn't that good after all.

to say a move is wrong with no preferable option provided is just whining.. you dont even have a draft pick named you would of preferred.. you got nothing

12 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

I was routing for the LT out of Pittsburg ..Villanueva but seeing as the off season went on and nobody wanted him and now he's Balt's RT I guess he wasn't that good after all.

to say a move is wrong with no preferable option provided is just whining.. you dont even have a draft pick named you would of preferred.. you got nothing

The difference is I dont and I get that. Im just a fan. To say KC had no other choices is wrong. I did not say the move was wrong. I said I dont like it. Even if Brown plays great, and I hope he does, its still not a move I like. Here is the critical point. Who gives a shit what I think? You can prove my points wrong all day long. Not difficult. Last time I checked nobody on this forum is consulted by KC.  Nobody on this board knows what conversations KC is having about who, what, when why or  how. Im not whining. I just gave my worthless opinion. 

Final Point. I did not say he played poorly Sunday. That was never my point.