Brown Jr looks like trash

40 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

I was routing for the LT out of Pittsburg ..Villanueva but seeing as the off season went on and nobody wanted him and now he's Balt's RT I guess he wasn't that good after all.

to say a move is wrong with no preferable option provided is just whining.. you dont even have a draft pick named you would of preferred.. you got nothing

According to PFF, Villanueva allowed three sacks in 2020, finishing with a pass-blocking grade of 77.1, a run-blocking grade of 60.9, and an overall grade of 74.6. He finished out as the 28th-ranked OT in the NFL, three spots behind Brown at 25.

7 minutes ago, Handswarmer said:

According to PFF, Villanueva allowed three sacks in 2020, finishing with a pass-blocking grade of 77.1, a run-blocking grade of 60.9, and an overall grade of 74.6. He finished out as the 28th-ranked OT in the NFL, three spots behind Brown at 25.

He looked really bad last night at RT against the Raiders. So there is that.

5 minutes ago, Handswarmer said:

Plus 24 v. 32 years old at the time of the trade. A guy on his way up or a guy on his way down. 

6 minutes ago, Handswarmer said:

the fact is no one wanted V as a LT at any price so he had to take a RT position or not play. My assessment of the guy  evidently was not what the Chiefs' was. Being an ex Ranger I was pulling for the guy & thought he would of been a nice inexpensive 2 year option

50 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

I was routing for the LT out of Pittsburg ..Villanueva but seeing as the off season went on and nobody wanted him and now he's Balt's RT I guess he wasn't that good after all.

to say a move is wrong with no preferable option provided is just whining.. you dont even have a draft pick named you would of preferred.. you got nothing

I think it was a matter of cost at his age. Looking at last year he was still solid but he'll be regressing whereas a guy like Brown will likely get better. The staff probably wanted the flexibility of an extension as a definite answer at LT for the next 6 years as opposed to a proven commodity who'll have to be replaced soon. 

I just watched some highlights and focused on Brown. He wasn't that bad. I think some of us (myself included) were focusing on a few plays later in the game.

There were times Garrett's speed beat him, but he did just enough to allow Patrick to get the ball off. It also helped that Patrick released the pass so fast at times. There were  times were he actually handled Garrett one on one with no help, that's encouraging.

He seems a little stronger than Fisher was. Once he's in good position and get his hands right, he really overpowered Garrett a few times. 

I feel better about Brown now. 

1 hour ago, qnet said:

I just watched some highlights and focused on Brown. He wasn't that bad. I think some of us (myself included) were focusing on a few plays later in the game.

There were times Garrett's speed beat him, but he did just enough to allow Patrick to get the ball off. It also helped that Patrick released the pass so fast at times. There were  times were he actually handled Garrett one on one with no help, that's encouraging.

He seems a little stronger than Fisher was. Once he's in good position and get his hands right, he really overpowered Garrett a few times. 

I feel better about Brown now. 

Yeah I thought brown played fine. Can definitely get better but when you think who he went against I thought he did fine. He stone walled Garrett any time he tried an inside move 

Top rookie: G Trey Smith

Smith had a pass block win rate of 100%. His run block win rate of 68.8% was in the middle of the pack for starting guards, but still impressive enough for a sixth-round pick making his first NFL start. At the very least, Smith validated the Chiefs' decision to put him in the starting lineup. -- Adam Teicher

16 hours ago, Palangi said:

They have things to work on.

It was their first game as a unit. The communication will get better

they will continue to learn the offense and grow as the season goes along  

there are plenty of things he could have said, but he didn’t. Seemed pleased with them and singled out the two tackles too. But hey you continue to stick to your story  

Its more than "sticking to a story". Its not about propaganda or pleasing fans. They are coaches and mentors.  They are there to encourage and support their players, not just teach them.  A manager or boss of any kind better do that or they will fail...in any business. Reid says only enough.  That is his style, and it is a good one. He who talks least talks best. I wish I could do that.

2 minutes ago, Fmbl2187 said:

Its more than "sticking to a story". Its not about propaganda or pleasing fans. They are coaches and mentors.  They are there to encourage and support their players, not just teach them.  A manager or boss of any kind better do that or they will fail...in any business. Reid says only enough.  That is his style, and it is a good one. He who talks least talks best. I wish I could do that.

ME TOO !!!!!!!!!!!

I know a lot of you don't care about PFF and I agree it needs work but here are week 1 grades:

Brown:  55.9, 65 snaps with o penalties and 1 sack allowed

Thunley:  60, 65 snaps with 2 penalties and 0 sacks allowed

Creed:  68.6, 65 snaps with 1 penalty and o sacks allowed

Smith:  56.1, 65 snaps with 0 penalties and 0 sacks allowed

Niang:  59.4, 65 snaps with 1 penalty and 1 sack allowed

Gotta say it......Trent Williams was the highest rated tackle week 1 with a grade of 92!  Lots of money and his age but man he is good!

I still believe we got a STEAL with Bolton and Creed with our 2nd round picks.  This makes the Brown trade good no matter if he turns out to be a stud and is in KC for 10+ years or he busts and we let him walk after this season.

Worst case we get a 3rd comp pick OR Veach tags and trades him for 2nd round value like what we paid for him.

Best case he is a stud and he stays in KC for 10+ years

Like I said before the season started..(info based on TC and Preseason) Brown struggles with speed rushers. Garret was lining up extremely wide to make it even harder for Brown to reach him.

Brown has been getting whipped since I saw him at training camp with the speed rushers. I don't know if "gelling" with the oline is gonna fix that. His lateral movement and footwork is not there. It wasn't in Baltimore, it wasn't in Training Camp and it wasn't yesterday.

However, what we do know is that once he gets his hands on the DE, it's over. Sooo, with that being said, "MAYBE", Pat can adjust his dropbacks so that Brown has a better chance at winning his battles. 

Some keep saying it was Garret's elite play causing Brown to struggle...Maybe. But I saw Brown struggling in camp with waaaaay lesser talent.

2 hours ago, Balto said:

I know a lot of you don't care about PFF and I agree it needs work but here are week 1 grades:

Brown:  55.9, 65 snaps with o penalties and 1 sack allowed

Thunley:  60, 65 snaps with 2 penalties and 0 sacks allowed

Creed:  68.6, 65 snaps with 1 penalty and o sacks allowed

Smith:  56.1, 65 snaps with 0 penalties and 0 sacks allowed

Niang:  59.4, 65 snaps with 1 penalty and 1 sack allowed

Gotta say it......Trent Williams was the highest rated tackle week 1 with a grade of 92!  Lots of money and his age but man he is good!

My question is:  what is his composite grade against Myles Garrett? And with a new team with a different system, working with 3 rookies, and playing in 91 degree heat?  And with only 5 or 6 games  under his belt at that position?

If he doesn't improve a lot over the season I really hope Veach and Reid admit to themselves he isn't the answer at LT.  He will want at least top 5 pay and he isn't worth that by a mile right now.  Top 5 money for a LT should be able to handle a top 5 DE there shouldn't be any discussion on that.  I truly hope he improves and can be our LT for the next 10 years but he needs work on dealing with speed rushers.

Sure is a lot is bitching about the guy, but not seeing many alternative suggestions about what KC could have done about LT instead? They gave a hard go at making Peters the highest paid LT in history and it didn't pan out.  Seems like a really solid plan B to me and it's only game 1.  Anyone in the draft at that spot who could immediately step in at LT to protect 15 blindside? Didn't really see any myself, but I bet had we went that route there would be even more bitching about how a rookie got owned by an elite DE.

Maybe reserve crusifying the guy until game 8?

1 minute ago, Biggjliv4 said:

Sure is a lot is bitching about the guy, but not seeing many alternative suggestions about what KC could have done about LT instead? They gave a hard go at making Peters the highest paid LT in history and it didn't pan out.  Seems like a really solid plan B to me and it's only game 1.  Anyone in the draft at that spot who could immediately step in at LT to protect 15 blindside? Didn't really see any myself, but I bet had we went that route there would be even more bitching about how a rookie got owned by an elite DE.

And then what??

I think they (Veech) knew what they were getting in Brown...hence no deal yet. I believe it will be up to Mahomes if Brown gets a new deal. If Mahomes can shorten his drops and cover up Browns flaws, then we'll resign him...Just my .02.

17 minutes ago, artsy said:

And then what??

I think they (Veech) knew what they were getting in Brown...hence no deal yet. I believe it will be up to Mahomes if Brown gets a new deal. If Mahomes can shorten his drops and cover up Browns flaws, then we'll resign him...Just my .02.

So Brown gave up 1 sack?  And everyone here wants to get all over this guy in a new system?  Some of the complaints in this place are...well..... STUPID!  Does everyone remeber what you all said about Eric Fisher his first, second, third year???  Eveyone wanted to run his ass out of town too!  The fact is we won a game, and it takes a while for a line to gel.  PERIOD!  Give the kid sometime to adjust and be taught.  If you had told me we were gonna get a LT that was going to give up one sack on 36 drop backs in his like 5th game at LT and playing his first game in a new system, oh by the way against one of the best pass rushers in the league.  I would of said SIGN HIM NOW!!!!!!!!!!  The guys on the other side get paid too, and in case you missed it, Garret is pretty damn good.  Sure he wasn't perfect, never expected him to be.  We don't need him to be perfect in game one, we need him to be perfect in game 18, 19, and 20.  I'd rather he make the mistakes now than in those games.

stripes lighten GIF