Brown Jr looks like trash

1 hour ago, Spfdchiefsfan said:

So Brown gave up 1 sack?  And everyone here wants to get all over this guy in a new system?  Some of the complaints in this place are...well..... STUPID!  Does everyone remeber what you all said about Eric Fisher his first, second, third year???  Eveyone wanted to run his ass out of town too!  The fact is we won a game, and it takes a while for a line to gel.  PERIOD!  Give the kid sometime to adjust and be taught.  If you had told me we were gonna get a LT that was going to give up one sack on 36 drop backs in his like 5th game at LT and playing his first game in a new system, oh by the way against one of the best pass rushers in the league.  I would of said SIGN HIM NOW!!!!!!!!!!  The guys on the other side get paid too, and in case you missed it, Garret is pretty damn good.  Sure he wasn't perfect, never expected him to be.  We don't need him to be perfect in game one, we need him to be perfect in game 18, 19, and 20.  I'd rather he make the mistakes now than in those games.

stripes lighten GIF

pin this at the top of this thread.....nothing more to say!

Brown is a monster who can run block and protect inside rushes.  His footwork is too slow to be as effective against wide rushes but as long as Mahomes knows that's the only route the rush is coming from, he'll be okay.  Will Brown get better against the speed rushers?  Probably not that much.  He just isn't that athletic.  The Chiefs have all season to evaluate him and even then can franchise him while deciding on a successor if needed.  We need to relax a bit until at least mid season to make a "trash" judgement.  JMHO

58 minutes ago, jetlord said:

Brown is a monster who can run block and protect inside rushes.  His footwork is too slow to be as effective against wide rushes but as long as Mahomes knows that's the only route the rush is coming from, he'll be okay.  Will Brown get better against the speed rushers?  Probably not that much.  He just isn't that athletic.  The Chiefs have all season to evaluate him and even then can franchise him while deciding on a successor if needed.  We need to relax a bit until at least mid season to make a "trash" judgement.  JMHO

Exactly! 

3 hours ago, Spfdchiefsfan said:

So Brown gave up 1 sack?  And everyone here wants to get all over this guy in a new system?  Some of the complaints in this place are...well..... STUPID!  Does everyone remeber what you all said about Eric Fisher his first, second, third year???  Eveyone wanted to run his ass out of town too!  The fact is we won a game, and it takes a while for a line to gel.  PERIOD!  Give the kid sometime to adjust and be taught.  If you had told me we were gonna get a LT that was going to give up one sack on 36 drop backs in his like 5th game at LT and playing his first game in a new system, oh by the way against one of the best pass rushers in the league.  I would of said SIGN HIM NOW!!!!!!!!!!  The guys on the other side get paid too, and in case you missed it, Garret is pretty damn good.  Sure he wasn't perfect, never expected him to be.  We don't need him to be perfect in game one, we need him to be perfect in game 18, 19, and 20.  I'd rather he make the mistakes now than in those games.

stripes lighten GIF

Eggs  Actly

On 9/14/2021 at 6:17 AM, Handswarmer said:

According to PFF, Villanueva allowed three sacks in 2020, finishing with a pass-blocking grade of 77.1, a run-blocking grade of 60.9, and an overall grade of 74.6. He finished out as the 28th-ranked OT in the NFL, three spots behind Brown at 25.

Villanueva week 1:  44.3 OUCH

Stanley week 1:  48.9 double ouch

Maybe you should of traded Stanley not Brown 

20 hours ago, Spfdchiefsfan said:

stripes lighten GIF

Everyone? I dont see everyone all over this guy. Just some discussion and several in full support. 

Fun fact, Brown is left handed. That bodes well for him at LT imo. Moving through guy around and away from the QBs blind side with the dominant hand is nice. Give him time, I think he does well now and will get even better in this offense.  Read about more of him here in this ESPN article.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/32174214/a-promise-father-why-orlando-brown-left-ravens-chiefs

29 minutes ago, sith13 said:

Brown likely deserves more emphasis this season than most other players. He's an extension candidate and even though we are not the ones deciding it's definitely something great to argue about. The same goes for Clark's possible departure as well. 

Possible? unless he becomes the NFLDPOTY he's F'n gone or The Chief's salary wise are cooked

25 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

Possible? unless he becomes the NFLDPOTY he's F'n gone or The Chief's salary wise are cooked

IMO he's definitely leaving. Just wanted to point out that due to his contract he'll get more emphasis than others and probably singled out a lot more often.

https://www.arrowheadpride.com/2021/9/16/22676381/chiefs-orlando-brown-jr-on-week-1-vs-browns-i-have-to-play-betterravens-homecoming-zeus-nfl

Left tackle Orlando Brown Jr. has excellent offensive line play in his name — literally. His father was a starting right tackle for nine seasons in the NFL. As a result, high expectations are placed on Junior. Even while he transitions to the left side from playing right tackle for most of his three NFL seasons, there are sky-high expectations for him right out of the gate in 2021.

So when he surrendered a career-high five pressures — including a quarterback hit and a sack — in Week 1, it was disappointing for Chiefs fans. The encouraging thing is Brown feels the same way you do.

“Flat out — I have to play better,” he told reporters during a press conference on Wednesday. “I’m here to dominate no matter who I’m going against or whatever the circumstance is. I have to play better, and I will.”

It’s the best answer you can expect from a player at that moment. Brown could have mentioned how he’s still adjusting to more of a pass-heavy offense than the run-reliant scheme he ran with the Baltimore Ravens. He could have mentioned the fact that he faced Myles Garrett — one of the best defensive players in the NFL.

Brown instead held himself to a higher standard — and moved forward by explaining how constant the dialogue is between him and quarterback Patrick Mahomes. The underlying message is that his play will improve the more communication he has with his signal-caller.

Ronnie Stanley, LT

The marriage between the Baltimore Ravens and Orlando Brown Jr. never had to turn sour. The only problem was that there was a third party that kept Brown from becoming a long-standing legend with the same franchise that his father also manned the front line for so long with such excellence. Instead of following in dad’s footsteps, Ronnie Stanley was already the subject of the Ravens’ affections. Given the costs, and Browns’ positional demands to play the left side, there was no way forward for both parties.

We all know how that turned out. In fact, it’s a major storyline heading into the weekend—Brown facing his former employers—as the Chiefs now appreciate the presence of Brown on the left side themselves.

But it turns out that the Ravens are still waiting for their own left tackle to return to form. Stanley went down with a season-ending ankle injury last season that required surgery and significant rehab. Stanley struggled in Week 1 and the Ravens kept him out of practice on Wednesday in order to help accelerate that process (and not aggravate anything in the meantime). However, a new report has surfaced saying the Ravens are now backing him off even further.

The truth is that the Ravens had a hard time keeping Lamar Jackson upright or unhurried all night against the Las Vegas Raiders in Week 1, and Chris Jones must be licking his chops at the thought of Alejandro Villanueva as the best offensive tackle in play. Frank Clark also returns at the right time himself.

3 hours ago, AFCWEST said:

Ronnie Stanley, LT

The marriage between the Baltimore Ravens and Orlando Brown Jr. never had to turn sour. The only problem was that there was a third party that kept Brown from becoming a long-standing legend with the same franchise that his father also manned the front line for so long with such excellence. Instead of following in dad’s footsteps, Ronnie Stanley was already the subject of the Ravens’ affections. Given the costs, and Browns’ positional demands to play the left side, there was no way forward for both parties.

We all know how that turned out. In fact, it’s a major storyline heading into the weekend—Brown facing his former employers—as the Chiefs now appreciate the presence of Brown on the left side themselves.

But it turns out that the Ravens are still waiting for their own left tackle to return to form. Stanley went down with a season-ending ankle injury last season that required surgery and significant rehab. Stanley struggled in Week 1 and the Ravens kept him out of practice on Wednesday in order to help accelerate that process (and not aggravate anything in the meantime). However, a new report has surfaced saying the Ravens are now backing him off even further.

The truth is that the Ravens had a hard time keeping Lamar Jackson upright or unhurried all night against the Las Vegas Raiders in Week 1, and Chris Jones must be licking his chops at the thought of Alejandro Villanueva as the best offensive tackle in play. Frank Clark also returns at the right time himself.

Go look at when Stanley got his extension; coming off a Stellar season when he allowed 6 total Pressures and zero sacks.

Nobody thought Brown was better than Stanley.

Brown's father had no issues playing RT; I am not sure of the veracity of the report....

8 hours ago, oldtimer said:

Lot of dead money to eat after this year. Close to 13 million. They'd save a bit more than that.  But after next season they'd clear 21 million with just a 6 million dollar dead cap hit. 

But if they did cut him after this year they could save 21 mill between his release and Hitchens release. And we will need it with Pats contract becoming more prohibitive.