Thoughts on the game

2 hours ago, reesebobby said:

I'm not saying that they never do it.  All teams at all levels make adjustments.  But Kareem Hunt is probably not a good example.  

I think we know that behind the scenes that Andy is loyal.  Probably to a fault.  I think we know that he is a players coach.  I think we know he doesn't get pissed or shitty with people.  I think we know that getting pissed and rolling heads is not his style. 

You think we are going to replace Hitchens after 1 game?  Brown Jr? CEH? Who are we gonna replace these guys with?  People on this board were losing their shit about Chris Jones' FIRST HALF of the FIRST GAME.  I think the chances of wholesale change based on that first game are much less than no change at all.  

McKinnon looked like the best back on the roster by far in the preseason, yet he goes zero touches, thats a good place to look for dialing back ceh.

this is also why i was NOT a fan of releasing Damien williams

My thoughts.  Similiar to others. 
- run defense needs work ? Did not hear Reeds name once. 
- spags made some halftime adjustments but did browns left tackle who left game help also? 
-Chris Jones is awesome. Making plays a very crucial points of the game. 
- McKinnon needs to be involved more. 
-Reid and mahomes made halftime adjustments and dinked and dunked in the second half. Loved it. Safeties playing way back and it’s there for us to take. Like romo said patience. Hopefully more to come. 
- Reid still trying trick plays close to the end zone. Let’s line up and run the damn ball. What is it going to take? Do we need better lineman? RB? 
anyways good comeback win. 

2 hours ago, Lamardirts said:

I think Spags was more worried about their running the ball than blitzing Mayfield.  

The Browns have top units on the line.  Possibly top 3.   I think did pretty well considering the Oline is new and we missed Gay, HB, and Clark.    The Oline will get better and the D will too once those guys return.  

I agree it was a quality win and I think this game was a way bigger deal for the Browns than us.

I dont know who has a better offensive line than them. And I completely agree Spags was hesitant to blitz for this reason. If they don't get home (and may not with that line), then you've got trouble on the back end and 3 starters out. 

Baker being active would give us a 4th talented player on the field who wasn't yesterday. 

For some reason every staff has a love affair with a couple players who just don't earn it on the field. DRob, Niemann, Ward, etc. Not saying Ward isn't an NFL caliber corner. But he needs to be lower on the depth chart than he is. He just doesn't have the ball skills to consistently make plays. 

And this team needs to find another WR option quickly. Watkins prevented defenses from being able to double Kelce and Hill every play. We don't have that threat now. 

42 minutes ago, CranjisMcbasketball said:

McKinnon looked like the best back on the roster by far in the preseason, yet he goes zero touches, thats a good place to look for dialing back ceh.

this is also why i was NOT a fan of releasing Damien williams

Why would you want to "dial back" CEH? How is he going to get into rhythm with LESS touches? How is he going to justify the pick everyone say was wasted on him with LESS touches? The dude got 14 carries yesterday. Your solution is to give him even less than that?

The reason this kid hasn't busted out isn't because the Chiefs were wrong about him when they evaluated him pre draft. It's because we have a head coach who just flat loves throwing the ball. Reid had games where he did this with Jamaal fucking Charles. 

When CEH starts getting fed, the kid will eat. Mark my words. He has a chance to be a hell of a weapon for us. And make defenses respect a run game that will open up the passing game more. It's on Reid to figure this out. History says he won't. 

I saw something (one of the post game shows) that graded out the "rookies" as very good.  Something like 1 pressure....

I did look at some of the replays and most of the time I saw Humphrey laying on a defender or hugging Chiefs in the End Zone.

w

8 minutes ago, West said:

I saw something (one of the post game shows) that graded out the "rookies" as very good.  Something like 1 pressure....

I did look at some of the replays and most of the time I saw Humphrey laying on a defender or hugging Chiefs in the End Zone.

w

Only heard Smiths name once for a false start and nothing on Humphrey so that's usually good news. 

1 hour ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

And this team needs to find another WR option quickly. Watkins prevented defenses from being able to double Kelce and Hill every play. We don't have that threat now. 

Nearly 400 yards.  Three TD passes.  33 points.  Ball control on short game in the third quarter.  Do the Chiefs really need another stud receiver?  Sure, another weapon would be nice, but how many target would he get?  Defenses can't cover what the Chiefs have now.  

Just now, jetlord said:

Nearly 400 yards.  Three TD passes.  33 points.  Ball control on short game in the third quarter.  Do the Chiefs really need another stud receiver?  Sure, another weapon would be nice, but how many target would he get?  Defenses can't cover what the Chiefs have now.  

Agree unless Hill goes down. 

10 minutes ago, DieHard said:

My biggest take away was we won. O line will continually get better and the D was missing 3 starters so they will be better especially with the Honey Badger. Not a great game by CEH but I am not to concerned. 

Love a win for sure. I actually think Cleve gave KC this game more than Kc won it.