Week 2 Discussion: KC hits the road.. And heads to baltimore

Comparing our 1st round RB with the Ravens' 1st round RB makes me sad, the scouting team should do a better job. 

I know the Raiders are supposed to be moving in the right direction but watching the Ravens lose so lame with no offense when needed makes me think this week will be even easier than the Browns. 

6 hours ago, sith13 said:

Comparing our 1st round RB with the Ravens' 1st round RB makes me sad, the scouting team should do a better job. 

I know the Raiders are supposed to be moving in the right direction but watching the Ravens lose so lame with no offense when needed makes me think this week will be even easier than the Browns. 

Curious of how the other RBs we could have taken over CEH has done so far. To compare him to a guy 2 years later and call out our scouting is apples to oranges. 

1 hour ago, kkuenn said:

Curious of how the other RBs we could have taken over CEH has done so far. To compare him to a guy 2 years later and call out our scouting is apples to oranges. 

Yea, something is "up" with CEH. He looked more patient and shifty early last year. Now he's just running straight ahead with his head down bracing for hit, it seems. He's really missing big running lanes and leaving yards on the field.

Hopefully he's not mentally damaged goods from a rough oline last year..

8 hours ago, sith13 said:

No offense? Hmmmm

didnt the ravens have a bit earlier pick ;)..

oh ... yeah anyway.. 

lets see how this goes.. thinking kc gets the job done.. 

and it looks a bit easier .. than it did against the browns.. 

CJ .....  has learned he can completely take over a game.. 

he was good before.. but.. theres something different about him.. 

anyway.. back to the other things.. 

lets see what the defense can do.. lets see how the offensive line holds up. 

and lets see who else catches the ball other than hill or kelce.. 

11 hours ago, sith13 said:

makes me think this week will be even easier than the Browns. 

Game should be easier, but home field will be a factor for both teams.  The Brown were motivated and came out firing, but the dirty birds could also have a chip on the shoulder after failing against the Chiefs so often.  Don't throw rocks at me, but if Clark is back and can play near 100%, the run defense will be much improved.  

6 hours ago, jetlord said:

Game should be easier, but home field will be a factor for both teams.  The Brown were motivated and came out firing, but the dirty birds could also have a chip on the shoulder after failing against the Chiefs so often.  Don't throw rocks at me, but if Clark is back and can play near 100%, the run defense will be much improved.  

Clarks is nowhere near worth his salary. However he's a clear upgrade to what we have replacing him. I think it'll be a major upgrade to the DL and he can actually set the edge against the run. Considering that he'll be released as things currently stand I think he'll play this season with a chip on his shoulder. I remember his contract season in Seattle, we could see something very similar. 

10 hours ago, artsy said:

Yea, something is "up" with CEH. He looked more patient and shifty early last year. Now he's just running straight ahead with his head down bracing for hit, it seems. He's really missing big running lanes and leaving yards on the field.

Hopefully he's not mentally damaged goods from a rough oline last year..

How many running lanes can a guy miss when he's had 14 carries on the year? 

Do you sit there and yell at your microwave while it's heating your food? " It's been 47 god damn seconds! How is this not ready yet? "

2 hours ago, Balto said:

Ravens are by far the worst team in the NFL and this will be our easiest game of the year.  If the Ravens were smart they would package LJ+picks and send them to Houston for Watson before LJ's value drops to low.

42-13 Chiefs

I doubt that ends up being true.  Like highly doubt it.

2 hours ago, Balto said:

Ravens are by far the worst team in the NFL and this will be our easiest game of the year.  If the Ravens were smart they would package LJ+picks and send them to Houston for Watson before LJ's value drops to low.

42-13 Chiefs

if your wrong are you willing to leave and save us the embarrassment of watching Hands beavis and butthead 90s GIF?

40 minutes ago, AFCWEST said:

The #Raiders, I'm told, have filed a complaint with the league about all the dirty hits on receiver Hunter Renfrow in Monday night's game. Patrick Queen was called for one, but the Raiders compiled video of several after-the-play and away-from-the ball hits.

Pot, meet kettle.

16 hours ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

How many running lanes can a guy miss when he's had 14 carries on the year? 

Do you sit there and yell at your microwave while it's heating your food? " It's been 47 god damn seconds! How is this not ready yet? "

I do and then bitch while it continues to ding and tell me it is done. What a cunt....

BAL.png

NFL Insider Jason La Canfora reports the Ravens are "preparing" to be without LT Ronnie Stanley (ankle) in Week 2 against the Chiefs.

Veteran free agent pickup Ali Villanueva, who struggled immensely in Week 1, will slide to left tackle with backup Patrick Makari stepping in on the right side of the line; this after LG Tyre Phillips was moved to injured reserve mid-week. Baltimore already struggled to protect Lamar Jackson on Monday night, permitting the league's seventh-highest rate pressure rate while allotting three sacks on as many blitzes. With Chiefs DE Frank Clark practicing in full ahead of Week 2, the Ravens clearly need to make adjustments quickly or watch their season sink down the drain