Week 2 Discussion: KC hits the road.. And heads to baltimore

12 minutes ago, Fmbl2187 said:

My long-winded two cents:

The Chiefs will poke and prod and feel around for what works or what doesn't while they trade scores back and forth. This will give the opponent the delusional idea that they might win, make us fans nervous, and be good for NFL TV ratings.  But in the third and fourth quarter, Mahomes wil be green lighted to break their hearts and backs and then will use the clock to run out the game after getting a two score lead.  The Chiefs will win by one score just to keep flying under the radar a bit and avoid making true enemies out of opposing head coaches and teams.  This typical pattern avoids creating teams that have obsessive burning desires or missions to beat us the next time we face them.  Reid's special tricks will remain in the bag unless absolutely needed, and I don't think they will be needed because of the Ravens' injuries.

This game is just another move in a larger chess match.  Local writers and national bookies make predictions based on a lot of things, but they rarely take into account the psychologic manipulations of great coaches like Reid who play the longer game with the super bowl in mind. The goal is not to break statistical records and make enemies. Merely win the game.

Bil, teams are already doing that and have been playing pedal to the metal against us for two years. Case in point all the 4th downs the Browns went for.  Teams dig deep in the playbook when we're on the docket.  

On 9/17/2021 at 6:55 PM, jetlord said:

Jones, Wharton, Reed, and Clark are a decent front four.  Nnadi, Saunders, and Danna are good backups. 

That raiders dline balling out again. Depth wise we night have it, but the pressure they are bringing so far is stout.

1 hour ago, oldtimer said:

yea they look good. both Donks and Raiders 2-0..hate to be tied for 2nd at 1-1

Meh donkeys played possibly the 2 worst non Texans teams in the league.

Raiders are still the Raiders.  Beating those depleted Ravens and Steelers olines don't show me much.

Expect them to keep rolling though.  The party continues next week with the Jets and a QBless Fins team.

On 9/17/2021 at 11:35 AM, jetlord said:

I'd take the Chiefs front over the Raiders at this point.  Jones is one of the elite.  Clark is overpaid, but plays the run well and is still a sack threat.  Wharton and Saunders made some plays Sunday and are very strong.  Nnadi is pretty much run defense and Danna hasn't shown much special.  Kaindoh isn't ready for the NFL.  The Chiefs can mix and match a potent rush, especially against the Ravens decimated line.  Clark or Jones against Villanueve?  Could get ugly for the Ravens.  If the Chiefs can contain LJ8 runs, they might hold the Raven to less than 25.  How do the Ravens hold the Chiefs under 30 with all their injuries?  It's puzzling why the spread opened at 3.5 and hasn't changed all week with the injury reports. 

Still think so?

15 hours ago, xen said:

Raiders are still the Raiders.  Beating those depleted Ravens and Steelers olines don't show me much.

Expect them to keep rolling though.  The party continues next week with the Jets and a QBless Fins team.

You gotta give then some credit if you actually watched. The raiders offense is clicking. And they are getting after qb. Crosby is a stud. 
doesn’t mean they are actually better than us. 

19 minutes ago, Calichief said:

You gotta give then some credit if you actually watched. The raiders offense is clicking. And they are getting after qb. Crosby is a stud. 
doesn’t mean they are actually better than us. 

yea at the end of the day ( channeling my inner EB)a win is a win  and right now they are in first and we are in 2nd place. I suspect we'll be 1-1 with the Bolts and Dirts this year.

17 hours ago, xen said:

except your team couldn't beat the depleted Baltimore oline. Interesting to see what happens vs Pitt.

6 hours ago, Handswarmer said:

except your team couldn't beat the depleted Baltimore oline. Interesting to see what happens vs Pitt.

We beat them like a drum.  What are you talking about?  Thanks to CEH's fumble, we didn't break their hearts at the end.  They broke ours  Anyway, your team is awesome.  LJ is the real deal.  Impossible to deal with...until the next time :lol:

On 9/17/2021 at 11:35 AM, jetlord said:

I'd take the Chiefs front over the Raiders at this point.  Jones is one of the elite.  Clark is overpaid, but plays the run well and is still a sack threat.  Wharton and Saunders made some plays Sunday and are very strong.  Nnadi is pretty much run defense and Danna hasn't shown much special.  Kaindoh isn't ready for the NFL.  The Chiefs can mix and match a potent rush, especially against the Ravens decimated line.  Clark or Jones against Villanueve?  Could get ugly for the Ravens.  If the Chiefs can contain LJ8 runs, they might hold the Raven to less than 25.  How do the Ravens hold the Chiefs under 30 with all their injuries?  It's puzzling why the spread opened at 3.5 and hasn't changed all week with the injury reports. 

Raiders are killing the the opposing qb. Some times you have to acknowledge the other team. Our dline has nothing on theirs.

13 hours ago, Calichief said:

Raiders are killing the the opposing qb. Some times you have to acknowledge the other team. Our dline has nothing on theirs.

Okay, I was mistaken.  It seemed, on paper, that the Chiefs D-line would be a strength.  It certainly hasn't been .  Whether the talent isn't there or it's not being used correctly doesn't matter.  They aren't effective.

5 hours ago, jetlord said:

Okay, I was mistaken.  It seemed, on paper, that the Chiefs D-line would be a strength.  It certainly hasn't been .  Whether the talent isn't there or it's not being used correctly doesn't matter.  They aren't effective.

I was mistaken, too.  Very disappointed.

36 minutes ago, kkuenn said:

Hell, we have been trying for 4 years or so now to fix the d line. Especially when it comes to the run game.

Some of that may be due to the fact that many teams are trying to keep the ball away from all the great young QBs and receivers by building a powerful running game. They are playing "keep away" It sure shows up in the early games with hot weather, because defenses are out there so long  in the warm temperatures compared to the offenses. I think the Chiefs were like those teams before we got Mahomes...actually before we got a ball control QB like Alex Smith.  I would be interested to know what our September records were like during those years.  The cooler it gets, especially as the playoffs come, the bigger the advantage goes to the teams with the best passing games. This is especially true this year for the Chiefs, since our most difficult part of the schedule is in the first third of the season. When you turn the ball back over to your defense four times in one game with turnovers, that  becomes a particularly bad problem for the defense.

6 hours ago, jetlord said:

Max Crosby is Jared Allen 2.0

yannick is re energized