Ravens GDT

Just now, KC Warpaint said:

have teams figured us out?????

Well in what way? I mean they can give mahomes all those plays underneath but we saw how our offense did. 400 yards and 4 tds is not really figuring us out. The defense is where they know they can run on. That has been apparent for 4 years.

Doesn't matter where we line up Chris Jones....He has no help.    Frank Clark is trash.   I don't fault them signing him and he does bring a good mentality that we needed 3 years ago but we messed up not signing Melvin Ingram or even someone like Justin Houston.  Chris needs help and he's not getting any.  That was a make shift line and it was meh which leads me to the next point......

I do have a suspicion though.  Spags game plan was contain which I hate because I really works against the moral of the D.   You can't go all out against LJ you got hard and then fight to maintain your position to force him in the pocket.   It worked last year when we built up a good lead and they could abandon the run but slowed up again before we forced that.

This is the second game in a row were our D looked very Bob Suttonish.  Reactive....very slow and reactive.  Bend don't break bull crap.   Linebackers are unsure and don't hit holes they literally wait for the back to get in the hole which is an automatic 3-4 yard game at best.   Ward just isn't very good and is a liability on the back end.  Niemann is a huge liablity and while Dan does make some good splash plays but he he has lost a step and is easily targeted for easy catches.   

1 minute ago, Lamardirts said:

Doesn't matter where we line up Chris Jones....He has no help.    Frank Clark is trash.   I don't fault them signing him and he does bring a good mentality that we needed 3 years ago but we messed up not signing Melvin Ingram or even someone like Justin Houston.  Chris needs help and he's not getting any.  That was a make shift line and it was meh which leads me to the next point......

I do have a suspicion though.  Spags game plan was contain which I hate because I really works against the moral of the D.   You can't go all out against LJ you got hard and then fight to maintain your position to force him in the pocket.   It worked last year when we built up a good lead and they could abandon the run but slowed up again before we forced that.

This is the second game in a row were our D looked very Bob Suttonish.  Reactive....very slow and reactive.  Bend don't break bull crap.   Linebackers are unsure and don't hit holes they literally wait for the back to get in the hole which is an automatic 3-4 yard game at best.   Ward just isn't very good and is a liability on the back end.  Niemann is a huge liablity and while Dan does make some good splash plays but he he has lost a step and is easily targeted for easy catches.   

Third game in a row. Good post. Good points. 

1 minute ago, AFCWEST said:

I think the roster is getting weaker on the defensive side of the ball.  This may be life as a Chiefs fan going forward. 

I don't think the defense has been really good since the early seasons when Reid coached. We just have an out of this world QB, and they've been good enough at the right times. 

6 minutes ago, Handswarmer said:

Lamar wins!

Credit where credit is due. Confirming what we knew, Lamar is a really good RB and congrats to the Ravens for winning their Super Bowl tonight. They certainly were excited.  I like to go to the Chiefs discussion board after a game. Win or lose. I never run to the opponents discussion board immediately after a game. That seems trollish.

I said, as have others, I cant wait to cut Clark and Hitchens. Use that money to get a FA DE, LB or run stuffing DT. Use our draft where we don't get those FAs at. I bet we probably tag Brown at LT then. If not resigning him will take up the Hitchens and Clark money and we will really need to hit in the draft.

Just now, Lamardirts said:

Agree with all this. Spags hasn't attacked at all. There's a real personnel problem on defense but some of that can be masked by his exotic blitzes and pressuring the qb. I dont understand it. Spags brings the fuckin house. Where has that been. 

On a side note I just decided I'm going to the game next week. It's a huge division game and that place is gonna be rockin. I wanna see us after a wake up call. I bet we kick the Chargers asses. 

2 minutes ago, Lamardirts said:

Geez Dirts...where you been all week? We talked about everything you just said already. No pass rushers, no LBs, Sorenson is a liability in the pass game, HB won't tackle, CEH has some problems with vision.  

1 minute ago, artsy said:

Geez Dirts...where you been all week? We talked about everything you just said already. No pass rushers, no LBs, Sorenson is a liability in the pass game, HB won't tackle, CEH has some problems with vision.  

By the way,  I think O. Brown played better tonight...lol

5 minutes ago, KC Warpaint said:

have teams figured us out?????

I think they have figured out our D.  Our offense scored when need up until the CEH fumble.   The two drives before stalled because of those dumb rpo delayed handoffs out of the shotgun to a slow hesitant back.   That last drive we were in FG range in 3 plays.   I don't think anyone has us figured out.   I think we shoot ourself in the foot.  Andy is soft and doesn't like to put his former assistants down when he can and it hurts the mentality of this team.   CEH isn't a good fit for this team if he isn't being used as a receiver...period.  He's not fast enough or decisive enough in his running to really exploit the D.   Not sure what is going on there but the faster that is acknowledged the better.   

I think this offense is going to have to revert back to 2018 until Gay gets back and Spags gets Ben off the field for good.  Wouldn't hurt to get Baker up to speed because Ward hasn't looked good either.

I think they have figured out our D.  Our offense scored when need up until the CEH fumble.   The two drives before stalled because of those dumb rpo delayed handoffs out of the shotgun to a slow hesitant back.   That last drive we were in FG range in 3 plays.   I don't think anyone has us figured out.   I think we shoot ourself in the foot.  Andy is soft and doesn't like to put his former assistants down when he can and it hurts the mentality of this team.   CEH isn't a good fit for this team if he isn't being used as a receiver...period.  He's not fast enough or decisive enough in his running to really exploit the D.   Not sure what is going on there but the faster that is acknowledged the better.   

I think this offense is going to have to revert back to 2018 until Gay gets back and Spags gets Ben off the field for good.  Wouldn't hurt to get Baker up to speed because Ward hasn't looked good either.

And get thornhill on the damn field 

Just now, Lamardirts said:

I think CEH is not showing receiving skills in practice. Does not seem in sinc. Its just a bad fit and pick. Guy is really short and seems slow.