Ravens GDT

3 minutes ago, artsy said:

Based on how the defense looked...our division is going to be tough.

2 minutes ago, AFCWEST said:

With this D every game will be tough. I think I said 11-6 this year and that may be pushing it. 

2 minutes ago, Calichief said:

If the defense plays like this, everyone will be. Our division built themselves to score.

Agreed 

8 minutes ago, artsy said:

Lol..yes! My wife who knows nothing about football just asked me if all the chiefs' money was tied up in the offense...I said actually YES.

Currently its not.   Frank 26 plus,  HB 19.7 , Hill 16.8, Hitchens 10.6, Jones 8.5 , Kelce 7.6

Frank and Hitchens contracts hurt....a lot.

the picks are history... what he counts against the cap now, is the story. 

and currently he makes quite a bit of money..  aas does hb..  hb though not complaining about.. 

hitchens making more than jones.... is sad. clark making 3 times what jones does is worse.. 

but even cj had a down night tonight. 

12 minutes ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

Agree with all this. Spags hasn't attacked at all. There's a real personnel problem on defense but some of that can be masked by his exotic blitzes and pressuring the qb. I dont understand it. Spags brings the fuckin house. Where has that been. 

On a side note I just decided I'm going to the game next week. It's a huge division game and that place is gonna be rockin. I wanna see us after a wake up call. I bet we kick the Chargers asses. 

I'll be there with my boy and my cousin's family.  I hope we bring it for sure!

Is what it is. We have never been able to stop the run and the off-season was spent protecting pat. Long season, d will be a liability against strong running teams. 

Not going to lose sleep over it. The sky is not falling. Contenders are going to contend, this idea they should just roll over and be an easy win when we walk through the door is insane. Long season ahead and as long as we get into the playoffs then I'll take us in an elimination game every time.

Bring on the chargers...gonna be a tough one as well.

4 minutes ago, robgar said:

the picks are history... what he counts against the cap now, is the story. 

and currently he makes quite a bit of money..  aas does hb..  hb though not complaining about.. 

hitchens making more than jones.... is sad. clark making 3 times what jones does is worse.. 

but even cj had a down night tonight. 

They had jones confused trying to play de against and option team. Mistake. He should have been inside. He got used tonight. Not really his game. 

12 minutes ago, artsy said:

Geez Dirts...where you been all week? We talked about everything you just said already. No pass rushers, no LBs, Sorenson is a liability in the pass game, HB won't tackle, CEH has some problems with vision.  

lol Got home late and had to speed through the first half on gamepass....got caught up mid 3rd and was feeling pretty good....but KC had to go and pull a "rip the defeat from the jaws of victory game on me tonight."   So frustrating.   

Also not saying the refs were the reason we lost but they sure gifted the Ravens some ticky tack calls and I swear the Ravens were offsides twice on that goal line TD drive.  LT and RT on consecutive plays both jumped.   Maybe i'm getting old and seeing things.  Also their LDE was offsides a la Dee Ford without a penalty.  Again not blaming them but they didn't help us at all. 

1 minute ago, Chiefmanzada said:

MaHandtheballoff should have audibled out of that play and kept passing it down their throat. Oh well

We were two hands off away from a Butker chip shot.   Even with little to no gains.   He literally just had to hold onto the ball....thats it and we win the game.   Reminds me of when Phillip Rivers fumbled on Monday Night in FG range.   I know its not entirely his fault for the loss but you have to know the situation and protect that ball.   That is a division game and you have to win those when you have the opportunity.    But yeah Mahomes should have audibled out and passed it.

I dont see why Veach gets a pass. Chiefs ended up over doing it on the oline. Added brown and a big dollar left guard. Sure protect Mahomes. Got it. Now the back ups are maybe the best back up in the league.

Did you notice that the Ravens had two really not great tackles playing and KC could not get pressure. 

Veach had opportunities to bring in some other guys and stuck with this bunch. Nobody knows for sure if Gay or Baker are capable players. Seems the D has a lot of guys that were cut, not drafted or maybe injured. Lots of promise but? This Reid guy was supposed to be special. Hardly. I dont see any Veach draft picks on D that are special. Some may become special. I see lots of below average players on this defense.

3 minutes ago, Lamardirts said:

We were two hands off away from a Butker chip shot.   Even with little to no gains.   He literally just had to hold onto the ball....thats it and we win the game.   Reminds me of when Phillip Rivers fumbled on Monday Night in FG range.   I know its not entirely his fault for the loss but you have to know the situation and protect that ball.   That is a division game and you have to win those when you have the opportunity.    But yeah Mahomes should have audibled out and passed it.

We were at like the 30-35. Needed 1 more big pass play for a chipper. Then run the ball all ya want. 

No biggie though. Chiefs Defense needs an L for this one 

2 minutes ago, AFCWEST said:

I dont see why Veach gets a pass. Chiefs ended up over doing it on the oline. Sure protect Mahomes. Got it. Did you notive that the Ravens had two really not great tackles playing and KC could not get pressure. 

Veach had opportunities to bring in some other guys and stuck with this bunch. Nobody knows for sure if Gay or Baker are capable players. Seems the D has a lot of guys that were cut, not drafted or maybe injured. Lots of promise but? This Reid guy was supposed to be special. Hardly. I dont see any Veach draft picks on D that are special. Some may become special. I see lots of below average players on this defense.

Bolton looking effective. Liking this pick. 

Just gotta find SOMEONE to replace #56 Dirty Ben