Ravens GDT

8 minutes ago, Chiefmanzada said:

Bolton looking effective. Liking this pick. 

Just gotta find SOMEONE to replace #56 Dirty Ben

It's more than that. When it's this bad against the run, it's not just replacing 56. It's scheme, talent, reaction and in the case of getting the ball run down your throat every series, a little pride should show up. 

To put it in perspective.  We ran against light boxed for a whopping 3.4 yards per carry.  They ran against a stacked box for 6.1.   I think its ok to criticize CEH some when street vets are gashing us.   

I truly believe Spags thought a contained rush would win the game and maybe if we were up 3 TD's they would have been forced to pass but he had no answer.  He didn't even try and run blitz or if he did he used useless BN to do it.   

Putrid D.   Hope Spags keeps trotting Ben and Sorensen out there the rest of the season though.

1 minute ago, robgar said:

scheme changes when you get guys in who can play a bit faster, and more sideline to sideline.. 

which allows others to play more downhill. 

I'm not so sure this group of guys couldn't have played better with a more aggressive scheme.   Spags got scared of LJ scrambles and snipped the nuts off his defensive players.   I don't believe they couldn't get more pressure.  I think it was designed as a contained rush.   It's why the backers waited in the holes.   It was designed to force those long sustained drives and in the event of a big lead force them to pass and not scramble.   Problem was he didn't adjust anything just kept Suttoning the crap out of this D.   

I'm going to bed....the more I think about it the more frustrating it is to give a game away like this.   Unacceptable and unnecessary.  Be bold or get the flip out of here.

1 minute ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

Thornhill is superathletic and has good speed. How the fuck is Sorenson getting all the snaps when we go single high?

I mean Thornhill caused the fumble last week and the pass break up.   He tackles better than Sorensen too.  But that's Spags boy like Ben so who knows.   

Just now, Iluvhouse24 said:

Thornhill is superathletic and has good speed. How the fuck is Sorenson getting all the snaps when we go single high?

Exactly!! I just don't get it. And I'm tired of Ward! Baker was not even active? No taco, no ward? That equals no freaking pass rush!

Dana and Okafor sucked ass all night with contain, and Niemann and Hitchens were no where to be found!

This clear and obvious void in our defense hasn’t been resolved in that we can’t stop the fucking run. 

I once expected Dorian O Daniel to be playing the position Niemann plays, but some how this dude has Spags/Reid in some kind of blackmail as to why he continues to get this amount of playing time. 

It’s preposterous. 

2 minutes ago, Chiefmanzada said:

This clear and obvious void in our defense hasn’t been resolved in that we can’t stop the fucking run. 

I once expected Dorian O Daniel to be playing the position Niemann plays, but some how this dude has Spags/Reid in some kind of blackmail as to why he continues to get this amount of playing time. 

It’s preposterous. 

Well...Hes smart?.

7 hours ago, kkuenn said:

I gave you 2 plays in the last drive. You said one all night? Go back and look at play by play if you want to feel right. There were plays where we stopped them. Hell Clark had a 5 yard tackle for loss on one run play too.

Let me be clear.....if the Ravens offense muffs a snap ...or the runner has a hole and misses it. ...etc. That is not the defense doing much of anything. The plays you cited had little to do with the defense " making a play". There is a difference.

1 hour ago, dhitter said:

Let me be clear.....if the Ravens offense muffs a snap ...or the runner has a hole and misses it. ...etc. That is not the defense doing much of anything. The plays you cited had little to do with the defense " making a play". There is a difference.

And again, to be clear, they had these plays without muffing a play. All you have to do is go back and see the play by play and know there were more than one of these. I gave you 3, hell 2 off the top of my head that had no muffing of a play. You were stating if there was even one all night. 

10 hours ago, azchief21 said:

Credit where credit is due. Confirming what we knew, Lamar is a really good RB and congrats to the Ravens for winning their Super Bowl tonight. They certainly were excited.  I like to go to the Chiefs discussion board after a game. Win or lose. I never run to the opponents discussion board immediately after a game. That seems trollish.

Call it what you want- with 19 players on IR including 9-10 starters, with all 3 RB's on IR, against a team you have winning the Super Bowl already, a team you have lost the last 3 games, in Prime Time, yeah, its a huge win.

8 minutes ago, Handswarmer said:

Call it what you want- with 19 players on IR including 9-10 starters, with all 3 RB's on IR, against a team you have winning the Super Bowl already, a team you have lost the last 3 games, in Prime Time, yeah, its a huge win.

Yep Ravens Kicked Ass and Took Names. Only advantage KC has is Mahomes. The Ravens proved they have a much better roster and completely out coached KC. Ravens earned the win. 

11 hours ago, artsy said:

Lol..yes! My wife who knows nothing about football just asked me if all the chiefs' money was tied up in the offense...I said actually YES.

But it’s not. Jones, Clark, HB, and even Hitchens makes 8 million. 

the offense has Mahomes, Kelce, Thuney, and hill. 

that’s4 and 4

48 minutes ago, AFCWEST said:

Yep Ravens Kicked Ass and Took Names. Only advantage KC has is Mahomes. The Ravens proved they have a much better roster and completely out coached KC. Ravens earned the win. 

The ravens didn't do anything special.  They did what every team should/will do and ran the football.  Now Lamar is special,  but their rbs had a great game too.

I'm gonna hold my wad on dismissing the run defense till Gay is off IR. I hope we get see Gay and Bolton playing as the 2 Nickel LBs, and Gay when we go Dime. 

It’s unbelievable that Thornhill only played 11 snaps last night. We continue to push Sorensen. 

at this point we need to see what Darius Harris or  DoD can do over Neimann. This needs to stop. 

Okafor needs to be released. Find any other DE. Bring back Taco. Anything, something. 

Reed has been very disappointing to this point too. 

i know Sorensen makes big splash plays but he is such a huge liability for the 95% off the other time on the field. Can’t cover and is dead once blocked. Let’s see Watts s as safety #3. 

Pringle definitely needs to play over Robinson. Pringle only has 11 snaps too. But made good plays.  

It’s dreadful and makes watching the Chiefs very hard. To see guys trotted out there that shouldn’t be constantly.