Trent Richardson

Dang it......I can't. 

In CEH's defense, the shotgun rpos/draws are bad designs for his skill set.   He is a patient and hesitant runner and this offense isn't designed for that.  It needs a bigger or faster one cut and go back.   Apparently his receiving prowess in college has all but disappeared.    Another reason you don't waste first round picks on RB's.   

6 minutes ago, Burpo The Mad Clown said:

CEH didn’t cost us the game with the fumble. The defense lost it by being unable to stop anything the Ravens threw at them. 

If you score 35 points and lose, the defense owns the loss. 

Technically the O only scored 28.  The defense did suck but I’m not sure it was entirely on them.  That scheme of Spags ( two weeks in a row) is far less attack and far more contain/bend don’t break.  Puts the D on their heals.  I’d rather be aggressive and lose than tentative.

I am not blaming CEH for the loss. What I have seen, preseason to now, is a guy who doesn’t read the holes or line and immediately magnet into the backs of the offensive line. He isn’t particularly fast. He isn’t particularly elusive. He isn’t particularly strong. Anything that slows him further down, like read option crap that Mahomes isn’t going to keep and run, exacerbates it. This guy sadly was the first RB taken and may be among the worst RBs drafted that year.

5 minutes ago, Thegoatee said:

I am not blaming CEH for the loss. What I have seen, preseason to now, is a guy who doesn’t read the holes or line and immediately magnet into the backs of the offensive line. He isn’t particularly fast. He isn’t particularly elusive. He isn’t particularly strong. Anything that slows him further down, like read option crap that Mahomes isn’t going to keep and run, exacerbates it. This guy sadly was the first RB taken and may be among the worst RBs drafted that year.

I dont care about the fumble. It happens. Chiefs deserved to lose.

CEH is too short, slow and tentative. Maybe Mahomes cant find him when he runs routes? If he was showing anything in practice as far as receiving I think it would be used in games. Time to move on. Hell Balt used guys off the street and torched KC. Sad but KC will probably ride this guy to a wild card spot just because they drafted him #1.

2 minutes ago, AFCWEST said:

I dont care about the fumble. It happens. Chiefs deserved to lose.

CEH is too short, slow and tentative. Maybe Mahomes cant find him when he runs routes? If he was showing anything in practice as far as receiving I think it would be used in games. Time to move on. Hell Balt used guys off the street and torched KC. Sad but KC will probably ride this guy to a wild card spot just because they drafted him #1.

thats because our front 7 (6- Bolton)) cant tackle its has nothing to do with CEH

I dont see Veach as the Carl Peterson type if #1 shows he's better I suspect we'll see #1 but he aint big  or strong either. I seem to remember him being called last night as a  "Scatt back". Hell even that FB aint what i'd call big either. I really wish we had a bruiser of an RB.

5 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

thats because our front 7 (6- Bolton)) cant tackle its has nothing to do with CEH

I dont see Veach as the Carl Peterson type if #1 shows he's better I suspect we'll see #1 but he aint big  or strong either. I seem to remember him being called last night as a  "Scatt back". Hell even that FB aint what i'd call big either. I really wish we had a bruiser of an RB.

Im not blaming CEH for the loss. I think KC would have been much better off drafting defense. I said that day one with that pick. CEH has had time to show something. He had one great game. TB won the SB with a RB off the street. RBs are a dime a dozen. CEH is not special.

8 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

We did struggle tackling last week as well.  Sorensen anyone?  Problem is sitting behind the dline instead of hitting holes puts you at a disadvantage.  You are no longer the aggressor but a tractor. 

Also when did we start playing the running back in a read option.  A couple times we jumped the back forcing the most dangerous runner on the field to keep it.  I’ve always leaned you force it out of the qbs hands then string out the rb to the sideline.  

Not sure what we did this week at practice, because they’ve been doing this for years now on O.  

Also how does the whole Cochinf staff not see the massive limitations of Ben on film and not want to churn the bottom of the roster for a replacement????

It’s not his fault.

but keep it real, he’s not the answer at rb. There are no signs of burst, speed, etc. He is so hesitant…

last night, he has the edge on a toss, (early in the game)and should have been gone. Instead he was pulling a dump truck and got about 4 yards.

I didn’t realize how slow he was… is… 

2 minutes ago, Lamardirts said:

We did struggle tackling last week as well.  Sorensen anyone?  Problem is sitting behind the dline instead of hitting holes puts you at a disadvantage.  You are no longer the aggressor but a tractor. 

Also when did we start playing the running back in a read option.  A couple times we jumped the back forcing the most dangerous runner on the field to keep it.  I’ve always leaned you force it out of the qbs hands then string out the rb to the sideline.  

Not sure what we did this week at practice, because they’ve been doing this for years now on O.  

Also how does the whole Cochinf staff not see the massive limitations of Ben on film and not want to churn the bottom of the roster for a replacement????

The sorenson and Ben project has to stop.

We need to give McKinnon more snaps. He is faster and that should help. I agree these shot gun handoffs are not helping us to get ahead of the sticks. 
I also think we need to move Chris Jones back into the middle. Here are my reasons 

going up against centre’s and guards instead of tackles. 
fastest way to QB
We not seen and battled balls. 

this change should be done right away and may help. It won’t help the run defense but at least we are creating pressure. Him being in the edge is not helping us at all and in fact making things worse. 

5 minutes ago, Holmes4six! said:

We need to give McKinnon more snaps. He is faster and that should help. I agree these shot gun handoffs are not helping us to get ahead of the sticks. 
I also think we need to move Chris Jones back into the middle. Here are my reasons 

going up against centre’s and guards instead of tackles. 
fastest way to QB
We not seen and battled balls. 

this change should be done right away and may help. It won’t help the run defense but at least we are creating pressure. Him being in the edge is not helping us at all and in fact making things worse. 

Agreed. CJ is not a full-time DE. We need to slide him back and occasionally use him at DE against pocket passers. He couldn't do anything against a backup RT and washed Villenueva

13 minutes ago, ChiefThunder said:

Agreed. CJ is not a full-time DE. We need to slide him back and occasionally use him at DE against pocket passers. He couldn't do anything against a backup RT and washed Villenueva

Especially against the option and a running qb.

there was NEVER a single moment last night where it was obvious pass. He couldn’t just pass rush.

2 hours ago, Burpo The Mad Clown said:

CEH didn’t cost us the game with the fumble. The defense lost it by being unable to stop anything the Ravens threw at them. 

If you score 35 points and lose, the defense owns the loss. 

Nobody is blaming CEH for the loss here why start this?  It is being pointed out that he might not be who we hoped we were getting with that 1st round pick

I’m still not sure we were ever truly rushing LJ.   Many times defenses will scheme a contained rush to keep him in the pocket.   Force LJ to beat us with his arm….it worked in previous games but we never stopped then enough on O to build a lead big enough to force that.   Bad game planning , pathetic adjustments and poor execution doomed the D.

Can't really name a single individual for the loss, it truly was a team effort. Defense failed to stop the Ravens all game long and when they did the offense couldn't capitalize in the last quarter. 

Regarding CEH I don't think he'll ever live up to the hype of a 1st round RB simply because Reid doesn't want one. This RPO doesn't give the line or the RB much of a chance to set something up and he's barely getting any touches as things currently stand. Unless we utilize the pro formation I don't think we can talk about an effective run game and there's almost no play-action either. 

3 minutes ago, Palangi said:

Unfortunately looking back on that draft if we were to take RB CEH would have been the 4th option. Taylor, Swift, and Dobbins fit our scheme much better

Swift was the most talented imo, but Taylor’s speed would have been a nightmare.    I like both more than CEH.