Trent Richardson

13 hours ago, Thegoatee said:

CEH is Trent Richardson. Change my mind.

In pretty much every statistic used to measure running backs, CEH is superior.  Richardson also always had a questionable work ethic and his commitment and professionalism were a problem.  I have heard nothing of the sort about CEH.  By all accounts, he's a great kid.  

But we lost a game.  I get it.  

5 minutes ago, reesebobby said:

In pretty much every statistic used to measure running backs, CEH is superior.  Richardson also always had a questionable work ethic and his commitment and professionalism were a problem.  I have heard nothing of the sort about CEH.  By all accounts, he's a great kid.  

Reid utilizes the strength of his players and conforms to it. Seems he is not doing it with CEH imo. He could and should be used more in the passing game if they are not going to use him as a runner. He ran just 13 times and not a single reception. Say what you will about a 1st round pick etc, but he is not being used at all. No RB would look good with this usage.

16 minutes ago, kkuenn said:

Reid utilizes the strength of his players and conforms to it. Seems he is not doing it with CEH imo. He could and should be used more in the passing game if they are not going to use him as a runner. He ran just 13 times and not a single reception. Say what you will about a 1st round pick etc, but he is not being used at all. No RB would look good with this usage.

Well, he is a RB, right?

RBs catch the ball, but they also run the ball, right?

CEH has no speed, wiggle or power...CEH would've been there in the 4th.

16 minutes ago, artsy said:

Well, he is a RB, right?

RBs catch the ball, but they also run the ball, right?

CEH has no speed, wiggle or power...CEH would've been there in the 4th.

Lol he is a rb but they don't run him is my point. 13 touches, come on. Even better was his receiving skills, where he was not thrown to at all. Yeah I mean why even have a rb in this team the way Reid used them. Henry would not look good in this team as a RB.

17 minutes ago, kkuenn said:

Lol he is a rb but they don't run him is my point. 13 touches, come on. Even better was his receiving skills, where he was not thrown to at all. Yeah I mean why even have a rb in this team the way Reid used them. Henry would not look good in this team as a RB.

I agree with you 100%.

That's why I'm so confused that we took this guy in the 1st. 

40 minutes ago, Handswarmer said:

Andy Reid has never been high on RB's in his Offense. He used them more as a receiver and ran them to keep the D honest.

Yes, I understand this. Even then our RB is not getting any receptions. Whether by design or Mahomes going elsewhere the rb is not being used at all. 13 touches for the whole game and all just runs. 

1 hour ago, artsy said:

I agree with you 100%.

That's why I'm so confused that we took this guy in the 1st. 

Well if they knew they did not want to use him, then it makes sense. The guy has shown he can run last season, especially with a light box. He can catch too and yet we see this bs usage so far this season. The guy can play, if given the chance.

11 minutes ago, kkuenn said:

Well if they knew they did not want to use him, then it makes sense. The guy has shown he can run last season, especially with a light box. He can catch too and yet we see this bs usage so far this season. The guy can play, if given the chance.

Light box? Any RB can do that. 

2 hours ago, reesebobby said:

Counter point: Richardson looked like gold after his rookie season. He was all over NFL marketing as a new face. He was touted as a fantasy option early. He fell off a cliff, and somehow got the Browns a 1st rounder in a terrible trade when they saw the mistake. One of the worst trades in NFL history.

CEH stats through 2 games is looking closer to Richardson’s second season. It is a really early sample. But if he cannot average 4 yards per carry this year with our passing attack and revamped line, he will move to bust category for me.

9 minutes ago, Thegoatee said:

Counter point: Richardson looked like gold after his rookie season. He was all over NFL marketing as a new face. He was touted as a fantasy option early. He fell off a cliff, and somehow got the Browns a 1st rounder in a terrible trade when they saw the mistake. One of the worst trades in NFL history.

CEH stats through 2 games is looking closer to Richardson’s second season. It is a really early sample. But if he cannot average 4 yards per carry this year with our passing attack and revamped line, he will move to bust category for me.

I'm with you, I just don't know if he should be considered a bust tho.

Hell, he wasn't fast or powerful at LSU He had good hands and was a good route runner for a RB. I "think" he's still good at those things...but he never was considered a top flight "running" back. 

Just now, artsy said:

I'm with you, I just don't know if he should be considered a bust tho.

Hell, he wasn't fast or powerful at LSU He had good hands and was a good route runner for a RB. I "think" he's still good at those things...but he never was considered a top flight "running" back. 

College is not the NFL. Hey I hope the guy becomes a total beast. I really do.

11 minutes ago, AFCWEST said:

My point is you can get a guy off the street to do that. Light box? See Ravens vs Chiefs results with guys off the street and a short week and injured oline.

Well if that were the case, then why have we not done so? I trust their judgment in this with CEH. We also have a guy off the street in Williams and he does even worse than CEH. Ravens did it more so because of LJ threat and our horrid run defense. Look at Chubb and Hunt, 116 yards and 21 carries.  They had better backs and did worse. This loss is more if the LJ factor imo. 

5 minutes ago, kkuenn said:

Well if that were the case, then why have we not done so? I trust their judgment in this with CEH. We also have a guy off the street in Williams and he does even worse than CEH. Ravens did it more so because of LJ threat and our horrid run defense. Look at Chubb and Hunt, 116 yards and 21 carries.  They had better backs and did worse. This loss is more if the LJ factor imo. 

Again you miss the point. Its a wasted first round pick. Tampa Bay won it all with a guy off the street. Yes if the oline blocked better, if Andy called the plays and blah blah blah. With all those ifs Im saying any decent RB can pick up yards. CEH is not special. Chiefs would be a much better defense if those high picks were used on defense vs the Clarks of the world. 

Im not talking about the loss. CEH was not why KC lost. The defense is putrid. 

24 minutes ago, Thegoatee said:

I think if we have this discussion even at week 10 it might make sense.  

Josh Jacobs is one of the best backs in the league.  He had 10 carries for 34 yards against that defense.  Philip Lindsey and Mark Ingram combined for 19 carries for 43 yards against the Browns defense.  This is the first time since 1970 that an offensive line has been replaced completely from tackle to tackle.  We have 2 rookies starting, basically 3 counting Niang.  How in the world can we be having this discussion comparing him to one of the all time draft busts after game 2?

2 minutes ago, AFCWEST said:

Again you miss the point. Its a wasted first round pick. Tampa Bay won it all with a guy off the street. Yes if the oline blocked better, if Andy called the plays and blah blah blah. With all those ifs Im saying any decent RB can pick up yards. CEH is not special. Chiefs would be a much better defense if those high picks were used on defense vs the Clarks of the world. 

Seems to be the theme of the day on KC Sports radio today

2 minutes ago, reesebobby said:

I think if we have this discussion even at week 10 it might make sense.  

Josh Jacobs is one of the best backs in the league.  He had 10 carries for 34 yards against that defense.  Philip Lindsey and Mark Ingram combined for 19 carries for 43 yards against the Browns defense.  This is the first time since 1970 that an offensive line has been replaced completely from tackle to tackle.  We have 2 rookies starting, basically 3 counting Niang.  How in the world can we be having this discussion comparing him to one of the all time draft busts after game 2?

EXCUSES EXCUSES 

2 minutes ago, AFCWEST said:

Im not talking about the loss. CEH was not why KC lost. The defense is putrid. 

Fournette was a guy off the street? Lol, he was the 4th overall pick! I mean give CEH a chance.  Not even into his 2nd year much and already people are jumping him. You do you though.

2 minutes ago, kkuenn said:

Fournette was a guy off the street? Lol, he was the 4th overall pick! I mean give CEH a chance.  Not even into his 2nd year much and already people are jumping him. You do you though.

Yes he was picked up after being released. Off the street. I do not think CEH is a complete bust. I think using a #1 pick was a waste when you need defense.