Defensive identity

253 yards on the ground is swiss cheese..   its swiss cheese that is full of blow holes

those are the big holes in swiss cheese.. the ones that arent desirable.. 

260 something in the air is swiss cheese.. swiss cheese full of blow holes

no we cant even be a good swiss hole defense.. we got the worst of the bunch.. the biggest holes, of all.. 

I think the entire problem for the defense is linebacker. They are so bad, identity is impossible. It is why a guy like Dirty Dan is on the field too much, compensating for atrocious LBs. For the life of me, I don’t understand Niemann being on the field constantly. I don’t care if he plays special teams well. With our offense and kicker, kick returns will almost never happen. Just punt coverage matters. We need a mean dude who punishes people. A dude who makes you feel it when you get tackled. We’ve not had that in 10+ years.

9 minutes ago, Thegoatee said:

I think the entire problem for the defense is linebacker. They are so bad, identity is impossible. It is why a guy like Dirty Dan is on the field too much, compensating for atrocious LBs. For the life of me, I don’t understand Niemann being on the field constantly. I don’t care if he plays special teams well. With our offense and kicker, kick returns will almost never happen. Just punt coverage matters. We need a mean dude who punishes people. A dude who makes you feel it when you get tackled. We’ve not had that in 10+ years.

Burfict was sorry but he was feared.   We got a corp of pansies running back there.  Wasn’t House suppose to be a good LB coach?

34 minutes ago, Lamardirts said:

Burfict was sorry but he was feared.   We got a corp of pansies running back there.  Wasn’t House suppose to be a good LB coach?

Apparently, neither House, Spags or Andy know a G-Damn thing about LBs. And that includes Veech who paid Hitchens top 3 LB money when Dallas happily let his ass walk. We haven't had good LBs for a loooong time.

I do believe the run defense will look and play a tad bit better with some LBs who can actually play. Spags defensive system doesn't really require or consist of the DT's shooting gaps. They're supposed to stand up and eat blocks while the LBs make the play.

Well...The Dline get's pushed back and controlled by one guy which always allows a guard or TE or FB to climb on the LBs who don't even try to shed the block. Hitchens literally waits to get blocked by a pulling/climbing olineman, wiggles around till the RB runs past him and then jumps on his back!

WTF???

2 hours ago, Palangi said:

Harris or DoD need to start taking reps from Neimann

Watts needs to take reps from Sorensen as safety 3. 

Thornhill needs to be the starting safety. 

Okafor needs to be released. Bring in a young hungry guy that specializes in pass rush. Look on practice squad from other teams

Gay needs to replace Hitchens when he comes back. 

Baker and Hughes need to replace a ward. 

shake ups need to happen. We have too many comfortable players who think they are untouchable

I wouldnt be surprised if not a single one of these moves are made. It took a SB loss to make them shake up the offensive line. 

46 minutes ago, artsy said:

Apparently, neither House, Spags or Andy know a G-Damn thing about LBs. And that includes Veech who paid Hitchens top 3 LB money when Dallas happily let his ass walk. We haven't had good LBs for a loooong time.

I do believe the run defense will look and play a tad bit better with some LBs who can actually play. Spags defensive system doesn't really require or consist of the DT's shooting gaps. They're supposed to stand up and eat blocks while the LBs make the play.

Well...The Dline get's pushed back and controlled by one guy which always allows a guard or TE or FB to climb on the LBs who don't even try to shed the block. Hitchens literally waits to get blocked by a pulling/climbing olineman, wiggles around till the RB runs past him and then jumps on his back!

WTF???

Last good LB you guys had was DJ. Loved that guy

1 hour ago, Thegoatee said:

Dan is on the field because the coaches are playing him over Thornhill right now. Not the LBs right now. It is amazing that they are making this choice too

57 minutes ago, artsy said:

WTF???

When Gay comes back I’d like to see

WLB- Gay

MLB- Bolton

SLB- Harris

letting Gay play the WLB allows him to use his speed and fly around with less traffic. Bolton is a physical player with good speed. He could be a monster MLB. He plays with great instincts and is very smart to pick up the defense. Harris is a long athletic guy that can fight with TEs. He also moves around well too. And plays aggressive

This allows us to get bigger, stronger, and faster at the second level

3 minutes ago, Handswarmer said:

Houston is more a PAss rusher- I was referring to a MLB or ILB

If only we used him as such when he was here. He did a lot of coverage and run contain but still was able to rush when allowed to do so. Could have used him this year here for pass rushing.

According to the Sunday Night Football gamebook, safety Juan Thornhill played the least of those defenders with snaps against the Ravens, coming in at 11 plays. Veteran safety Daniel Sorensen player 100% of defensive snaps, or 76 plays.

“Juan and Dan, they do certain things the same and a couple things different,” said Reid. “It all kind of equals out, and Dan really had the better camp and so on. Maybe a little bit more consistency there, but we love Juan and where he’s getting himself back to where he was his rookie year. I don’t want to take anything way from the effort that he’s put forward to do that. They all get a chance to play. I think we’ll take it step by step here and can’t have enough of those guys that can play.”

Some figured Thornhill might get the nod next to Tyrann Mathieu in his return to the lineup after Thornhill had an excellent second half against the Cleveland Browns. Not to be, at least on Sunday night.

Reid addressed the Chiefs’ problems in the red zone.

The red zone was the point of focus for the Chiefs’ defense this offseason. The unit has been openly talking about the improvement necessary since March. To start the season, opposing offenses have scored touchdowns eight times in eight tries.

“Spags (Steve Spagnuolo) spent a lot of time in the offseason with that,” acknowledged Reid. “We worked it a ton in camp, and we haven’t had the results here. We’ll keep pounding that out until we get it right. It’s one of those things, everything gets magnified when you’re in the red zone, whether it’s good or bad. Even if you’re not tackling in the field, and it doesn’t happen in the red zone, you’re not giving up blocks up the field, then it’s going to get magnified in the red zone.

“Everything’s a little bit faster and all your strengths and weaknesses get magnified. So, you’ve got to make sure that you kind of get these fundamentals down and take care of it.”

You know what, I’m gonna step back from the ledge for just a moment. 

if you actually look around the league, defense is dog shit.

tampa has given up all kinds of points.

there are like 3 decent defenses in the league.

everything is geared towards offense. Look at this game already tonight. 

no excuse for allowing what the chiefs are doing though. 1000 yards allowed in 2 games lmao