Defensive identity

We have activated LB Willie Gay from Injured Reserve. Gay will be listed on the injury report with a Toe injury and is Questionable for Sunday’s Game. We have activated DE Demone Harris from the Practice Squad via Standard Elevation. We have waived LB Darius Harris.

On 10/8/2021 at 7:39 PM, Iluvhouse24 said:

I'm not talking about control as far as roster construction. I mean control as far as who plays. There can't be many DCs around the league that would not be willing to try something different at LB or S at this point. I dont care if it's ODaniel, Harris, Thornhill, Watts or someone off the practice squad. Sorenson is ranked 80th out of 82 qualifying safeties. So you misinterpreted what I was saying. 

And the fact is he has had plenty of really crappy defenses as a DC and when he was a head coach. League bottom defenses. Thats not sour grapes. Those are statistical facts. Greg Robinson was a SB winning DC at one time too. Doesn't mean he was a good coach. Dude went to the college level and faceplanted too.

I supported the move when he was hired, but his defense is failing this year. And they look like a bunch of clowns out there doing it. Blown coverages, missed assignments, poor tackling. That's coaching. 

Maybe Veach should just use the Billy Beane approach.  If Spags refuses to sit certain players, just trade/cut them.  

5 hours ago, azchief21 said:

Sutton- 405.5 yds/game, 26.3 points/game (2018)

Spags- 437.4 yds/game, 32.6 points/game (Now)

Of course Spags has time to clean that up but we seem to be going in the wrong direction. 

Wow.  Imagine what we could do if we got Sutton back!

This thread shouldn't be called "Defensive Identity."  It should be called "Defensive Identity Crisis."