hard time not getting over this but

but Odafe Oweh was responsible for possibly the 2 biggest plays made by the Raven's D and he was the pick used  getting the Brown trade ..I'm still debating in my head who I'd rather  have  this article kinda sums it up 

https://sports.yahoo.com/did-ravens-best-orlando-brown-110013285.html?fr=yhssrp_catchall

Did the Ravens get the best of the Orlando Brown Jr. trade?

When the Kansas City Chiefs and Baltimore Ravens agreed to a blockbuster trade involving LT Orlando Brown Jr., it forever entwined the two teams for the foreseeable future.

As a result of the trade, Kansas City received Brown and the 58th overall pick in the 2021 NFL draft. Baltimore received the 31st overall pick, 94th overall pick and future fourth and fifth rounders in 2022.

At pick No. 31 overall, Baltimore selected Penn State DE Odafe Oweh and at pick No. 94 they took Georgia OG Ben Cleveland. At pick No. 58, the Chiefs took Missouri LB Nick Bolton. We likely won’t know the true winners of this trade until much later on as the Ravens still have two picks to make. Still, after the results of Sunday’s game, it’s hard to come away thinking that the Ravens aren’t the early winners in this trade.

- ADVERTISEMENT -

Oweh, selected with what would have been the Chiefs’ first-round draft pick, has been a playmaker through his first two games of the 2021 NFL season. Against Kansas City, he was involved in both of the turnovers that ultimately cost the Chiefs the game.

Our friends over at Touchdown Wire noticed his part in Patrick Mahomes’ interception. Oweh masterfully fakes like he’s matching up in coverage with Travis Kelce before looping around and rushing Creed Humphrey on a delayed blitz. Oweh wraps up Mahomes, who attempts to throw the ball away, but couldn’t get enough arm on it. The results were Mahomes’ first September interception of his career.

With the game on the line, Oweh also forced and recovered the fumble against Clyde Edwards-Helaire, slamming the door shut on any hopes of a Chiefs victory.

Questioning whether Baltimore won this trade isn’t to say that Orlando Brown Jr. has been bad for Kansas City. In fact, he’s been pretty solid. After allowing five pressures in Week 1, Brown was credited with no pressures against his former team in Week 2. It’s also not to say that Nick Bolton has been bad either, he’s actually been one of the Chiefs’ best defenders against the run.

But was there another way for the Chiefs?

I think there’s no doubt that they could have kept Eric Fisher, who made his first start for the Colts in Week 2, returning from his Achilles injury. Sure, they would have needed to find a replacement at left tackle for Week 1 in this situation, but building offensive line depth was already a goal for 2021. Don’t go saying the Chiefs didn’t know he’d be ready to play either because that’s factually inaccurate. Rick Burkholder estimated in March that Fisher was looking at a mid-August return.

I guess it all comes down to whether you would rather have Orlando Brown Jr. and Nick Bolton or Odafe Oweh, Eric Fisher and two more draft picks in 2022? After the loss in Week 2, it’s certainly worth asking the question and considering the possible alternatives.

• The title was changed to hard time not getting over this but
2 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

but Odafe Oweh was responsible for possibly the 2 biggest plays made by the Raven's D and he was the pick used  getting the Brown trade ..I'm still debating in my head who I'd rather  have  this article kinda sums it up 

https://sports.yahoo.com/did-ravens-best-orlando-brown-110013285.html?fr=yhssrp_catchall

Did the Ravens get the best of the Orlando Brown Jr. trade?

When the Kansas City Chiefs and Baltimore Ravens agreed to a blockbuster trade involving LT Orlando Brown Jr., it forever entwined the two teams for the foreseeable future.

As a result of the trade, Kansas City received Brown and the 58th overall pick in the 2021 NFL draft. Baltimore received the 31st overall pick, 94th overall pick and future fourth and fifth rounders in 2022.

At pick No. 31 overall, Baltimore selected Penn State DE Odafe Oweh and at pick No. 94 they took Georgia OG Ben Cleveland. At pick No. 58, the Chiefs took Missouri LB Nick Bolton. We likely won’t know the true winners of this trade until much later on as the Ravens still have two picks to make. Still, after the results of Sunday’s game, it’s hard to come away thinking that the Ravens aren’t the early winners in this trade.

- ADVERTISEMENT -

Oweh, selected with what would have been the Chiefs’ first-round draft pick, has been a playmaker through his first two games of the 2021 NFL season. Against Kansas City, he was involved in both of the turnovers that ultimately cost the Chiefs the game.

Our friends over at Touchdown Wire noticed his part in Patrick Mahomes’ interception. Oweh masterfully fakes like he’s matching up in coverage with Travis Kelce before looping around and rushing Creed Humphrey on a delayed blitz. Oweh wraps up Mahomes, who attempts to throw the ball away, but couldn’t get enough arm on it. The results were Mahomes’ first September interception of his career.

With the game on the line, Oweh also forced and recovered the fumble against Clyde Edwards-Helaire, slamming the door shut on any hopes of a Chiefs victory.

Questioning whether Baltimore won this trade isn’t to say that Orlando Brown Jr. has been bad for Kansas City. In fact, he’s been pretty solid. After allowing five pressures in Week 1, Brown was credited with no pressures against his former team in Week 2. It’s also not to say that Nick Bolton has been bad either, he’s actually been one of the Chiefs’ best defenders against the run.

But was there another way for the Chiefs?

I think there’s no doubt that they could have kept Eric Fisher, who made his first start for the Colts in Week 2, returning from his Achilles injury. Sure, they would have needed to find a replacement at left tackle for Week 1 in this situation, but building offensive line depth was already a goal for 2021. Don’t go saying the Chiefs didn’t know he’d be ready to play either because that’s factually inaccurate. Rick Burkholder estimated in March that Fisher was looking at a mid-August return.

I guess it all comes down to whether you would rather have Orlando Brown Jr. and Nick Bolton or Odafe Oweh, Eric Fisher and two more draft picks in 2022? After the loss in Week 2, it’s certainly worth asking the question and considering the possible alternatives.

So sorry you posted this. May as well be a Ravens board. YUCK

Well, it is a fair question. Not sure how Eric Fisher gets included in this. They were different moves made at different times for different reasons. I think going into the season without a LT and with a half billion dollar QB is lunacy. If I add up the number of DEs on the squad and the number of LT on the squad right before that trade, the bigger need by far was LT. A rookie DE at the bottom of the first was not our biggest need. I am not saying it was a bad move for Balt, but that it was the only move for us. I guess we could have Villanueva who is 33 tomorrow and was ranked as the 32nd LT coming into the season.

I guess it all comes down to whether you would rather have Orlando Brown Jr. and Nick Bolton or Odafe Oweh, Eric Fisher and two more draft picks in 2022?

Yet to be seen really but Fisher is still not playing. I really don't think we could have had a good tackle in our draft positions and Brown also is just 25? I think we did right and if Brown does not extend, we get a 3rd round pick back likely. Why I think we extend HB, cut Hitchens and Clark and go after a LB or DE and draft the other need then this year. 

3 hours ago, kkuenn said:

I guess it all comes down to whether you would rather have Orlando Brown Jr. and Nick Bolton or Odafe Oweh, Eric Fisher and two more draft picks in 2022?

Yet to be seen really but Fisher is still not playing. I really don't think we could have had a good tackle in our draft positions and Brown also is just 25? I think we did right and if Brown does not extend, we get a 3rd round pick back likely. Why I think we extend HB, cut Hitchens and Clark and go after a LB or DE and draft the other need then this year. 

he played last week if memory serves

26 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

he played last week if memory serves

And that line was horrible. Could not score from the 1 yard line, 3 sacks given up, 11 qb hits, 3 tackles for loss etc. Even with Quentin Nelson next to him. Risky to see him back so soon, but I like a non inured 25 year old next to Thuney than Fisher. The offense, other than #2 WR is set for now, but Hardman can still come on. Time for some defensive picks as we will be in every game with Mahomes and company. Glad we did the trade to protect him even more.